• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

IQ?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'v wondered something in DMC. Just a thought since seeing this:
10908-467075-20090418225357.jpg

It made me think; What if Dante and Vergil were still in high school, what would their IQ be, and how would they act. Also, what's their IQ now?

Mephisto

Using Alchemy to hunt those Demons down!
Possibly between 90 and 109 (average) or 110 or 119 (high average). That's just a guess because I looked it up on Wikipedia. :steve:
I laughed at the comic. xD I love how Vergil has a drawing of a cat on his thermos and Dante has a dog on his.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
What does IQ have to do with being in high school?

I would guess that Dante is around average and Vergil is probably significantly above average.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Back in the day, I did a prequel anime pitch that centered on how vergil and dante fell out before DMC3 so a large portion of it took place in high school. They were raised by an uncle(Eva's younger brother, former cop) who hunt demons after they killed Eva's mom, his wife and half the whole town. They had a female cousin named Nanako who is about 9-10.

Dante is more class clown than douche bag and more easy going. He thinks of his uncle as more of a hero than his dad as his uncle stayed and keeps fighting despite the the enormous odds where he views his dad as a coward who ran away at the first sign of hardship. His favorite superheroes are Punisher and Ghost rider.

Vergil dresses sharply and acts stiff and polite. He is socially awkward and tends to read a lot of old books like the divine comedy. He tends to be the more rebellious of the two and is fascinated by his demon half and otherworldly culture as a whole.There will be an arc where Vergil becomes an intern for the vassal of Amertarasu.

ReRave

smug jerk
Well Dante certainly needs some amount of wits and intelligence. Look at his display of superior multi-tasking in DMC3= what with the whole thing keeping an eye on like ten different enemies while jumping, spinning and shooting around in his office. Also the thing where all the pool-balls hit a target: that takes immense knowledge of kinematic physics and a keen eye.
Dante must be either superhumanly intelligent or lucky.

Can't say anything about Vergil, but seeing how seems to be more of the arcane type (and those guys are always pretty smart) he certainly is also pretty smart.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Well Dante certainly needs some amount of wits and intelligence. Look at his display of superior multi-tasking in DMC3= what with the whole thing keeping an eye on like ten different enemies while jumping, spinning and shooting around in his office. Also the thing where all the pool-balls hit a target: that takes immense knowledge of kinematic physics and a keen eye.
Dante must be either superhumanly intelligent or lucky.
Dante has a natural talent for combat but in every other situation he seems to have no clue what he is doing. So it is more a matter of having a highly specialized set of skills than unusualy high intelligence.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Dante has a natural talent for combat but in every other situation he seems to have no clue what he is doing. So it is more a matter of having a highly specialized set of skills than unusualy high intelligence.

I naturally assumed Dante was a drop out if he went to high school with his rebellious nature and real uninterest to learn a thing. Or maybe he was rebellious and was the type to put his feet on his desk, but was actually really smart and got almost perfect scores on test. More so Brilliant but lazy.

Vergil seems like the all around academic nut. Studying all that there is to study and wanting to know more about things. Maybe he would be also part of a disiplinary commitee like Hibari from Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Dante would be Gokudera from KHR as well.

Top Bottom