• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Japan: Endgame

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I just now found out that the Japanese economy is overdue for a crash. I had already known that things weren't looking good, I just hadn't known that things would go this badly. I figured that this would be, at the very least, a solvable problem due to the fact that the Japanese (if I may say so) are rather adaptable.

I don't know if there can be a recovery from this, though. At least, not for a good long time. A decade at the very least.

I grew up with the Genesis, N64, Dreamcast (Goodbye, Shenmue III), PS2, and have recently bought the Vita just for Persona 4; a game that takes place in a fictional town in rural Japan, and probably my favorite game of all time (I had just fused, in my opinion, a really good Izanagi about a week ago).

I love the culture (yes, even the historic culture during the Sengoku period), and it would hurt me so much to just see it... end up like this. To see it brought to a very near end.

No more Akihabara (Geek Central).

No more Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka (and all the other wonderful cities there) as they were. Now... now the post-apocalyptic scenario that was depicted in so many anime programs (and even Japanese live-action feature films) will almost certainly become reality.

No more Mie region (formerly known as the Iga province... the definitive Shinobi community during the feudal era). Who knows what will happen to all those important historical records once the collapse takes place.

Both the modern and historical traditions will carry on in some shape or form, but a great deal will also be lost, as well.

And lastly: The Gaming Community.

Gaming will suffer greatly due to this. It will be far worse than the crash of '83. The AAA gaming community over there has already been incapacitated to due astronomical costs. This is just the thing to take down the entire proverbial house of cards.

I wish this weren't happening. I wish that something could be done to avert this catastrophe. But the dominoes have already been set to fall...

.... all it will take now is a simple push.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The big problem for Japan will come when government bond yields really start to rise. The yield on 10 year government bonds has been creeping up over the past few months, and if they hit the 1.0% mark that will set off some major red flags.

Because Japan has a debt to GDP ratio of more than 200 percent, the only way that it can avoid a total meltdown of government finances is to have super low interest rates. The video posted below does a great job of elaborating on this point..."

"It really is very simple. If interest rates rise substantially, Japan will be done."

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...em-is-beginning-to-spin-wildly-out-of-control

http://www.businessinsider.com/nikkei-futures-2013-5

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Calm down....it may look bad for Japan but your blowing it way out of proportion. The worst that can happen is that Japan falls down in the ranks as a nation well South Korea and South Korean culture (music, games....PC/MMO though, entertainment) have actually been a rise and seems to be surpassing Japan. Won't be surprised if South Korea becomes the next Japan....sort of.

Also the first source/article is clearly one guy's own take on the matter and he is apparently trying to sell his book with his radical views on the subject.

The second source is much more credible as it just states what happens recently. Just hope (pray to God or a higher being if your religious) that Japan recovers or can bounce back.

But I wouldn't worry I mean America is $14 trillion in debt to China alone. How much debt Japan must be in can't be any worst or as bad. America went through a great economic collapse in the 1930s and they seem to recovered (granted it was due to WWII). Plus a lot of other big countries are having economic problems...its practically a normal thing.

Top Bottom