• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
JJBA is currently an ongoing manga and more recently anime series but i find discussion of it limited so i feel it would be a good time to bring it to your attention:

Now i'm sure that doesn't really TELL you much but the series began in 1986 and the manga is STILL running, it follows the adventures of the Joestar family and is a generational tale that is split into parts, with each new part following a descendant of the Joestar family and the challenges they must face. As the video indicates the manga is currently on part 8 with the anime (that started last year) currently on part 2 with plans to cover everything that's completed.

JJBA has gotten to the point where it's been around long enough to have started quite alot cliches in anime however because it's split into parts it does enough that each part will bring something new to the table each time but that's not what catches most peoples attention. I have no desire to say more then it has alot of supernatural themes, saying anymore then that would spoil the show so i advise looking into it more yourselves.

Beware: Getting into this series will result in ridiculous/manly/absurd posing

tumblr_mh6ulsSepR1rn8um6o1_500.jpg

It's such a staple of the series that most homages to the series will involve the more memorable poses that have been done throughout it's history and while i understand that some of you may be put off by it's style, it's so much more then that.

I hope that maybe some of you will read this and take up an interest and give it a watch, it's not a masterpiece but it's great fun to watch and is in my opinion the best anime made in a good long while.

Gorbashou

A friend of mine suggested JJBA for me and I was skeptical at first. I kinda liked how the story evolved in the 2012 anime, and it got me watching. It only got better the more I watched and now I'm hooked.

It's an action-packed anime with style, story and character. If you are into things like this, you'll love it.
If you dislike the style as I thought I did before, this might just change your mind. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is amazing and worthwhile at least a try for anyone who likes anime. ^^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I love the manga, especially series 1. "MUDA MUDA!"

Although once Stands got introduced, I couldn't resist the concept and made one of my own. ._.

aoshi

Wasn't capcom working on a game title with this name? I stopped following capcom-unity. But this is news that it has a history and i thought it was a brand new game or project.:troll:

Rayl

Capcom made a fighting game of JoJo Part 3, there IS a new fighter coming out though on the PS3 which is being made by Cyberconnect2.

Gorbashou

Ohh yeah, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle. I do hope it'll release here. ^^

I love the manga, especially series 1. "MUDA MUDA!"

Although once Stands got introduced, I couldn't resist the concept and made one of my own. ._.

You did? Tell us, which type, how it looked like and what type of abilities it had.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You did? Tell us, which type, how it looked like and what type of abilities it had.

I made it a humanoid Stand, activated like most. His name was Castle of Glass, and he is a naga with see-through scales and muscles, so his organs and bones are visible, though he usually wears a thick black cloak to conceal his features. He could see through walls in a limited range and could extend this ability to the user, as well as being able to see weak points in objects.

Never came up with a Requiem form for him though...

Gorbashou

I made it a humanoid Stand, activated like most. His name was Castle of Glass, and he is a naga with see-through scales and muscles, so his organs and bones are visible, though he usually wears a thick black cloak to conceal his features. He could see through walls in a limited range and could extend this ability to the user, as well as being able to see weak points in objects.

Never came up with a Requiem form for him though...

Fool, Magician, High Priestess, Empress, Emperor, etc?

Rayl

Jesus dude that really sounds like something Araki would come up with, you even got the naming for it down perfectly, bravo i say!

As of episode 20 of the new anime, we're approaching the end of Part 2 (I reckon we have four/five more episodes left tops) and then we'll be arriving at pretty much everybody's favourite Part 3, i'd like to see how they handle it this time especially considering the previous anime pretty much removed Araki's style (and most of the posing!)

Also as we don't have Nobuo Tanaka voicing Dio this time around so ZA WAAAAAAAAAAAARUDO will be different this time, instead we have Takehito Koyasu and man i reckon with him, it's going to be so INCREDIBLY hammy, i mean he already was pretty hammed up in Part 1 (for those who have seen it) right?

Gorbashou

Jesus dude that really sounds like something Araki would come up with, you even got the naming for it down perfectly, bravo i say!

As of episode 20 of the new anime, we're approaching the end of Part 2 (I reckon we have four/five more episodes left tops) and then we'll be arriving at pretty much everybody's favourite Part 3, i'd like to see how they handle it this time especially considering the previous anime pretty much removed Araki's style (and most of the posing!)

Also as we don't have Nobuo Tanaka voicing Dio this time around so ZA WAAAAAAAAAAAARUDO will be different this time, instead we have Takehito Koyasu and man i reckon with him, it's going to be so INCREDIBLY hammy, i mean he already was pretty hammed up in Part 1 (for those who have seen it) right?

Loved Dio in part 1. His voice was awesome.

And part 2 is my all time favorite. Joseph Joestar thou art amazing. <3

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Jonathan Joestar: SUNLIGHT YELLOW OVERDRIVE!

Joseph Joestar: "Your next words will be '(insert sentence here)'"

Jotaro Kujo: Star Platinum! ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA! ORA! Yare Yare Daze.

Josuke Higashikata: Crazy Diamond! DORARARARARA!

Giorno Giovanna: Gold Experience! MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA! MUDA! WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Jolyne Kujo: Stone Ocean! ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA! ORA! Yare Yare Dawa.

Jonny Joestar: Tusk! (shoots fingernail bullets)

Rayl

It looks like my prediction is not far from the truth, Joesph versus Wham next episode, i reckon Battle Tendency will be over episode 25-27.

Everything from now till then though is going to be AMAZING.

Rayl

That's not the point of that graph haha, it's honestly meant in jest. It's only because part 5, in the fandom at least, is the easiest one to poke fun of due to the way the characters interact.

Honestly? I felt part 5 wasn't that overall enjoyable, however i do think it's flaws will be improved when it gets animated.

Top Bottom