• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for a Bayonetta 3 + DMC x Bayonetta?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Anyone have thoughts about Bayonetta getting a third game? I wish a playable Lumen Sage happened.

And how do you guys picture a DMC x Bayonetta crossover?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Don't take canon too seriously and just have fun pairing the characters up. Just write it as if they always existed in the same universe.

Viper

Premium
*in reference to the video title* Except they don't, Itsuno pretty much shot that down when he tried to explain there are no angels in DMC. Demons that resemble angels don't count, that's called clever deception. Kamiya just likes to reference his old work in the new one.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The DMC2 light novel had an artifact called the beast's head that allowed the user to travel across dimensions. So i thought about using that as the reason why Dante and Bayonnetta meet.

You could have an alternate timeline storyline if your feeling ambitious. Having Sparda intervening in the umbran- Lucian war feels like a good fork in the road.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
It could happen. I've seen crazier video game crossovers, and considering the two of them are hack-n'-slash juggernauts, I don't see why Capcom and SEGA wouldn't collaborate like they've done before.

It would require DMC to drop all dignity and fall full-sweep into the over-the-top, nonsensical absurdity that characterizes the Bayonetta games, and since I'd like DMC to take a more serious approach to story in the next game...and possibly better writers, if Capcom can help it...having the crossover happen would definitely conflict with my aspirations of where I want the series to go.

Unless Bayonetta steps up to be more serious in tone, which I guarantee will NEVER happen.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
What about thoughts on a Bayonetta 3? I wish more Lumen Sages showed up. Ever since Nero, how about a new sage with that bit-type of persona?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ronin
According to Byonetta's TvTropes Wild Mass Guess page, Bayonetta 3 should have a reference to Pompeii and Bayo's sidekick should be a teenager/young adult (some new hunter, her kids, enzo's kids, a younger luka through time travel or a return of Cereza just a bit older).

I think having a female lumen sage and a male umbran witch would be a fun dynamic but would be pretty camp.

Crossovers could work with another property(Virtua Fighter isnt doing anything, lets give it a Bayo makeover)

Bayonneta doesnt really have an arc left so i think finding one for her or having her mentor someone else is the best way to go. She could still be a protagonist just not the main one.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't really like the idea, in general, but between this and no DMC I will take it.

Top Bottom