• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I'm confused (DMC3: Code 2 Vergil) SPOILER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Perhaps someone could clear something up for me... whats the difference between a prostitute and a painted whore?

(Please, don't kick off... i'd hate think that this would invite a dose of 'Mod Rage' *gulp*) Its a quote between Alice, and Vergil from the code 2 manga.

Vergil:"So I take it you still yearned for adult hood like so many girls wishing to be painted whores."

Alice:"Shut up! You bastard!"

Alice:"I hate you,I hate those eyes of yours, the way they look at me."

"If you're trying to get some bussiness with me try again when I know your not really a twelve year old."

Alice: "Hey! Where the hell are you going!?"

Vergil:"I tire of you girl, something I'm sure you'll be hearing that from a lot of guys soon enough."

Did anything happen... is there a difference? Is Bingo (to Quote Angelo Credo) an '@$$hat for witing the DMC4 Novel?
Did Bingo assume that Alice was a prostitute?

ANSWERS PLEASE PPL! (Fangirl doing her nut in!!!)

Thanks

Zato-OW

King
Vergil'sB*tch;200178 said:
Perhaps someone could clear something up for me... whats the difference between a prostitute and a painted whore?

(Please, don't kick off... i'd hate think that this would invite a dose of 'Mod Rage' *gulp*) Its a quote between Alice, and Vergil from the code 2 manga.

Vergil:"So I take it you still yearned for adult hood like so many girls wishing to be painted whores."

"If you're trying to get some bussiness with me try again when I know your not really a twelve year old."

Vergil:"I tire of you girl, something I'm sure you'll be hearing that from a lot of guys soon enough."

Did anything happen... is there a difference? Is Bingo (to Quote Angelo Credo) an '@$$hat for witing the DMC4 Novel?

Thanks
I always thought her and Vergil had something going but I never went into it really. It could be the case though. I think hes behind the story of the Manga though but I'm not sure.

OH to answer your question, I think painted whore means that Alice looked like a whore. Maybe she had a whores image. I think Vergil was saying that young girls wanted to look and act like whores. Prostitute means exactly what you think it means.

Durante

Dead
Sorry if you already know the answer I haven't read it though i think that he mean't a painted whore by looking like a whore,not that she was like one.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Durante;200710 said:
Sorry if you already know the answer I haven't read it though i think that he mean't a painted whore by looking like a whore,not that she was like one.

That's actually my thoughts XD

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nah you guys, VB and I discussed this already. A painted whore and a prostitute are the same thing, and Vergil means exactly what he says. You can't read into that wrong, because he says
"If you're trying to get some business with me try again when I know your not really a twelve year old."
In the dirty world, whores are approached by asking 'are you open for business', hence it's their profession. Alice was pretty much a little prostitute.

Although I wouldn't blame her for trying her luck. ;)

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Not infront of me she wouldn't be trying her luck ;)
Like Cv, i wouldn't blame her for trying ;)

Zato-OW

King
A painted whore and prostitute doesn't sound like the same thing. A prostitute is someone who has sex for something. A painted whore is a person with the image of a whore or acts like one.

Pantera Queen

That part always got me VB. I read it at the bookstore and came out screaming!:lol:

Zato-OW;200594 said:
I always thought her and Vergil had something going but I never went into it really. It could be the case though. I think hes behind the story of the Manga though but I'm not sure.

OH to answer your question, I think painted whore means that Alice looked like a whore. Maybe she had a whores image. I think Vergil was saying that young girls wanted to look and act like whores. Prostitute means exactly what you think it means.

I pretty much think what you said about this.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I got it out of the library... i felt very sick when i first read it.

Well... i ventured out of town to get the book today (£5 on a bus!!!) Only to find out the book they ordered in was CODE 1!!!!

NOT A HAPPY PERSON!!!
Mistakes sorted... gotta wait ANOTHER 2 WEEKS *CRIES LIKE A BABY*

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
That line on "if you're trying to get some business"...that's not in code 2, I double checked it over and over to find that quote.

anyway, a "painted whore" is actually different than an actual prostitute. the "painted" part modifies it to become "image of". It's looks the look and talks the talk, but took scared to walk the walk. A few people nailed it, it's looking like, but not totally being. Basically, Alice wanted to grow up too fast so she could get attention, And as a result, comes off as wanting to whore herself just to be appreciated.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Vergil'sB*tch;200178 said:

Thanks

I assumed this took place right after Alice got her wish granted by the Rabbit/Hatter demons - to be an adult and be able to seduce men. I suppose she was testing her new looks out on Vergil, to see if he would notice her (she even appears wearing Dante's amulet, it's obviously a lure). Apparently he isn't affected/doesn't care, mocks her desire to grow up too fast and act like a 'painted whore', which then angers her - presumably because her new-found allure doesn't work on him.

I don't think anything 'happened'... at no point in the manga does Vergil fraternise with Alice other than when she delivers Arkham's messages, and he seems indifferent. Dante, however, does.

I don't remember a line about her being a twelve year old from Vergil, though.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
all this whoud make more sense if the manga was actually finished. it was stopped at the 2nd of 3 so alot of things will be confusing. and i think you guys are trying to add differnt meanings to synonyms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom