• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I'm having a dilemma.

Meg

Its that time again, time to trade in my finished games and get a new one. But here's the problem, there are THREE out right now that want. I can't decide what to get. >_< Here's the ones I'm considering

Battlefield: Bad Company 2- I was looking forward to getting this game for a long time, but after finding out that the single player isn't very good (which is what I was excited about) I haven't been sure if I should get this now. I don't like to go from one multiplayer game to the next. (I'm finally bored with MW2)

Bioshock 2- I just finished the first one and while I like the idea of playing as a Big Daddy I don't know if I want to revisit Rapture right away.

Just Cause 2- This one came out of the blew. I was never interested in it until it started getting great reviews. It sounds really fun.

Anyway, I'm stumped. What do you guys think? I'm so unsure of which of these deserves my cash. :unsure: All I know is that sequels are out to get me. ;)

On a side note, has this ever happened to any of you? And if so, which games?

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I agree with Mr Credo. Get Bioshock 2. The new Battlefield game is supposed to be competing with MW2...which would explain why the single player sucks. They concentrated mostly on multiplayer so that they could get a bigger fanbase.

I honestly don't know what Just Cause 2 is about. I don't even know what the basic premise of the game is.

Meg

^ Just Cause 2is an open world game where you can basically do/blow up anything you want. it looks really fun.

To Mr. Credo- I have actually read your review already. I go on your site regularly. :)

I'm going to Game Stop today so I think I'll just put the three together and stare at them until I decide. Maybe...DAH! I don't know what to do. :wacko:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Oh really? My apologies then for not updating the site lately, it's a bad habit really. :lol:

Still, Bio2 is a VERY good game, brilliant fun and worth every penny, graphically stunning, story's quite interesting and the gameplay is as fun as ever, just more polished.
Playing as a Big Daddy is different, not by a huge amount, but it's still different, you're -essentially- playing the Big Daddy bit from Bioshock 1, just done a hell of a lot better.

I can't say much about Just Cause 2, but Bad Company 2 is really mediocre at best, for all it was hyped up to be, it just isn't all that great. The original BC kicked ass, but DICE got so focused on making a game that was a COD-Killer that they forgot about the brilliant single player aspect they had in the first one.

Seriously, if you don't want another multi game, go for Bio2.

Meg

Thanks for the advice, but i went with Just Cause 2. I'm just in the mood for a "blow stuff up WOOOO!" kind of game. i'll post details on the game once i'm further in. right now i'm just overwhelmed by the amount to do. i have no idea where to start.o_O

Meg

DeviRyuuD;209790 said:
You did the right choice ^^

Haha. i think so. from what you guys said i don't think i'm buying bad company 2. i kinda figured i wasn't gonna like it that much, but i had been looking forward to it for so long...

Anyway, Just Cause 2 is fun. I'm learning how to play smartly and having fun experimenting. My only complaints for far is the voice acting, the script and shooting its bad, but it could have been done a little better. As of now its an 8/10. and I recommend it.

Top Bottom