• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Our Time Over?

Can We Ever Go Back To Traditional Gaming?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We'll Eventually Make A Comeback

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Foreword: I made this thread in response to the lack of DMC at TGS.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The question is up there, folks.

Have gamers as a whole moved on to touchscreen games and other tablet nonsense?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I know that there are at least a few hack n' slashers (and a couple of traditional fighting games if that's your thing -- but that's not for me, though) along the way, but I can't help but feel that all the games and genres we love are going to fade and never come back.

Also, is it too much for these damn phone (and tablet) companies to attach a decent button controller to their phones? Sony did it with Xpheria Play, so why can't they??

Touch-screen controls partially block your view of the screen, so you can't ever really get that 'traditional' feel on that platform.

Yes, I know that there are third-party peripherals that handle that sort of thing, but it's not something that's really feasible to use while you're on the move.

I really do think that there should be a space on the plastic under the screen dedicated for traditional controls. I think bringing the best of both worlds would definitely improve the quality of gaming on these devices, overall.

------------------------------------------------------------------

As it stands however, I think that these companies want to leave us behind. I think they resent us because we were the loudest group and were also the ones who paid the most.

Not so, anymore. Now, everything -- not just gaming -- but almost every other form of entertainment has gone "mainstream".

God, I hate the mainstream.

And DLC as well, but that's another matter, entirely. Back in 2005-2006, the only good "DLC" in my humble opinion was Ninja Gaiden Black and DMC3 SE.

And because I've lost my sanity completely...

patrick-bateman-axe-gif.gif

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
actual game consoles aren't dead yet and i don't think they will ever die they will just add more and more other features until it reaches the point that 90% of what is done with them has nothing to do with games (like how people use the phone part of there smart phone less then any other feature).

as long as a significant number of people want to play real video games they will exist even if it's just an extra feature of a multi-media device ( Xbox One is already showing that future). and i think Nintendo will probably keep making dedicated consoles with gaming as the focus until the end of the human race.

oh and people who only plays casual games on smartphones and tablets aren't gamers any more than someone that just plays solitaire and minesweeper on their computer. they are just bored people messing with something shiny to kill time. if video games aren't important to someone they are not a gamer.

our era is ending but we will not die.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
oh and people who only plays casual games on smartphones and tablets aren't gamers any more than someone that just plays solitaire and minesweeper on their computer. they are just bored people messing with something shiny to kill time. if video games aren't important to someone they are not a gamer.

Respectfully disagree with that assessment. If you play any video games, in any capacity and on any system, I believe you can be called a gamer. Otherwise it just comes off as a little elitist.

Although I do like shiny things...and I am easily distracted by them ;)

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Respectfully disagree with that assessment. If you play any video games, in any capacity and on any system, I believe you can be called a gamer. Otherwise it just comes off as a little elitist.

Although I do like shiny things...and I am easily distracted by them ;)

Good point there, Admin Angel! I really agree! At the end of the day, all video games made are just video games! It doesn't matter how easy or difficult the gameplay is, the balance, the graphics, if it's buggy, has crappy AI, and all that BS!

A video game is only but one form of entertainment media...!

Top Bottom