• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I use to think

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
As a kid I only played a demo for DMC1 and then one for DMC4 my young brain thought they were the same person but then I played DMC 1 and I thought "oh so that other guy must be his son who's gonna beat that guy again" and this would be awesome

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. Are you on about Nero?

KRSkull

I like that idea. and it might be sorta true. I got a feeling that Dante was training and testing Nero to see if he is THE ONE to carry the torch.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Oh right, I'm with you. Well that would've been a good idea, if they weren't pushing the idea that Nero is Vergil's son. It could've worked, but it's a nice thought at best.

KRSkull

Oh right, I'm with you. Well that would've been a good idea, if they weren't pushing the idea that Nero is Vergil's son. It could've worked, but it's a nice thought at best.

This is true , mate!

Yeah, they did! But now they don't how to put it out!Lousy job, at least!

Well It can still work even if they went with the idea that Nero is Vergil's son. i mean that makes Dante Nero's uncle. which logiclly makes Dante Nero's guardian. you know since Vergil isn't there anymore.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Well It can still work even if they went with the idea that Nero is Vergil's son. i mean that makes Dante Nero's uncle. which logiclly makes Dante Nero's guardian. you know since Vergil isn't there anymore.
Dante is the closest Nero will be of his father.The ADN is exactly the same.
Novel hints Dante has some suspicions about Nero's parents, but, in the end Dante gives a d*mn about that since the boy can't give him answers.Dante only gave the boy Yamato because he liked the boy and Nero has " that soul that should be inherited on"( maybe passion to fight demons or whatever).
This thing always give me the idea DMC4 was to be the last DMC, but it was said too Capcom planned to explain Nero's origins in a future DMC.

KRSkull

Dante is the closest Nero will be of his father.The ADN is exactly the same.
Novel hints Dante has some suspicions about Nero's parents, but, in the end Dante gives a d*mn about that since the boy can't give him answers.Dante only gave the boy Yamato because he liked the boy and Nero has " that soul that should be inherited on"( maybe passion to fight demons or whatever).
This thing always give me the idea DMC4 was to be the last DMC, but it was said too Capcom planned to explain Nero's origins in a future DMC.

I think that in the game Dante suspected that Nero is related to him.

Dante said:
That sword was used to separate our world from the demons. I can't have something of that kinda power floating around now, can I? It's got to stay in the family.

and at the end the way Dante said this line
Dante said:
That's the only kind of gift worth giving now isn't it? I want to entrust it to you so I am.

It gives the feeling that he saw himself or Vergil in Nero. and he acknowledged Nero as family.

Of course that is just my theory.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
It gives the feeling that he saw himself or Vergil in Nero. and he acknowledged Nero as family.

Of course that is just my theory.
I suspect it too! AND the first time Dante sees Nero's devil trigger, both cutscene and song palying that moment t were called"Dying wish".
Probably Dante thought Vergil would like his child to have his beloved sword giving to him.

Top Bottom