• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ivory and Ebony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivory-X-Ebony

Hey guys,
You see, Dante Shoot Hundreds Bullets With Ivory And Ebony Without Reloading Them. .
How Could It Be?
He Just Uses Twin Handguns. Not A Gatling Gun. .

Zany Blac

The guns are custom made for automatic fire by a woman in one of the novels i dunno if its still canon though, Nell Goldsteins hr ame i think

Zany Blac

Lol, i thought as a general consensus DMC 2 doesnt exist, i never played it but saw the cutscenes, safe to say i wont be scouring amazon or ebay for a copy ;)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Zany Blac;188480 said:
Lol, i thought as a general consensus DMC 2 doesnt exist, i never played it but saw the cutscenes, safe to say i wont be scouring amazon or ebay for a copy ;)

I second that. Even the producers who made it pretend it doesn't exist - so it's got to be bad, right? There's no hope for it, as far as I know. Not even Reuben could do that 'light' scene well :wacko:

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
clairavance;188487 said:
I second that. Even the producers who made it pretend it doesn't exist - so it's got to be bad, right? There's no hope for it, as far as I know. Not even Reuben could do that 'light' scene well :wacko:

The infamous 'light' scene was in dmc1, which, aside from that incident, was a thoroughly decent game. As for dmc2, consensus aside, it does exist. You can love it, like it, loathe it or lump it, but a fact is a fact and a game is a game.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I don't think it can be explained lol, if he was shooting magic bullets like ones made out of electricity or something then yeah but he is shooting real solid bullets and has infinite ammo. Of course I am just going by the bullets he shoots Yamato with in DMC4.

I think it's just one of those don't think about it things. Reloading guns and counting bullets sucks so why not just ignore that bit:p. We know that Nero does not have infinite ammo but we never see him reload.
Just sit back and enjoy the nonsensical awesomeness.

Zany Blac

By the way guys has anyone noticed how in the first game he uses fire charged bullets together with Trish's electricity to beat of mundus but in the second game finishes off the despair embodied with a blue electric shot... is this ever explained?

Zany Blac

Actually they do admit to mking it albeit rather sheepishly, DMC 2 is like that weird uncle your parents never leave you in the house with

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The Phantarch;188504 said:
The infamous 'light' scene was in dmc1, which, aside from that incident, was a thoroughly decent game. As for dmc2, consensus aside, it does exist. You can love it, like it, loathe it or lump it, but a fact is a fact and a game is a game.

Right. Okay, my bad, I'll suck it up. I made a mistake. In truth, I couldn't give a rats *** about any of the games made prior to DMC 3, so my memory on them would be a bit jumbled. I didn't like Trish until DMC 4. I thought they made her out to be very...uncool, in DMC1. Totally lost interest. And anyway. I'm just siding with the producers on DMC 2. We all know it's there, we just don't want to look at it.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
clairavance;188856 said:
Right. Okay, my bad, I'll suck it up. I made a mistake. In truth, I couldn't give a rats *** about any of the games made prior to DMC 3, so my memory on them would be a bit jumbled. I didn't like Trish until DMC 4. I thought they made her out to be very...uncool, in DMC1. Totally lost interest. And anyway. I'm just siding with the producers on DMC 2. We all know it's there, we just don't want to look at it.

Fine, I think you are being overly harsh, especially on DMC1 as it still is my favourite and I can't see that ever changing. Also whilst DMC2 is not in the same league as the others, credit where it's due, it is still fun to play now and again. I think DMC3 is vastly overrated and I don't give a steaming **** how many enemies I make for saying it. Don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic game on the whole but most of the enemies are PG cartoon-like and lacking any real character, with the exception of a couple of bosses, that alone pulls it down quite a few notches as far as I'm concerned. As for DMC4, maybe Trish, Dante and co are 'cooler' but look at what's happened... Sanctus as an arch nemesis! Come on! We all know that for a DMC final boss, it should have been a better foe: remember Mundus, Remember Vergil?
I'm not saying that DMC1 is flawless but at least it had a half-decent plot, great enemies all the way through, great atmosphere and a spectacular final boss. Go on, say "it doesn't have a level select" or "It doesn't have bloody palace" or "The controls are clunky" or "The graphics are crap" and see if I give two hoots.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The Phantarch;188861 said:
Fine, I think you are being overly harsh, especially on DMC1 as it still is my favourite and I can't see that ever changing.

I think DMC3 is vastly overrated and I don't give a steaming **** how many enemies I make for saying it. Don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic game on the whole but most of the enemies are PG cartoon-like and lacking any real character, with the exception of a couple of bosses, that alone pulls it down quite a few notches as far as I'm concerned.

As for DMC4, maybe Trish, Dante and co are 'cooler' but look at what's happened... Sanctus as an arch nemesis!

Go on, say "it doesn't have a level select" or "It doesn't have bloody palace" or "The controls are clunky" or "The graphics are crap" and see if I give two hoots.

Dude, I'm not trying to sway you over to see it my way. I could say you're being overly harsh in regards to DMC 3, but I won't, because nothing is perfect.

PG-cartoon like bosses? Touche - I'll give you that one. I still loved that game (well, who wouldn't really, it had TWINS!)

Sanctus...yeah, okay. So fighting some crazed old guy isn't exactly big hype. That really doesn't become an issue unless you've been with DMC from day 1, which in my case, I haven't. I got into DMC because of DMC4, so I feel obligated not to bash it at all (except for Nero, I can't help bashing him)

And no, I wasn't going to say any of the stuff you mentioned last. You're way off my line of thinking. So, you're in favour of the games I'm not. Shall we agree to disagree before a verbal fight ensues?

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
clairavance;188856 said:
Right. Okay, my bad, I'll suck it up. I made a mistake. In truth, I couldn't give a rats *** about any of the games made prior to DMC 3, so my memory on them would be a bit jumbled.

Can I just say thankyou for admitting that? If every DMC3 fan in the same position (and there are enough of them) had that attitude I would hate 3 a lot less.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
darth_angelo45;188935 said:
Can I just say thankyou for admitting that? If every DMC3 fan in the same position (and there are enough of them) had that attitude I would hate 3 a lot less.

er...your welcome? :huh:

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
clairavance;188889 said:
Dude, I'm not trying to sway you over to see it my way. I could say you're being overly harsh in regards to DMC 3, but I won't, because nothing is perfect.

PG-cartoon like bosses? Touche - I'll give you that one. I still loved that game (well, who wouldn't really, it had TWINS!)

Sanctus...yeah, okay. So fighting some crazed old guy isn't exactly big hype. That really doesn't become an issue unless you've been with DMC from day 1, which in my case, I haven't. I got into DMC because of DMC4, so I feel obligated not to bash it at all (except for Nero, I can't help bashing him)

And no, I wasn't going to say any of the stuff you mentioned last. You're way off my line of thinking. So, you're in favour of the games I'm not. Shall we agree to disagree before a verbal fight ensues?

Good idea, and the points you raise are fair. It's just I've been into them since, pretty much literally day 3. (The 3rd day after the release of the 1st DMC so I am, perhaps unfortunately, very passionate about it as a game (as if you couldn't tell:)) I'm fine to agree to disagree on such matters.After all, in the long run, it's a great series and not really worth the hassle. Combined with my masterclass procrastination drive means I want to avoid such hassle more so than most.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom