• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Lady the "ugly duckling"?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Well, I spent sometime playing the games again and seeing the Anime .In the end I became with the idea while Dante and Trish are presented as glamourous and great, she is frequently involved in stupid or embarrassing situations, being a bitch for non reason or even it was an episode she was treated as inferior.
Is it only me who noted this? Is she the ugly duckling of this trio, only used to make the other two shine?

Gel

Premium
That's why I don't know Capcom insists on using her, only to treat her a expendable. In episode 4 of anime she is made fun and her crush on Dante was exposed for no reason unless humiliation, as an " you losing your time". Quite sad...

IncarnatedDemon

How exactly has Mary been used to make Trish shine?
Before Mary was introduced Trish was beautiful and strong.
After Mary was introduced....Trish is still beautiful and strong.

In conclusion: Trish doesn´t need Mary to shine.

And you can discuss it all you want, from a power perspective...Mary is inferior to Dante and Trish.

I rest my case.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
well...dante has casual sex with both lady and trish. and he has the same level of respect for both of them. but lady isn't supposed to be seen as the ugly duckling. she's seen as the tomboy, or the working gal. she has to put more effort into what she does compared to dante and trish. who are op badasses...and what happened in episode 4?

Gel

Premium
It's not about power.It's about character per se.They use a character only to make it ridiculous, instead of giving something special or deepen the character. I'm wondering why Capcom make her becoming into this "empty b*tch".

Jak, it's highly improbable Dante had sex with Lady( imo), but with Trish...

In episode 4, seeing it is better than telling...

Gel

Premium
Well, Nero has a " mother/sister/lover" relationship with his legitimate adoptive sister Kyrie, so it could run in the blood:p

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
my girlfriend looks exactly like my grandma did when she was 16. are you suggesting that i too have an incest fetish?
No. It's just Dante having sex with Trish is borderline incest because she is basically a clone of his mom.

Reactions: Gel

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
No. It's just Dante having sex with Trish is borderline incest because she is basically a clone of his mom.

Well incest is sexual intercourse between people of close bloodlines (siblings, parents, cousins, etc) and Trish and Dante do not share any DNA at all.

Also Trish is not a clone of Eva, she is a demon designed to look like her or have her exact physical features. Mundus didn't biological create her in a test tube using Eva's DNA. Mundus basically made her out of thin air using only his memories of Eva to create an exact look alike....not a clone but a look alike.

Dante f*ckng someone who looks like and reminds him of his mom is weird (although there is a saying that daughters marry guys like their fathers and guys are more attracted to women who are like their mother) but its not incest.

Gel

Premium
It's considered simulation of incest,exactly because that person not only has the same features and have at least part of his mother's personality (according to DMC4 novel).It's the same if you have sex with your gf with her wearing a photo of your mom in her face.If you believe Kamiya and Sacred Heart's book, she's a living copy of the late.
If this doesn't stop him from doing it, what would stop him of having sex with Eva? Only the fact she is dead?

That's the question...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i really don't see any point where Lady is treated as less then Trish. in their fight in the anime they are equal which makes Lady an exceptionally strong human and Trish a relatively weak demon. they both start their game as a minor antagonist and end it as a close friend of Dante and possible love interest. in later appearances they both cause trouble for Dante sometimes ( Trish by being impulsive and mostly just doing what amuses her, Lady by being a money obsessed tsundere) and help him at other times.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Seems more like a third wheel to me. :/

no way, lady and dante all the way. I can't put too much thought into dante and trish because she's a clone of his mom, and that ****'s creepy :x

Reactions: Jak

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
no way, lady and dante all the way. I can't put too much thought into dante and trish because she's a clone of his mom, and that ****'s creepy :x

Kam, we may have had our differences, but right now you're my brother.

Reactions: Kam
Top Bottom