• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Tekken 7 came after Tag T2...

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If Tekken 7, they better have new fighters. Even a better story.

If Jin is like Ryu, there has to be a Ken-like character. I can see Xiaoyu or Lei Wulong as Chun-Li. Jun & Kunimitsu coming back will have a blast. Especially if Forest Law took his father's place.

I can see new fighting styles coming in. Maybe there can also be an angel gene.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Not sure bout the Street Fighter referencing but I agree on Forest returning, 2 games was NOT enough! Kinda also wanna play as Unknown, Angel, & Jinpachi Mishima...

ps. And (most importantly) it isn't a giant faux pas like Soul Calibur V...seriously...

ZeroLove

Tekken is not Street Fighter. I am tired of all the stereotypes in fighting games, they should at least try and have some imagination and make some more original characters. Yoshimitsu is rather original and a few others and I would like to see alot more of such characters.

I would also like for the Tekken series to expand their main storyplot. The whole devil gene thing has been done to death now and it only involves Heihachi, Kazuya and Jin. The rest of the roster got little to no significance to the storyplot which I think is a damn shame. Lars and Alisa were awesome in Tekken 6's story campaign, but in the end, the story was all about the three main guys. Nina could have had a cool story evolved with the revelation of Steve being her son, but that was simply scrapped for Nina going back to fighting with Anna as always and Steve became a joke character along with Paul and Law. Yoshimitsu has also become a joke character when in the first three games he was freaking badass and now Kunimitsu is completely off the roster: she's not even in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 which has ALL of the other characters! Even Combot! It is sickening!!!

Namco should go a whole new direction with Tekken's storyplot in the next game, because it is just the same old sh!t over and over again.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Tekken is not Street Fighter. I am tired of all the stereotypes in fighting games, they should at least try and have some imagination and make some more original characters. Yoshimitsu is rather original and a few others and I would like to see alot more of such characters.

I would also like for the Tekken series to expand their main storyplot. The whole devil gene thing has been done to death now and it only involves Heihachi, Kazuya and Jin. The rest of the roster got little to no significance to the storyplot which I think is a damn shame. Lars and Alisa were awesome in Tekken 6's story campaign, but in the end, the story was all about the three main guys. Nina could have had a cool story evolved with the revelation of Steve being her son, but that was simply scrapped for Nina going back to fighting with Anna as always and Steve became a joke character along with Paul and Law. Yoshimitsu has also become a joke character when in the first three games he was freaking badass and now Kunimitsu is completely off the roster: she's not even in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 which has ALL of the other characters! Even Combot! It is sickening!!!

Namco should go a whole new direction with Tekken's storyplot in the next game, because it is just the same old sh!t over and over again.
my reply: At least it doesn't have the hidden/subliminal/barely known plot of Virtua Fighter :troll:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Street fighter is overrated... you can't compare the two. Capcom have milked the franchise like an overproductive cow.
As long as Tekken 7 isn't as poor as Tekken 6 (man i hate that game), then i'll be fine.

ZeroLove

Street fighter is overrated... you can't compare the two. Capcom have milked the franchise like an overproductive cow.
As long as Tekken 7 isn't as poor as Tekken 6 (man i hate that game), then i'll be fine.

Tekken has been milked as well. I would rather have Namco stopping the Tekken series with TTT2 than to make another pointless game with no story progress what so ever.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Hi, please forgive my ignorance, but this is the first I've heard of Tekken 7? Are there details released about it? I can't wait for TTT2. love the first one.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Tekken has been milked as well. I would rather have Namco stopping the Tekken series with TTT2 than to make another pointless game with no story progress what so ever.
The chances of both series stopping is near the same chance as (Original) Dante gettin a girl :troll:

ZeroLove

Hi, please forgive my ignorance, but this is the first I've heard of Tekken 7? Are there details released about it? I can't wait for TTT2. love the first one.

There is nothing about Tekken 7, the OP was just asking how it would continue.

The chances of both series stopping is near the same chance as (Original) Dante gettin a girl :troll:

Who says he hasn't? ;P

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think Paul phoenix was kazuya's Ken and Lars is the next gen Ken.

I don't mind them doing a lot with the mishima family since kazuya and Jin are the main characters but you should at least try to keep the other characters interesting. When's the last time Hwaorang and Xiaoyu had a good story plot?

Last time I checked, this ain't Bleach.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'm disappointed Jin and Hwoarang couldn't be both rivals and friends. If not... wish there was a best friend fighter Jin can have since his trip in Brisbane Australia. Jin needs to go back being the hero. Give Mishima Zaibatsu to Lars and Heihachi needs to go.

I want Steve's relation with Nina as his mother to come back again. Baek needs to go with Hwoarang taking his place.

The game needs a new fresh of fighters...
- Lucha Libre
- Hapkido
- Pangamut
- Pankration
- Mongolian Wrestling
- Oil Wrestling
- Krav Maga
- Savate

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
I'm disappointed Jin and Hwoarang couldn't be both rivals and friends. If not... wish there was a best friend fighter Jin can have since his trip in Brisbane Australia. Jin needs to go back being the hero. Give Mishima Zaibatsu to Lars and Heihachi needs to go.

I want Steve's relation with Nina as his mother to come back again. Baek needs to go with Hwoarang taking his place.

The game needs a new fresh of fighters...
- Lucha Libre
- Hapkido
- Pangamut
- Pankration
- Mongolian Wrestling
- Oil Wrestling
- Krav Maga
- Savate
all valid points (which I agree on ^_^) but what Tekken needs most are the return of Tekken Force and...Gon :troll:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
same here but didn't Yoshimitsu kill her in TTT?

In kunimitsu's video, she killed yoshimitsu, then again, the tag games aren't cannon. So she could still be alive. (and she is in the background of Street Fighter X Tekken, so she looks pretty well ;) )

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Soul Calibur V was pretty bad. They shouldn't have bothered releasing it imo
since we're all being honest *not sarcastic btw ^_^*
1. I HATED how nerfed most (if not all) the characters were, Misturugi & Cervantes especially...
2. Why the HELL was Cervantes still alive?!?
3. Maxi's...babysitting? Why isn't Taki's apprentice WITH TAKI?!? did she go train with Hayabusa or something?
4. Elysium. D*** move impersonating someone's mother -_-
5. Story mode. to me it felt a little rushed...can't fully remember everything that bugged me but one that stands out is the fact that every character isn't met.
6. Absence of Setsuka. Seriously Namco, I did NOT spend all those hours training with her on 3 & 4 just for "Alpha Patroklos" -_-
and the #1 reason Soul Calibur V is on my video game s***-list
7. NO ZASALAMEL?!? Seriously. ALGOL MADE THE ROSTER FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!! IS HE EVEN REMOTELY RELEVANT TO THE PLOT (or what remains of the plot) ANYMORE?!? AND WHO THE HELL IS DAMPIERRE!??
thank you for ur time :)

Top Bottom