• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Capcom Giving DmC the Shaft?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Fun fact.

This thread was originally going to be titled "Is Capcom Giving DmC the Finger".

Anyways............

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/30/enough-mega-man-x-music-fill-sub-tank/#disqus_thread

So yeah its odd that for a collection of Devil May Cry music they left out DmC and yet the MegaMan X music collection has every game X game.

Is Capcom trying to forget or ignore DmC or there is a reasoning behind it (such as since the music collection might be in Japan only they decided to keep DmC out since it and its soundtrack is more suited to a western audience but then again every other DmC merchandising was sold in Japan and they got more DmC merchandising then we did or perhaps it was due to the fact that the Japanese Collectors Edition of DmC came with the full soundtrack and it can be bought separately in Japanese stores so adding it to the DMC music collection would be almost pointless but I'm sure they released several music collections for MegaMan X before although they didn't had all the games and but they also did release the past DMC soundtracks before but not as a collection and their one chance to release all of the DMC music they leave out DmC).

Hmmm....its quite confusing so what do you guys think?

Yeah I know its pretty sad when this is the only thing DMC related in the news.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Probably because Combichrist is a pretty expensive license along with Nosia. Plus DmC's soundtrack wouldn't really fit with the other DMC games because DmC is more...harder when it comes to metal. Plus, it's of Capcom's company, but I guess because people treat it like its a NT game, Capcom treats it as such as well.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
That will be so hard to do from what you're all saying...!

EDIT:
Anyway, I think Capcom is giving DmC you-know-what...!

What everyone else said, I assume part of the way they were able to minimize the cost for a full soundtrack done by Combichrist and Noisia was that they would be able to sell their albums separately.

Also, from the looks of it most of the music for DMC1-4 was done in house besides a few songs from L'arc en ciel's, especially DMC4, I mean seriously they really cheaped out for that game. Please Capcom, I beg you to never again only license one goddamn battle theme that plays during every enemy encounter like DMC4!!!

Just thinking about it.... Oh, no, here they come, those haunting lyrics...
"The Time has come and so have I..... *CRIES*"

DURRRRN DURRRRN...DURRRRN DYURRRRRRRRRRRRRN~

I will say though, its not all bad, the music sounds pretty good during the Berial Fight.

Another thing, I assume its harder to find and purchase the OSTS for DMC1-4 separately since its been so long since their release, where as you can buy DmC stuff pretty easily since it just came out less than a year ago.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
They're definitely good songs, but the one song that plays during fights with smallfry gets old insanely fast. It's a cool song, but not when you hear it so much.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't think it has anything to do with licenses. I think its the same reason you don't see any megaman xz tracks in the x collection, because they are not the same series, just the same franchise.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That's true, too, although almost all Mega Man games are part of the same timeline, save for one or two franchises.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
This is off-topic but can please anyone tell me what happened to this song >

I can't find this anywhere ! was this never released ?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Same thing happened with DMC4. The song on the first website was never released, there was a combat piece on a few of the first combat trailers that didn't make it to the soundtrack, and I'm sure there were others in other franchises. Why does Capcom do that?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Like everyone pretty much said, cost.

The soundtrack has a pretty broad appeal. Music here is quite popular over there in the east. Japan even has its own Ozzfest. Our music has a bigger audience in Japan than you think.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Maybe they don't think trailer music is representative of the game or somethin' :(

Possibly but they are hardly the only people that develop materials for trailers. Usually if there is a piece of music made for a trailer it's not rare to see that piece go on the soundtrack, and with over 100 pieces of music on DMC3 and 4's soundtracks I can't see why there isn't space for another one. I just hope that they'll include them in this new release.

Top Bottom