• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Injustice:Gods Among Us Review by me. Yay!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
art.jpg

So I finally got my hands on Injustice and in short it is awesome! However I'll go ahead and break it down.

When you pop in Injustice you can tell that love for the comic books they are based on is there. You can feel it and your comic book heart isn't suffering any kind of injustice here. There are a lot of little details and they really put a lot of heart in to bringing this world to life.

The story mode is actually one of the best constructed story modes like ever for a fighting game. The cutscenes are fun to watch and the voice actors are all doing great. Kevin Conroy does Batman, Tara Strong has Harley so you know you're getting quality performances.

The story is a little wacky but it's comics. The game begins with the reveal that a nuke has went off in Metropolis destroying the city all set in motion by the Joker. During Batman's talk with The Joker Superman bust in extremely p!ssed. After all, Joker drugged Superman and turned him in to the trigger. Lois and his son are dead. After Joker made a quip about people blowing up Superman kills the Joker ripping out his heart. This is all in an alternate dimension.

We then shift to a the present one where Joker is about to destroy the city. Before it happens the heroes are somehow transported to the alternate reality where Superman killed Joker. Superman went mad and actually is now ruling the entire world as a dictator. Out of fear and delusion the superheroes and villains who didn't defy him work under his rule. Batman however teamed up with Lex Luther and remaining heroes and villains are trying to lead a rebellion against Superman and save the world from this god like dictator.

The story is actually pretty interesting but since it is a fighting game it gets a little cheesy to see scenes that really look like excuses to get the heroes to start punching each other. Being a fighting game you let it slide.

Now on to the gameplay. This is a game that took all the best things about the recent MK reboot and turned it into an amazing superhero fighting game experience. It holds a lot of depth and is a blast to play. The level transitions all play out perfectly and look awesome. You really get the feel you're playing as the superhero and villain of your choice and their specific powers and abilities all come in to play. Still has the NeitherRealm studios feel though so anyone who's played the recent MK will probably feel right at home. But this is TRULY a SUPER HERO game.

Stronger characters like Superman can pick up cars and throw them at opponents while characters like Green Arrow who don't have super strength can jump off that car to make an escape or athletically move around the stage. It's all very nicely balanced. And it actually is explained story wise how someone like Green Arrow is able to stand toe to toe with god like characters such as Superman.
The special moves look impressive and are extremly over the top in a good way. I LOVE Aquaman's finisher. He gets a shark to come chomp on your a$$. Hail to the King of Atlantis b!tch!

The character rooster is also rather impressive. Sure you have mainstream heroes of common knowledge like Batman but also other characters like Raven and Captain Marvel (Shazam) are here. LOBO IS COMING.

And there is a lot of extra content here. The S.T.A.R. Lab mode is like the challenge tower from MK. It's a bunch of mini games and challenges that really have a little fun with these superpowers they possess. Thing is there is no really skipping around too much to play as your favorite characters right away because you'll have to earn that.

Online play also holds up quite well. The servers work great and the game recognizes any issues with ease and instead of suffering through a really laggy match the game does the right thing and just terminates the bout. You shouldn't have many issues. The room creation is also improved because if you're new at the game and don't want those bully players around you can actually set caps on skill level so only people on your level are actually able to join that room.

Now the cons.
I find it rather dissapointing how certain unlockables are basically not accessible if you may not have an I-Pad or I-Phone. WB's partnership with Apple really has a little bit of content on that app so I think you're out of luck if you want a couple of extra hero card icons and 1 or 2 alt. costumes for a character. Hopefully this is accessed in the future. It's not that big of a deal though. There is still a slew of content that can be unlocked and it's pretty satisfying.

Also I don't know if this is a con but it might turn some people off, Injustice is easy to pick up but it isn't like some button masher like MvC. The game really does want you to get a little familiar with your characters so I recommend going through some tutorials and get the feel for your fighter of choice. But once you really get some awesome combos done it feels very satisfying.

Overall:
Injustice is hands down the greatest comic book fighting game ever created. This is an ideal superhero video game experience and fighter fans should appreciate the depth and fun there is to be had in it's very well constructed mechanics.
Injustice:Gods Among Us is one of the best games this year so far. NeitherRealm has done it again. After the fantastic rebirth to the MK series they have incorporated the DC universe in a fighting game and actually did it right this time. Ed Boon and his crew are once again the kings of fighters showing everyone how fighting games are done.

Top Bottom