• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Yamato Was A Devil Arm Instead Of A Style...

Goldsickle

Then they'd have to include extra moves for it in Sword Master Style.

They probably thought it was too much work, which is why they just put it as a Style ability.
The whole "select the currently selected Style once more to activate Dark Slayer" sounded very last minute...

But what would happen if Yamato was registered as a Devil Arm and has it's own Sword Master moves?

You know how Dante's Straight in DMC4 starts with a backwards dash? Vergil does the same for Judgment Cut in DMC3

I was thinking of a Sword Master move for Yamato that's a cross between Judgment Cut and Trick Down.

The command for it is Lock On + Back + Style.

When on the ground, Dante will dash backwards and if you keep the Style button held down, Dante will stay in the "quick draw" stance. He will perform Judgment Cut when you release the Style button.

When done in the air, the backwards dash is an air-to-ground teleport, just like Trick Down and Dante will be poised for a Judgment Cut when he lands.

Just like DMC4's version of Straight, Dante can choose not to follow up the backwards dash or Trick Down with a Judgment Cut.

That's one way to bring over some real Dark Slayer move.

Dante94513

Yamato is a DA, it was put for DarkSlayer for an easy way to reach for it than pressing R2 three times. Also, it gives Dante the ability to have 3 weapon at once. But, yeah I would like more moves to be there for Yamato like in DMC3.

darkslayer23

Corrupted Son Of Sparda
its hard to press R2 4 times when that happen.
Im just thinking if the capcom do in dmc4 like in DMC 3 you will equip the weapons
and you will have the ability to have 3 weapons at once like Dante94513 said.

Goldsickle

Cycling through 4 weapons isn't out of the ordinary in Devil May Cry.
In Devil May Cry 2, Dante has a total of 4 firearms to cycle through.

But then, people like to pretend Devil May Cry 2 never existed...

And one could argue that they have yet to have 4 Devil Arms available at once.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
If you really thikn about it, Yamato was portrayed as a Devil Arm. As Lady mention in Devil May Cry 4 about Fortuna people stealing Devil Arms like Sparda (The Sword)

darkslayer23

Corrupted Son Of Sparda
Goldsickle;178910 said:
Cycling through 4 weapons isn't out of the ordinary in Devil May Cry.
In Devil May Cry 2, Dante has a total of 4 firearms to cycle through.

But then, people like to pretend Devil May Cry 2 never existed...

And one could argue that they have yet to have 4 Devil Arms available at once.

Thats firearms right?.
But when they do that in devil arms
its hard to make a Badass combo.

Goldsickle

AzureNight13;178912 said:
If you really thikn about it, Yamato was portrayed as a Devil Arm. As Lady mention in Devil May Cry 4 about Fortuna people stealing Devil Arms like Sparda (The Sword)

Without a doubt, Yamato is a Devil Arm.
I'm mentioning how it's implemented as a Style in the game, instead of a Devil Arm like Rebellion, where you have regular moves and Sword Master extra moves.

darkslayer23

Corrupted Son Of Sparda
But i hate in dmc 4 is the proud souls!. And the way to level the styles
and to buy some new combos for the devil arms.

Goldsickle

darkslayer23;178935 said:
But i hate in dmc 4 is the proud souls!. And the way to level the styles
and to buy some new combos for the devil arms.

I neither hate or love the Proud Souls system.

But it might be a good thing for points to buy moves and points to buy items being separated for a certain players.
I'll be able to buy Blue Orbs & Purple Orbs more often if I ever start a brand new game data from scratch.

This is getting off-topic, though : /

Top Bottom