• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I Need Support For A Project

Railazel

Okay, I have an AP Psychology project where I have to improve myself through Operant Conditioning. I decided to be more dedicated to personal projects and I decided to try and learn how to create a game, then create my own DMC game (if its within my legal rights). The problem is I have little knowledge on how to do so. So, at the moment, I have two questions: Where is there a tutorial where I can quickly learn how to use a game engine and where can I find free, good one that might help me emulate (to a certain degree, naturally) the DMC experience. I've only heard of one's for RPGs so far and I'm wondering if there are any Hack/Slash ones.

Now, the basic premise of the story is that after the couple of times Sparda's power has been released, his demonic soul escapes the sword and rests inside the body of a teenager. The overall goal is to seal him back inside the sword. Along the way, you'll experience glimpses of Sparda's past. My overall intent is to give some backstory to Dante, Vergil, Nero, and Trish. Its just a little snack that I decided to provide while Capcom is busy with the reboot.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Okay, I have an AP Psychology project where I have to improve myself through Operant Conditioning. I decided to be more dedicated to personal projects and I decided to try and learn how to create a game, then create my own DMC game (if its within my legal rights). The problem is I have little knowledge on how to do so. So, at the moment, I have two questions: Where is there a tutorial where I can quickly learn how to use a game engine and where can I find free, good one that might help me emulate (to a certain degree, naturally) the DMC experience. I've only heard of one's for RPGs so far and I'm wondering if there are any Hack/Slash ones.

Now, the basic premise of the story is that after the couple of times Sparda's power has been released, his demonic soul escapes the sword and rests inside the body of a teenager. The overall goal is to seal him back inside the sword. Along the way, you'll experience glimpses of Sparda's past. My overall intent is to give some backstory to Dante, Vergil, Nero, and Trish. Its just a little snack that I decided to provide while Capcom is busy with the reboot.

Not sure if there are any for hack/slash specifically, but you could try Game Maker.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Okay, I have an AP Psychology project where I have to improve myself through Operant Conditioning. I decided to be more dedicated to personal projects and I decided to try and learn how to create a game, then create my own DMC game (if its within my legal rights).

I'm not sure of the exact law but as long as you don't make any money off of it i don't think you would get in trouble.

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
hello :) I think game maker would disappoint you...since it doesn't allow you to make 3D games and well....I've already tried it myself a few years ago and I couldn't get satisfying results out of it. I suggest you use blender, this is a free software which features a game engine, 3D animations with fluid simulation, 3D images renders, .... I think it would provide you powerful tools, such as realistic light render and so on.... you can find a huge community to help you with tutorials and tips and the software is constantly being improved since it is open source and originally designed for linux but also available for windows....so you can use python coding to improve your game, but no coding skills are required to create a game, you can use the "logic bricks" system to link the causes to their consequences and create IA, manage user input, ... (sorry for my english this is my first post and actually french is my mother-tongue...)

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
if this gets answered i could use a method from this thread to create mine luckily i can make money off it because i purley made it but first ill try getting into a company i would like midway....but well...yeah

Top Bottom