• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Job Training & Work Center Community (Duolingo & BitCoin Model)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I had an idea not too long ago... about a place where anyone could live and work in. After getting off of work, they could take a class as well... in almost any subject they would be interested in.

A place for almost anyone who felt like there needs to be a new "Work & Learning System".

I first came up with this idea when looking into "live-in" workplaces. Offices where people can sleep and work the next day if they ever needed to.

Of course there will be bathrooms and private showers for those who decide to work late hours.

As to how they would learn, well...

This workplace would also be a school. I don't like using the word "school", so I prefer the term, "Job Training Center".

Because I think that almost anything you would like to learn could and should be used for some sort of "Real World Application".

You're probably wondering why "Duolingo" is in the title.

Well...

I was looking at it, and figured that this "Gamification" of education could be used to teach others after they finish working (if they're so inclined to learn, that is).

http://duolingo.com/

Yes, I know it sounds like "Edutainment" but I think this could be the real deal. This model could actually make people want to learn.

Now, for the community aspect.

I figured that this "office/job training center" could (if it ever got off the ground, that is) eventually expand.

Now, I believe in efficiency and flexibility, not expansion, it's important to know the difference.

I'm only mentioning expansion to meet the needs of an ever-growing staff and student body.

How to pay for all this, you ask?

Well, that's where it gets a little grey.

You could work on-site, while earning your keep while you stay there.

The currency used would be a virtual (but still financially sound) one.

Bitcoin.

Yes, all of this sounds like it's not the best thought-out plan, but it's still an idea worth looking into.

It would be no different than staying at an oil rig for two weeks and then going back. The only difference is, you can stay as long (or little) as you like and work your own hours.

You're probably thinking about all the clearances and red tape that someone would need in order to pull this off.

You would be right. However, these bureaucratic details will be resolved when the time comes to look them over.

In other words, we'll cross that bridge when we reach it.

There are two basic things that are needed to get a business off the ground. Money (a few dozen truckloads of it) and a clear plan to deal with the various obstacles along the way.

No, I'm not asking for donations.

That's what Kickstarter is for. :troll:

But I digress.

What I would like to hear is feedback. Any ideas of your own would be welcome.

Work and classes don't have to be a grind. They can be enjoyable. The trick is how to make them enjoyable.

Something as simple as a stopwatch and splitting people into groups of two can make things more fun for everyone.

This office will mostly be a game creation and small gardening site (for those who want to save money by growing their own food), but like I said before, almost anything goes.

The idea is blend as many markets into this space as possible... and doing it in a way that makes sense.

Well, that's about it. If I think of anything else on this topic, I'll just post it in the thread.

Thanks for reading.

Top Bottom