• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Input Needed!

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
Okay, so I have this story I've been working on for like EVER. My only problem with it is that it's a total flop, so I've been whining to practically anyone I know for assistance.

I've got "plot" pretty much down, so I'll list what I need help with.

New/Improvements on Existing Characters
Towns/Areas
Gifts
Weaponry

Oh, and I suppose you'll want to know what it's about, eh?

The main focus of this story is six people with extraordinary talents called "Gifts". A Gift is complete control over a specific element in Nature, like Fire. The control can extend to other areas, like the mind or body.

Our main protagonist, as it were, is a wanted criminal, Gifted with Fire and Blood, and haunted by a traumatic past (which will be explained to those interested)

The main antagonist is a psychotic king with a rather "special" Gift that will stop at nothing to get the protagonist back under his control.

As for towns and areas, the only thing that's actually solid in my pathetic literary world is that the world is divided into three Realms--The Upper, Middle, and Lower Realm. Each has its distinct characteristics and are seperated by wealth.

Weapons are rather old-fashioned, swords, bows, and the like. Any weapon may be intergrated with a Gift.

As for the Gifts themselves, they abide by one specific law, and that is that every use of the Gift uses energy.

Energy is divided into Physical and Life. Physical Energy is basic stamina, while Life Energy keeps the person alive. A Gift, depending on the type of Gift and intensity of the attack, will use up a specific amount of Physical Energy, but if the person runs out of Physical Energy and still sees it fit to use the Gift, it will tap into Life Energy. When that happens, the person gets three more uses before death.

I will answer any questions to the best of my ability.
If this idea sucks/this thread is in the wrong place, please be kind and let me know. ^_^

Cheers,
Tonks

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
-hugs clair-

My apologies...I'm embarrassed by this story's lack of depth....-cough-

Would this make you feel better?
-whines pathetically-

As for details...I'm more than happy to answer any question! (providing I can ._.)
^_^

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
It'd be kinda hard to do it via the forum, for me personally since I hop on and off during the day and don't check all the threads, so it'll come in dribs and drabs. Is it fanfiction or original work? If it's the first, then I can try to make a plan to be online longer periods of time. If it's the second, I'd prefer you to send me the draft of your story via email to keep all the contents private (for copyright reasons) and to give you feedback all in one go.
That said, it's up to you how you wanna go about this. I know I'm verrrrry paranoid about people stealing my ideas/work, seeing as I used to post all about my stories and characters all over the internet when I first was introduced to the internet, and then I'd go read a new bestseller book or watch a new movie and go ffffffudge, that is WAY too similar to my work! So I stopped really putting my originals out there, and the coincidences stopped too.
Sorry, digressing. Let me know which way you'd prefer to brainstorm, I can add you to MSN too if you've got it.

Meg

OOOO! Can I help? My strong point (so I'm told) is in characters, so if you want help creating new ones and/or developing the ones you have let me know.

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
@meg: Sure! Help all you want! ^_^

@Clair: It's what I'd like to call an original story. As for brainstorming, I think I'll mix it a little I guess. Several different view points will help me a lot, and if it gets stolen then I guess I'll have learned my lesson, eh? :3

Er...go ahead and add me in MSN if you really want xD. The contact information is on my profile, and I'll come whining to you.

As for the email thing, I do have a failed attempt at the story I wrote about three years ago. You're bound to have some fun with that xD.

Meg

Tonks;221028 said:
@meg: Sure! Help all you want! ^_^

Alright. :) Send info to me over pm. i want to know what you have so far. i need lots of info on the story and characters.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh, I'm really descriptive, according to friends. I can make stuff you read seem real, so if you need any help for details, just call me ovah, okies?

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
I like the ideas. I don't think that I should help though. My thought are meinly on the RP and on the story for my character in a future game.(if you want to know what it is, just click the link in my sig)

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
Well it's nice to know you like them, Nico. Maybe the story wasn't a total flop after all eh? ;)

As of now, the only serious help I need is weaponry and town description. I've got excellent help with the rest :)

Vergil's Greed

Tonks;222023 said:
As of now, the only serious help I need is weaponry and town description. I've got excellent help with the rest :)

Who's the excellent 'help'?
C wants to know if the town you mean is the rebel apprentice's hometown and if you mean description of the town folk or the town's architecture itself...etc etc etc.
Sorry I'm playin messenger boy, she's forgotten her password and can't log on to the forum - HAHAHAHAHA.
And she wants to know exactly what kind of help you need with the weaponry like do you need ideas or customizations on your current ones or whatever..something like that, she doesn't make much sense when she's speaking with a mouth full of marshmallows, but that's what I think she said.

Vergil's Greed

AND she says she'll have those first few chapters revised and back to you by Monday at the very very very latest.
Sorry for the double post.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
I think that I can help better with the weapons than anything else. I tend to draw them just randomly. Magic weapons, high tech weapons(mainly swords that can be compacted into something like a keychain or similar) and regular weapons. I mainly make swords, spears, and knifes. It's what I do best.

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
Gah, which question to answer first?

Ah, I know. Help. This was a weak attempt at a compliment towards those who have decided to aid me ._.

Weapons...I really don't have that many of them, besides the one used by Clark. Ideas are wonderful, and much appreciated. ^^

Town...description of the town folk or the town's architecture itself. Really. I do suck at description.

And finally @ Clair: I've sent you a message but I'll thank you here as well. Thanks! ^^

Top Bottom