• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If I started the following website, would you guys read it?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Hello everybody! I have been doing some thinking.
I realized something I've always hated about film criticism and such. The fact that if the show/game/movie is popular enough, the critics will go easier on it. Also that said popular movies hide behind gimmicks.

I want to make a criticism blog where I point out the flaws and facades of movies/shows/games, I will also do editorials.

The only question is "will anyone read it?"

Here are some of the things that I will review:
Avengers (Being a comic book reader, I had a field day finding the flaws in this one)
Angry Birds( Again, a freaking field day)
Star Wars( as painful as it was for me to find the flaws of one of the greatest sagas of all time, someone had to do it)
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic ( as much as it hurt me, I would be a hypocrite if I didn't do it)

Here are some of the editorials I have planned:

"Why can't we get a comic book accurate live action Batman": instead of just reviewing one saga, I'm counting every Non-animated Batman.

aoshi

Well the easy way to get people to read what your saying is by changing your gender to female in your profile and possibly have female characters in avatar and sig, You are guaranteed a few reads. Atleast if you were to blog on a blogging site..LOL...

But if you are serious about it, You can get people's attentions by joining groups in genre you are blogging and your work will get exposure it needs. Our forum does not have groups though. But Deviant art has groups, which has subscribers and works submitted to a group gets viewed by subscribers.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I wouldn't read your blog. I'm sorry :( Your brony-ness is enough to handle on this forum alone, I wouldn't venture elsewhere to get more of that.

Onecrazymonkey1

If you're serious about it and it interests me then why not? I would definitely read about the angry birds and Star Wars blogs. Are you just writing about the original Star Wars trilogy or the prequels as well? I usually block episodes 1, 2 and 3 out of my memory *shivers*.

I would also read something on the Lord of the Rings if you chose to write about it (just a suggestion, it's not like I'm obsessed or anything :ermm:) . As much as I thought the lotr movies were great adaptations from books to cinema, I can easily find the flaws in them as well.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I've started on the first entry.

In the meantime. Here is a list of some more editorials:

"Why Frank West is the best protagonist in gaming history"
"Story being replaced by big budget?"
"Why Manhunt still holds up"

IncarnatedDemon

Avoid using "Why X is "
Look into english language to find a way you can get your message across without such beginning.
And, post your first article here for us to read.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
6a00d8341c652b53ef010535ce3c64970c-800wi.jpg

Look into english language
Learn to take your own advice.

Top Bottom