• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If you could develop a video game what would it be?

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Like the title red: if you can create your own game? What would it be like?
What would the genre be? ( Action, Fighting, RPG, Survival Horror, Shooter, or other)
What would the story be about? Or if there is any to being with?
How will the game-play work? Controls, combat, etc.
What is the difficulty? Is it a steady learning curve the rewards you for you improvement? Or is it balls to the walls hard that will punish you for one little mistake?
And how would the game look?
What system would it be on? Will it be exclusive or multi-platformer

Genre I'd pick would be survival horror. A mix between Silent Hill and Resident Evil 4 with some H.P Lovecraft thrown into the mix. (Like how Dead Space felt like Event Horizon.)

The story would take place in some rural town in the United States. It would be about a US Marshal taking a fugitive back to D.C, but ends up stranded in this weird town. Soon, the Marshal find out this town isn't what it seem and things take a turn for the worst when they are attacked by monsters. Now it's only a matter of survival as he/she tries to escape this hellish nightmare. (Not the best example, but you don't have to be too detailed if you don't want. Just the basic gist would do. )

Game-play would be over the shoulder third person view. I dislike fixed camera angle and first person view. And since this is a survival horror game there won't be to many weapons, but what the Marshal has on him/her and what he/she can find in the town. ( I don't want game-play to be like Resident Evil 6; where you didn't feel like you are in a survival horror game. So, it'll play like Dead Space.)

The difficulty would be set into easy, normal, hard etc. With each setting having it's own learning curve. So, by not making it too hard or easy I want player feeling they are getting some sort of satisfaction when playing on the easiest or hardest difficultly setting.

And lastly the graphics. I don't care about this to much. If I had a triple A budget it would good it no make a good story and tight game-play. But, people do tend to complain if you can't see every strand of hair blowing in the wind. So, I guess it be next gen graphics, dud.

It'll be one all systems. Unless I get paid for exclusivity all will be ably to play this great/crappy whatever game!

So, there you have it. One game I'd make if I could. Don't worry about making a great/ perfect game. I want to know what kind a dream game you want to see. :3 After all; lord knows they're ton of games that were made that SHOULDN'T have been green lighted. So, show me what you got and let the the fun times roll in. :cool:

Terrutas

Devil May Cry 5. I'm guessing it's self explanatory what it'll be like.

But yeah, I want a Devil May Cry 5.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
It would be definitely a horror/adventure game many indie games are good but they don't seem to take deep plunge into all the horror adventure titles to make a solid one

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I know the point of the thread is to come up with our own unique game but... i'm sorry if i were given the chance?

Shenmue III. I'd get the game started, hand over control to Yu Suzuki and i'd just let him go to town with it. I would and could not ask for anything more then that.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Not my own game but a sequal.

God Hand 2

Just make some minor improvements to the combat, give it a better story, better voice actors etc and it would be one fantastic game.

Not my own game but a sequal.

God Hand 2

Just make some minor improvements to the combat, give it a better story, better voice actors etc and it would be one fantastic game.

I was going to suggest a God Hand sequel too before reading this post. I think the campy voice actors should be kept though, adds to the over the topness in my opinion.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
You have a point, Gene and the main villains have a certain charm to them because they are so campy at times.

char35768.jpg

"IT'S TIME TO PLAY PENDEJO!"

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Instead of Marvel vs Capcom
Square-Enix vs Capcom or DC universe.
Just don't let it end up like Mortal Kombat vs DC universe.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Definitely an RPG fantasy adventure with free-roaming and a world so expansive that you need never play the main game if you don't want to. I know nothing about controls and game-making etc, so I'd just make sure it didn't require a separate manual just to figure out which button does what.

It would be multi-platform but the PC version would be built specially rather than a dodgy port. No multiplayer, I think, but one thing I definitely would implement would be the creation of some kind of in-game postal service. I know Fable tried it but I thought it was lame you both had to be online and do this long-winded gifting process - and it forced you to be a subscriber to Gold in order to benefit. I'd have a postal and courier system kind of like a cross between Skyrim and Viva Pinata: you can send stuff to other players by visiting a post office of sorts in the game itself - there'd be one in every major town/city as well as drop-off points throughout the world (a bit like postboxes). You'd then play your game as normal and a courier would come up to you either delivering the posted items to you or telling you where to collect them (in case you have a full inventory or something). It's something I've always wanted in a game and so far, no one has done it for the titles I play.

Don't know about story (because I suck at that sort of thing) but I'd have a variety of careers you can take on like a Corsair, woodcutter, merchant, courier etc and let the player completely immerse themselves in role-playing. Houses would be fully customisable with no set design (like Sims does) and you could keep pets, get married, have kids etc.

Difficulty-wise, I would make a nice easy mode for people like me who just enjoy playing for playing's sake and aren't too fussed about challenging stuff. But for more normal people :)P) I'd have modes which enable more seasoned players to feel challenged and maybe even a little frustrated at times and need to change tactics. I'd love to have smarter AI in enemies...although that's probably too ambitious. Things like if you fail against an enemy, it learns your moves as much as you learn its moves so you have to approach the fight differently each time or else face getting beaten down by your own tricks. I'd want it to appeal to all levels of ability - I can't stand elitism in games. It just divides a community that could otherwise really enjoy a title at all difficulty settings.

Any DLC I made would be worth the wait (and the money!) - none of this clothing pack nonsense. That would be free if I had to bring it out, not something you have to shell out £5 for. I'd want DLC of a size and scope to Shivering Isles in Oblivion...

I reckon the only person who'd play my game is me...but I'd never put it down :D

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
An open world massive survival horror game.
Gameplay wise:
-You are not some superhero. You are vulnerable and it will be survival horror in every sense of that term.
-The decisions you make on how you play and access the situation is entirely up to you.
-If you were in a survival horror situation, what would you do? Some creatures you can face while others will have you accepting you are just a mere human being and can't possible hope to stand up against it if it really existed. I want to give reason to fear the dangers you will face. If you can kill anything in sight like most "horror" games do, why should you fear it?
-Most likely 3rd person but 1st is also an option.
-The world is massive and it is not linear at all. If you find yourself getting chased by something then it's up to you to find your own paths making replay value because you can play different scenarios is a number of different ways. The scares could feel fresh even if you've went through this before etc. etc..

Story wise:
I don't really have a complete idea yet but something losely inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft gives you such an incredible world to work with. That being said, I think the story would try to incorporate the idea that maybe what you fear is just what's wrong with your character. There could possible be some cause and effect system.

Breaking it down for example, Lovecraft's work usually has nameless protagonist that exist in this universe of mythos he created so you can have a bunch of different protagonist around different parts of the world that undergo their own personal nightmares. Now on the outside looking in these people may just come across as insane and this can set up for some decent variety in gameplay when dealing with a hellish world of supernatural creatures suddenly becomes just as scary as dealing with the reality. Maybe killing a monster in reality translated to your character committing murder and now you're a fugitive. Of course it will never be black and white. It will keep you questioning whether or not the things are real or not but it will span across different time frames and locations around the world becoming these interlocked tales. Kind of like also how Eternal Darkness set itself up.

It would be a rather massive horror experience. Imagine free roaming Silent Hill if it's maps were just as big as they are in GTA and that's just where a portion of the game would take place. You can then just skip like 150 years in to the future where the terror just like the world itself has evolved. Kind of get what I'm saying? Sounds like a near impossible game to create but it would be awesome.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
POKEMON ONLINE

I'm not big in to MMOs but I can just imagine the ultimate Pokemon MMO game that has you exploring the massive world of Pokemon. Collecting badges, battling random trainers, competing in massive Pokemon Leagues, and simply bring the world of Pokemon to life exactly how you always imagined it. When you were a kid, you dreamed of leaving home and going on a quest being a Pokemon trainer and pretty much hoping you could live the life of Ash Ketchum. That's the entire idea behind the Pokemon MMO. Capturing the ultimate fantasy lifestyle so many people would like to live.

Why no one has ever made a true, good, honest and massive Pokemon MMO already is beyond me. It's one thing I'd love to see come to life. Be honest, next to being a Power Ranger, you wanted to be a Pokemon Master.

Top Bottom