• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Internet?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Righty, sorry to bother you guys and gals with such an awkward question, but my mom *rollseyes* was wondering...

*deep voice* WHERE DOES THE INTERNET COME FROM?

This isn't a joke... (although, i kinda wish it was.)

I assume there is a hub (ie the center of it all.)
It has to come from somewhere right. I was just wondering if Bill Gates had a GIGANTIC server at Microsoft HQ where the internet is sent out from.

ISP's have to get it from somewhere to 'sell' to customers.

Does anyone know. Thankies for help in advance.

(Also, if anyone does know, could they please answer in simple English Please. Only my mother isn't the brighest thing in the world.)

Thankies again,
VB

aka958

Don't trust people
My guess without no knowledge in the subject is that it is a network. It doesn't need to come from a specific location since it's everywhere. But that's my guess... T_T

aka958

Don't trust people
^Then I was right. ^_^

It's just a network, connecting us all like a spider web.:D

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I know, but it must have a source.
Things have to start from somewhere (just like a stream that flows into the sea).

Would it have been easier to have started a debate about 'what came first, the chicken or the egg'.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
"The Federal Networking Council (FNC) agrees that the following language reflects our definition of the term 'Internet'. 'Internet' refers to the global information system that --

(i) is logically linked together by a globally unique address space based on the Internet Protocol (IP) or its subsequent extensions/follow-ons;

(ii) is able to support communications using the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) suite or its subsequent extensions/follow-ons, and/or other IP-compatible protocols; and

(iii) provides, uses or makes accessible, either publicly or privately, high level services layered on the communications and related infrastructure described herein."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
As far as I know, it's as Nico said. It's a network. The source would just be whatever founding group of computers started with it, I would assume.

The internet is such a complex thing though...I'm kind of afraid of it, even though it does so much good. It is a MASSIVE thing.

EDIT: Hey, lookie there. Nico ninja'd me xD

aka958

Don't trust people
The internet is and intern thing. Think of every modem and stuff like that as nodes that sends out to a different node different information.

But when it comes to different sites and stuff like that, I don't where they are saved. T_T

Captain Ren

Tribble
wait... do you plan to blow up the internet?!

actually i think i would like to see how the world would fall apart *evil laugh*

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
sadly, my plans to take over the world have been put on hold.
Being a queen would be nice, but, i feel i would need someone by my side.

I must admit, the chaos would be fun to watch.

But, this is just my mom asking questions that she knows i just don't have the answer to.

Nicodemus: Thankies

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^No!The matrix...is connected with us...VB!Blow the world down.NOW!

The moment the nuclear fallout will happen,the Saviour using the fist of the devil will appear and bring peace.DO IT NOW!

PS : Yes...too much Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
it's just every computer conneting together through

either

1:a building
2:a invisible sorting system

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Oh, for a sec I thought you meant where did it originate... I was going to say it was intended for military comms in a nuclear war situation in the USA or something like that. That was the general idea anyway, and when it was suggested it might have civilian use too someday, folks lol'd.

As for how it works, it's something like actual information from the internet is usually stored physically in servers somewhere, like in an office. My website resides on a server in London with Telivo for example. The rest of it works by assigning IP addresses to every single computer with internet access, which are managed by private Internet service providers, and network service providers, which exchange info packets between computers and computers and computers and servers like peers. Most of it is privately owned rather than regulated generally using cable or phone lines as the medium. It doesn't really originate in one particular place except to say each country will have a series of hubs of regional and local activity all interconnected. (I think.) My Multimedia Systems course was some time ago now <_<

Top Bottom