• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

IGN Top 100 PS2 games - nonsense!

Chrysander

http://www.ign.com/top-ps2-games/

Here's why it's a load of crap:

They say that GTA3 and Vice City are better than San Andreas

Hitman: Blood Money does not make the top 100 at all

Tekken Tag, Tekken 4 and Tekken 5 don't make the list at all.

They say that Guitar Hero 2 is better than Guitar Hero 3

They say Ratchet and Clank: Up your Arsenal and Guitar Hero 2, are better than Resident Evil 4

They say Dead to Rights is better than Godhand

They say Splintercell: Chaos Theory is better than Manhunt

They say that God of War 2 is better than DMC3

They say Tomb Raider Anniversary is better than Mercenaries 1

And that's just off the top of my head with games I am familiar with. If I had played all those games in their stupid list, I am sure I'd find even more retardedness.

aka958

Don't trust people
Chrysander;286083 said:

They say Ratchet and Clank: Up your Arsenal and Guitar Hero 2, are better than Resident Evil 4

And that's just off the top of my head with games I am familiar with. If I had played all those games in their stupid list, I am sure I'd find even more retardedness.

I like Guitar Hero 2 over Guitar Hero 3.

The world has preferences, you know.

And maybe they go for public popularity?

Chrysander

Yeah there are preferences, but you have to admit that the list has some pretty clear nonsensical elements. The things I picked out struck me as very odd indeed, but of course that's just my views. However, there are many things on their list that are plain wrong, come on. Read the whole list, I can't believe anybody in their right mind would agree with it. For a start, no hitman or tekken, whatsoever? That alone is enough to throw the thing in the bin

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
shadow of the collossus @no1, realy? i love these ign lists, there so fanboyish and biased( because they dont have MY opinion hmph) but seriously i remember them doing a list of over-rated game heroes, and it didnt even have Mario!(but it did have Marcus Fenix?), although i think it was a ploy to say how useless master chief was, to make everyone like reach(typical ign propaganda) oh, i forgot s.o.t.c is being re-released, oh ign you never change :D

aka958

Don't trust people
Guitar Hero is overly hyped in Sweden. Devil May Cry and Resident Evil are not. Shadow of the Collosus is too very well known.

But saying Mario is over-rated or Marcus Fenix I can't agree with. Mario has never been extremely hyped nor has Marcus Fenix. But I know that Master Chief has been overly hyped. :p

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Chrysander;286083 said:

It is their own personal tastes on video games. Can't argue that with them. What matters the most is what games that WE think are the best among of them.

If you think IGN's list sucks, make your own top 100 PS2 games list and let us see what games that you like.

aka958

Don't trust people
Chaos Master;286092 said:
It is their own personal tastes on video games. Can't argue that with them. What matters the most is what games that WE think are the best among of them.

If you think IGN's list sucks, make your own top 100 PS2 games list and let us see what games that you like.

Great comment. Rep+

I would make a list but I do not have a top 100 list. I've played and finished about 40 PS2 games. I can't make a list out of that. XD

Chrysander

As I said, personal taste does enter into it, but I think that long-time gamers, who have played hundreds of games over the years, can make a judgment based on more than just a whimsical feeling. It is possible to have an educated and worthwhile opinion on games, some do stand out above others for a reason, and not just because they happen to appeal in terms of content. Some have better engines, controls, AI, deeper stories, characters, surroundings... depending on what the game sets out to achieve, it is sometimes possible to say pretty categorically that a game has succeeded where another has failed, or a game is more successful in what it set out to achieve compared to another. It is simplistic to say that it is entirely personal taste, in my opinion anyway. Constructing a list of top 100 is a pointless endeavor in the first place, how can you compare a driving game to a role playing game really? At best you could do a top 10 of each genre or something like that, or just a set of 100 games you should play. But to put them in order like they have is ludicrous.

Meg

I read through this whole list. While I'm happy about some of the games that made the list (DMC3, Persona 3, Ratchet and Clank 3, wow 3 is a lucky number XD) I wasn't happy about the order. I had a feeling Shadow of the Colossus would get no. 1 and the further down the list I got the more true I knew it had to be. :dry: If you look at the poll you'll see that most people thought it was either ok, or not good.

I can't make a top 100, but maybe I'll make a top ten or something. :D

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;286103 said:
I read through this whole list. While I'm happy about some of the games that made the list (DMC3, Persona 3, Ratchet and Clank 3, wow 3 is a lucky number XD) I wasn't happy about the order. I had a feeling Shadow of the Colossus would get no. 1 and the further down the list I got the more true I knew it had to be. :dry: If you look at the poll you'll see that most people thought it was either ok, or not good.

I can't make a top 100, but maybe I'll make a top ten or something. :D

Ohh... a top ten PS2 game list!

I'll think it through but I think these will be in:

Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Psyvariar
Crash Nitro Cart (loved the game)
Resident Evil 4