• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Kyrie symbol for Purity?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
tumblr_mejj61zYCd1rp5e5j.gif

because this is Nero and Kyrie
guy-cardboard-cutout-travel-asia-6.jpg

aoshi

Yes, she is. She represents humans who are not corrupted and are pure but with no background in combat. She makes me think of her as a priestess in church.A very lovable character.^_^

IncarnatedDemon

Yes, she is. She represents humans who are not corrupted and are pure but with no background in combat. She makes me think of her as a priestess in church.A very lovable character.^_^
It would have been interesting to see how Nero and Kyrie became so close.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
1:37

I agree, Kyrie's love for Nero is so shallow that the bitch looks past the fact Nero is a demon. So shallow her love is :blink:
This story was awful. DMC always sucked at telling stories anyway. This pic right here is a better love story than that.
4nlo.jpg

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It would have been interesting to see how Nero and Kyrie became so close.
Got to agree, I want to know how they became close. The first we see is Nero wanting to give her that necklace, then suddenly it's romance between them. Or maybe having Kyrie taken like that made Nero realise he was serious about her?

As for Kyrie herself, I guess you could go by what Dante says, that humans have something demons don't. Not sure if this is emotional strength or 'heart', but I guess that's what Kyrie is. She accepts Nero for what he is, but does freak out a bit when it looks like Nero has smacked down her brother. She shields that kid from attack....she's physically weak, but she has a different kind of strength. What I don't like though is that she's made into a 'princess in a tower'. It's like Nero's only reason for going on the journey is to rescue her, not to save the world. It's like saving the world is second place to saving Kyrie.

I guess she's there to keep Nero connected to humanity, but it would help if there were more scenes with her in to get more detail. Right now it's speculation and assumptions based on only a few scenes.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Considering there's insinuation of them already having something of a secret romance, indicated that she drags the obviously very heavy red queen INSIDE it's storage case all the way to the cathedral for him, and the fact he did buy what looks like a very expensive custom necklace for her...it's pre-established that they have feelings, it's just we don't get ANY background story at all on their relationships.

AND THAT is the bad writing.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I honestly like Kyrie. She's an enjoyable character who is very easy to love and like. She's a pure girl that accepts Nero for who he is in the end, and actually holds his devil-arm to tell him that its alright. Not to many other people would do that.

Like her brother, both are pure in intentions and only want the best for the people around them.

8BitHero

Scrub
Kyries wasn't really anything other than Neros friend needing help, it didn't really seem that deep. "Loyal friend + Love interest is captured > Best go get her".
As for representing purity, not really sure. She follows the same religious views as everyone else and believed in what The Saviour said therefore, not really able to think for herself but be told what to think.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
The only thing I know about Kyrie was that she was named after a type of musical chant that was sung during church services during the Renaissance era if I'm not mistaken. Or something to that degree. That's all I know. Either way, she's just a sterotypical damsel in distress character that doesn't do anything at all. Out of all the DMC characters, she's the one I like the least.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The only thing I know about Kyrie was that she was named after a type of musical chant that was sung during church services during the Renaissance era if I'm not mistaken. Or something to that degree. That's all I know. Either way, she's just a sterotypical damsel in distress character that doesn't do anything at all. Out of all the DMC characters, she's the one I like the least.
Yep, she's named for the Kyrie eleison, which is a song done during church service. All the Order of the sword members are named after chuch things.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
As for Kyrie herself, I guess you could go by what Dante says, that humans have something demons don't. Not sure if this is emotional strength or 'heart', but I guess that's what Kyrie is.

Have you played the game? Nero literally said to Sanctus ''But I do know Sparda had a heart; a heart that could love another person - a human - and that is what you lack.'' So yes, love, or 'heart'.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Have you played the game? Nero literally said to Sanctus ''But I do know Sparda had a heart; a heart that could love another person - a human - and that is what you lack.'' So yes, love, or 'heart'.
Yep, I played the game, but a long time ago and I don't know the game word for word.

That quote sounds almost like it came from Kingdom hearts. :p

FrostBite

Marshall of Radiance
I actually didn't like Kyrie all that much,she's just there so Nero can have a purpose throughout the game,but in reality she's an underdeveloped character.
This is just how I feel,don't come lashing out on me or anything.

Top Bottom