• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Internet Help

Meg

My laptop's connection used to be fine, but ever since the power outage a few days ago its really sucked. It would be fine for a while, then kick me off. In fact, right after the power outage it wouldn't let me on at all. I was wondering if there was some kind of connection to the two, or if it was just a coincidence. And is there a way to fix it? Thank you.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Have you tried re-installing your wireless internet adapter? That's what I do when it begins acting up.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
meg127;268001 said:
My laptop's connection used to be fine, but ever since the power outage a few days ago its really sucked. It would be fine for a while, then kick me off. In fact, right after the power outage it wouldn't let me on at all. I was wondering if there was some kind of connection to the two, or if it was just a coincidence. And is there a way to fix it? Thank you.

This happens to me a few times. In my personal opinion, your modem is already busted. Sometimes you can use the internet for a few minutes, then after that you can't connect to it at all. Sometimes you can't even use it at all.

The modem can be damaged by either sudden power outage or lightning strike. I suggest that you replace the old (damaged) modem with a new one.

Meg

^ But it with get cranky, so I'll just turn AirPort on and off and then it will be fine. So is this still the same problem? :(

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
meg127;268080 said:
^ But it with get cranky, so I'll just turn AirPort on and off and then it will be fine. So is this still the same problem? :(

I am not really sure about that. If your Internet connection still has the same problem, contact any PC maintenance guys to check it out, and if necessary, buy a new modem.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I'd agree with CM, your modem has probably crapped out, mine has been the victim of a massive power surge and it now works intermittently at best, sometimes it'll connect, sometimes it won't, sometimes it'll connect and it won't give me access to things like Steam, but it'll let me browse the internet.

I'd try replacing the router, I did it and it worked fine again, just...I have to send it back because that router isn't working for anyone else. XD

ResaMoon

*DJ Blow My Speakers Up*
Angelo Credo;268090 said:
I'd try replacing the router, I did it and it worked fine again, just...I have to send it back because that router isn't working for anyone else. XD

Here's abit of advice, this should be coming from Credo though: Never by a router from Ebay! x3

V

Oldschool DMC fan
You could try asking your ISP if there's anything wrong with your service. I say this because while I agree with other members that it could be router hardware - this same thing happened to me a few months back and I bought a new router in response, but it actually turned out to be a phone line/service problem. I called up BT and got them to test the line and the speeds, after two calls I got someone who was able to flick a switch somewhere that instantly got me back up to the speeds I should have been getting and with no more internet cut-out.

In my experience routers are only really broken if they won't connect at all - if they connect but then cut out it's usually either the phone line/cable or a software/settings problem...

Meg

Alright thanks everyone. :) I think I'll call tech support first, as Lexy said. Especially since my mom's computer has a crud internet connection sometimes to. :unsure:

Meg

Ok I'm confused. My internet has been fine for several days. No problems outside of the regular stuff. So is it still something worth looking into, or am I fine? :wacko:

EDIT: GAH! Double post! *slaps forehead*

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
meg127;268783 said:
Ok I'm confused. My internet has been fine for several days. No problems outside of the regular stuff. So is it still something worth looking into, or am I fine? :wacko:

EDIT: GAH! Double post! *slaps forehead*

Regular stuff? Do you still have the same Internet problem?

Meg

No. Before the power outage it would get cranky every once in awhile. Like if the battery was running low, or if it was getting to hot. It's back to being like that.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
meg127;268786 said:
No. Before the power outage it would get cranky every once in awhile. Like if the battery was running low, or if it was getting to hot. It's back to being like that.

I see. Did the tech support say anything about it?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
meg127;268789 said:
Nope. I never called because it got better before I had a chance.

Perhaps your laptop's battery has been damaged as well.

Previously I had a power outage before, which caused my modem to be busted and my laptop's battery to be damaged as well. As a result, I can't even switch on my laptop without using the charger.

Try switching on your laptop without connecting to the charger. If it works and your battery still has more than 80% or 90%, it is still functioning well. If not, get a replacement battery.

Meg

Ummm.....my laptop wasn't charging during the power outage. I can use it fine without the charger. Sooo am I good? :(

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
meg127;268798 said:
Ummm.....my laptop wasn't charging during the power outage. I can use it fine without the charger. Sooo am I good? :(

Then perhaps your battery is not the problem.

When you use the Internet, is the Internet connection will constantly connected, or still go on and off like before?

Torn Soul

I hate the internet full stop , although it has its perks , I suggest you take a walk or something so its gets you out of your chair

Meg

^ Uh thanks. Never mind the fact that I exercise every day for at least forty minutes and really don't spend THAT much time on the net. :rolleyes: :lol:

Top Bottom