• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

It makes you wonder (or at least it makes me wonder)....

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
do you think all the main Final Fantasies have any kind of connection to each other besides the title and a few recurring elements? Like is Dissidia considered canon in any sense? What do y'all think?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I think in the dreadful 13 series they said all the Final Fantasy games are connected because they are all parallel universes. Lightning has become so powerful she can traverse between them. Which is Square just saying once against how much they love to jerk off to Lightning and it's probably an excuse to put her in more games.

You think Square would realize no one likes FF13 more than Square themselves.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well I think FF2 and FF4 are connected and there were hints/rumors that FF7 and FF10 are the same planet thousands of years apart so there is the possibilities.

Meg

Well I remember SE saying that the Dissidia games aren't canon. Beyond that, I don't know.

I think in the dreadful 13 series they said all the Final Fantasy games are connected because they are all parallel universes. Lightning has become so powerful she can traverse between them. Which is Square just saying once against how much they love to jerk off to Lightning and it's probably an excuse to put her in more games.

You think Square would realize no one likes FF13 more than Square themselves.
I don't even like FF13. :cautious: If anything, SE is so up their own butt, they are just going to keep doing whatever they want. Regardless if people like it or not. And then they'll keep complaining they aren't making enough money.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't even like FF13. :cautious: If anything, SE is so up their own butt, they are just going to keep doing whatever they want. Regardless if people like it or not. And then they'll keep complaining they aren't making enough money.
I don't think anyone likes FF13. It's just awful.

Meg

I don't think anyone likes FF13. It's just awful.

When XIII-2 was announced, I was admittedly surprised. But then I thought about it and realized that maybe this is SE wanting to give people the FF game they expected and wanted with the original game. Almost like a "we're sorry 13 was so bad," take-two, let's try again kinda thing. But....now I'm convinced someone really powerful at SE really loves Lightning and is just convinced that everyone else does to.

But really? No one else does.

*looks at avatar* Oh wait. :laugh: Although I never played either of the squeals because the first game was so bad. I just prefer to think that the games don't exist. I don't want to know. Don't tell me. No thank you, Square Enix. :facepalm:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Wow. No love for XIII, besides the avatar lady there.

I really liked XIII. I know it was really slow to start, 20 hours slow, but it was really worth the wait. It more than makes up for all it's drawbacks. The characters are good, the art style was outstanding, which includes the creature, world, and characters, and the music was more than passable. I get that it lacked some of the FF staples but it is, by no means, a bad game.

Man, f%^k this guy. I enjoyed it so he can go screw a goat.

He is right, tough. I don't care too much for Lightning's personality. But all that bitc#ing about her also applies to Cloud. She is literally a Cloud clone. For all the complains about Lightning I find it all hypocrisy since all the complains about her are qualities she shares with Cloud, series favorite.

Besides, I liked Snow better.

Last edited:

ToriJ

I know a couple of the games take place in the same world (Tactics and XII for instance), and it's been semi-confirmed that VII and X take place in the same universe, but outside of that, not really. And I honestly don't want there to be. I like Final Fantasy because each game is a new story with a new setting and cast of characters. It's a brand name. There doesn't need to be anymore connection than that.

Reactions: Meg

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Wow. No love for XIII, besides the avatar lady there.

I really liked XIII. I know it was really slow to start, 20 hours slow, but it was really worth the wait. It more than makes up for all it's drawbacks. The characters are good, the art style was outstanding, which includes the creature, world, and characters, and the music was more than passable. I get that it lacked some of the FF staples but it is, by no means, a bad game.

Putting it best, getting better 20 hours in is not a point in its favor you know. You can also blowtorch your hand for 20 hours and eventually the pain will go away but, you'd already have done major damage to it.

And the characters and story were pretty much the worst this series has ever produced. Lightning was designed to be a female Cloud basically but even Cloud had more personality that her and his wasn't even his own! Plus, don't even get me started on Hope. Never have I wanted to personally strangle and maim any video game character more than him. Snow also just deserves his goddamn teeth knocked out every time he opened his stupid mouth.

A side note, Snow and Serah's relationship was weird. He looks like he's pushing 30 and she looked 15.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
i'm not a big FF fan beat 1 ,7 and all of kingdom hearts
but i think i should leave this hear
i think its funny but i don't take it to seriously
He's got a very good point though. It should be taken in to consideration. Sure, it's entertaining, but he's not just babbling.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I don't think the Final Fantasy games are connected in any way. I've played FF IV, V, VI, VIII, IX and XIII, and they all have different kinds of worlds, and sometimes take place in completely different ages.
Maybe someone did make a nice little story that said these are all 'alternate universes', but even if that were true, it really doesn't matter. The games' characters, plots, and worlds just aren't related.

''FF XIII's characters are good, the art style was outstanding, which includes the creature, world, and characters, and the music was more than passable. I get that it lacked some of the FF staples but it is, by no means, a bad game.''

The characters were no more than caricatures - after their issues were sorted out, they lacked personality. They all became equally bland - even Fang. They were all whiny at the start, then became boring in the end. That is not a good kind of character progression. The other FFs (usually) did better in that respect.
Technically, the art style being good or bad is subjective. To me, its futuristic look became a bit boring after a while... not everything has to look like plastic and glass.
Music is subjective too - though most of the pieces are forgettable, imo. Might have something to do with most of the pieces being comparable in terms of power and melody. I think FF VII, VIII and IX did better in that department.
The story was convoluted and ultimately not very interesting, because I didn't care about the characters or its world.

But I do agree it's not a bad game. It's not very good either, though.

Last edited:

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
I guess it would be to much to ask if Capcom's franchises are connected in any form? More specifically Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry or Street Fighter (and yes I do know that it's pretty well established Final Fight and Street Fighter take place in the same world and same time period) and Megaman.

Top Bottom