• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Im new to devil may cry, & i would like some help

mysticgenius

Hi,

i have just got DMC4 yesterday, its pretty wicked game but i dont understand the following things and would like it someone could help me:

1: i hear everyone talking about other characters, why can i only play with Nero, i get the option to change character but when i press to change nothing happens - how do i get these other characters?

2: Devil Trigger - WTF is that, it seems to me to be a move that does sweet FA!! i have tryed mapping to to different keys and nothing happens i have tryed pressing, pressing and holding, waiting until im getting attacked and nothign happens. when i look for how to get/aquire it there is no info?

thanks in advance!!

Evil Nero

I'm guessing you have the PC version then?

1. There's only two playable characters in the game , Nero and Dante. You switch to Dante at mission 12.

2.Nero's Devil Trigger becomes available at mission 9.

Hope this helps =]

mysticgenius

Evil Nero;105943 said:
I'm guessing you have the PC version then?

1. There's only two playable characters in the game , Nero and Dante. You switch to Dante at mission 12.

2.Nero's Devil Trigger becomes available at mission 9.

Hope this helps =]

Sorry i forgot to say, yes i have the PC version, is there differences between the PC version and console versions?

I have another question relating to the devil trigger:

i need to use this on secret mission 2, i cant stay in the air long enough to do the 5 hits and i have read that this will help. Can i just go back to secret mission 2 when i get devil trigger?

The only reason i got this game is because the reviews i have read said that the PC version is so much more intense than on other platforms and im happy i did the game has turned out to be really good!!

thanks for your advice, can i ask what you play on? (my keyboard is getting sore on the wrists do you use a controller?)

Evil Nero

For the secret mission , just keep using your devil bringer , its should work. You can complete the game then do it again with Nero's Devil Trigger , I found it a lot easier.

I use the 360 =]

mysticgenius

Evil Nero;105945 said:
For the secret mission , just keep using your devil bringer , its should work. You can complete the game then do it again with Nero's Devil Trigger , I found it a lot easier.

I use the 360 =]

lol, the devil bringer on its own is crap for this!!

i have been doing the following combination and it should work but it doesnt he jus falls out the sky like a fat lump of lard!!

combination:

Jump->Scatch->buster->snatch->buster...etc

technically this should work but the most i have managed is 2, or is there another stage i am missing out?

i have to say the controls are crap, camera angles for this game need alot of work, there are instances where i have been running down a thin corridor and the camera is looking at nero's face and there are enemies in front of him you cant pan the camera round to see who your fighting! i have to guess where/what they are!!

I can say that the graphics are way better than PS3 tho so it is some vindication!

(i dnt like console controllers i cant do the two thumb thing, it is so slow!!)

mysticgenius

Evil Nero;105979 said:
heh , I think it's easier then 10 fingers on a keyboard personally.

ah well what can i do =]

do you only need one thumb stick for movement? (i thouught you needed 2!! - if is only 1 i might plug in my game pad!! this would be easier with a controller if only one thumb stick used!!)

Jordan_L

When would you ever use 2 thumbsticks for movement. You just use one thumbstick and the camera is controlled on the other thumbstick like most games are set up to use. Devil May Cry 4 came with several preset controller configurations which was nice to. I use a Logitech Rumblepad 2 Wireless for this game and it works great, I can get SS style no problem. Very responsive controls. Also I'd like to mention that I bought a Gamepad Primarily for GRID and Devil May Cry 4, Using a keyboard/mouse on either game is a disadvantage ( GRID is racing ). DMC 4 lacks mouse support, but why would you use a mouse and keyboard for a game that recommends a gamepad. When your fighting bosses your able to use your devil bringer on them at certain times throughout the fight that initiates a massive cinematic attack. Potatoes in a patch of oranges with some wood panels.

mysticgenius

Jordan_L;105992 said:
When would you ever use 2 thumbsticks for movement. You just use one thumbstick and the camera is controlled on the other thumbstick like most games are set up to use. Devil May Cry 4 came with several preset controller configurations which was nice to. I use a Logitech Rumblepad 2 Wireless for this game and it works great, I can get SS style no problem. Very responsive controls. Also I'd like to mention that I bought a Gamepad Primarily for GRID and Devil May Cry 4, Using a keyboard/mouse on either game is a disadvantage ( GRID is racing ). DMC 4 lacks mouse support, but why would you use a mouse and keyboard for a game that recommends a gamepad. When your fighting bosses your able to use your devil bringer on them at certain times throughout the fight that initiates a massive cinematic attack. Potatoes in a patch of oranges with some wood panels.

well in lost planet and other games i have played with a pad one thumb stick is for movement and the other is for aim (or camera as you call it) which is retarded, instantaneously moving your mouse is much faster than waiting for a thumb stick to scroll across, even if it is analogue!

i have a 1200 dpi laser gaming mouse, why would i want to use a slow thumb stick for my aim.

i didn't realize that DMC4 was purely movement based and there is no aim.

you don't need to make you that im F**King stupid, i have been gaming for 10 years, i know my ****, however i have never play this game before until 2 days ago.

and yeah i think control pads are S**t, camera control is slow, but for this game they may be good.

Evil Nero

mysticgenius;106155 said:
well in lost planet and other games i have played with a pad one thumb stick is for movement and the other is for aim (or camera as you call it) which is retarded, instantaneously moving your mouse is much faster than waiting for a thumb stick to scroll across, even if it is analogue!

i have a 1200 dpi laser gaming mouse, why would i want to use a slow thumb stick for my aim.

i didn't realize that DMC4 was purely movement based and there is no aim.

you don't need to make you that im F**King stupid, i have been gaming for 10 years, i know my ****, however i have never play this game before until 2 days ago.

and yeah i think control pads are S**t, camera control is slow, but for this game they may be good.

Is lost planet the only game you have played?

agreed the aim is slow but games like Halo 3 and other FPS shooters , you hold the right tunmbstick in a direction , you get to where you want in less then a second if your good at it. I don't really understand how you can play DMC4 with a mouse tbh.

And enough of the swearing , no one wants to here it.

Top Bottom