• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

jak and daxter discusiion

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Too bad the series ended in a bad note after "The Lost Frontier" fiasco.
it could rise from the ashes, have hope man.

its got enough threads to last a whole new trilogy.

not sure rebooting was the way to go but their reboot idea goes to far.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
it could rise from the ashes, have hope man.

its got enough threads to last a whole new trilogy.

not sure rebooting was the way to go but their reboot idea goes to far.
I look forward to this fateful day. Naughty Dog must salvage this series honor.

If I remember correctly, ottsel Dummy said that Jak will have many adventure in the future or the past. So they can finally clarified if Jak is the Mar or if Damas just named him after him, just for the hell of it. If it turns out to be the former, then the only thing that came in my mind for the creation of the house of Mar, is that Jak coincidentally adopted one of his ancestor. Plus will be able to see Mar's leadership capacities, other things he created and the beginning of the Metal Heads war. The other thing Naughty Dog can do is to show Jak's adventure throughout the universe, but Daxter wouldn't be with him, thus fans would complain.

As for the reboot, it isn't needed. The series must continue or die peacefully.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I look forward to this fateful day. Naughty Dog must salvage this series honor.

If I remember correctly, ottsel Dummy said that Jak will have many adventure in the future or the past. So they can finally clarified if Jak is the Mar or if Damas just named him after him, just for the hell of it. If it turns out to be the former, then the only thing that came in my mind for the creation of the house of Mar, is that Jak coincidentally adopted one of his ancestor. Plus will be able to see Mar's leadership capacities, other things he created and the beginning of the Metal Heads war. The other thing Naughty Dog can do is to show Jak's adventure throughout the universe, but Daxter wouldn't be with him, thus fans would complain.

As for the reboot, it isn't needed. The series must continue or die peacefully.

Ideally the whole Jak-mar thing is the only really left to answer. The whole Dark makers return plus Jak goes through the stars is optional. You could do a plot with Jak's mom and her side of the family.

Even thought lost frontier bombed, i do want to see the eco sages and explore the world.

I just meant the reboot focused on realism too much and I rather it bee more like Borderlands or Bioshock.

D-Sparda

Ideally the whole Jak-mar thing is the only really left to answer. The whole Dark makers return plus Jak goes through the stars is optional. You could do a plot with Jak's mom and her side of the family.

Even thought lost frontier bombed, i do want to see the eco sages and explore the world.

I just meant the reboot focused on realism too much and I rather it bee more like Borderlands or Bioshock.
If it's a story about his mother, what would be her movesets?

D-Sparda

What is Damas's movesets?

I'm not saying she has to be a playable character, just a plot point.
I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Which one of the Jak and Daxter games is your favorite?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Which one of the Jak and Daxter games is your favorite?
Either 2 or 3.

i think if they did a new jak trilogy, Jak and the cast should be older and some amount of time has passed since Jak x.

could a jak and daxter animated series work?

D-Sparda

Either 2 or 3.

i think if they did a new jak trilogy, Jak and the cast should be older and some amount of time has passed since Jak x.

could a jak and daxter animated series work?
About that new trilogy, do you have a story in mind?

As for the animated series, I don't know if it would work, but if they try, maybe they'll use the concept of one mission per episode.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
About that new trilogy, do you have a story in mind?

As for the animated series, I don't know if it would work, but if they try, maybe they'll use the concept of one mission per episode.

their most stand-alone stories design to answer some questions like who is Mar, Jak's mom family, while exploring the rest of the world. Their is gonna be more Dark makers versus Precursors fighting with Jak having to go to space and seeing new worlds.

There some more humorous plots like a daxter sequel where we see a what if scenario like jak was turned into a otsell instead of daxter.

Ideally, its nore of a loose adaptation adapting the games but coming up with new plots explaing some of the unknown aspects or confusing ones.

D-Sparda

their most stand-alone stories design to answer some questions like who is Mar, Jak's mom family, while exploring the rest of the world. Their is gonna be more Dark makers versus Precursors fighting with Jak having to go to space and seeing new worlds.

There some more humorous plots like a daxter sequel where we see a what if scenario like jak was turned into a otsell instead of daxter.

Ideally, its nore of a loose adaptation adapting the games but coming up with new plots explaing some of the unknown aspects or confusing ones.
Now that I think of it, Jak almost transformed into a Precursor. Good thing that Count Veger stepped in and saved Jak from an horrible fate.

Did you knew the Precursors' identity when they were revealed or when Jak went back from his trip in the Dark Maker ship, when you heard the quote «Our hero!» and then he said Daxter's name like he saw him?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Now that I think of it, Jak almost transformed into a Precursor. Good thing that Count Veger stepped in and saved Jak from an horrible fate.

Did you knew the Precursors's identity when they were revealed or when Jak went back from his trip in the Dark Maker ship, when you heard the quote «Our hero!» and then he said Daxter's name like he saw him?
it was probably subtle foreshadowing on the dev's part.

it might have had a different effect on Jak since turning him into a ottsel is not their best plan.

D-Sparda

it was probably subtle foreshadowing on the dev's part.

it might have had a different effect on Jak since turning him into a ottsel is not their best plan.
Now then, in one of your plot ideas you mentioned the exploration of the world. What do you want to discover?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Now then, in one of your plot ideas you mentioned the exploration of the world. What do you want to discover?
just areas outside of the wasteland, other continents and countries and cities.
just to give the world a little more color.

D-Sparda

Pretty much.

Jak's new gig is to be haven's ambassador to the world. Plus we gotta find the eco sages.
Eco sages that can be taken seriously compared to the former ones in The Precursor Legacy.

D-Sparda

pretty much. I was interested in using pre-existing characters like Sig or Ashelin but i think i rather make some new sages.
Speaking of Ashelin, now that Jak is back from his exile, she should let him claim his birth right.

Top Bottom