• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I just noticed this...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
...But I don't know if its just me. So here it is;

Does DMC3's combos look a lot like DmC's combos?

Now before anyone argues, remember, this is just a small evaluation from what's interpreted through my eyes.

So anyway, here's what I mean;
Watch these two vids together at the same time;
play 2:57

play 3:10

At the same time. (Just for a cool side by side thing)

but anyway, I can't help but feel like DmC's gameplay is a lot like DMC3's gameplay with the only difference being that DMC3 is just faster and the enemies aren't in the air that long. But anyway, I really see some big similarities with the two when you look at the combo vids side by side. But this is just me.

berto

I Saw the Devil
i think it has more to do with DmC playing like dmc4. dmc4 has alot of 3 so you'd see similareties from that.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
basically DMC3 created a standard moveset for Rebellion that has only had small changes in later games. it is unlikely that Rebellion will have a moveset not based on DMC3 in later games unless someone else ends up using it. (and if games that take place when Dante had Force Edge are made it will probably have Rebellion's DMC3 moveset instead of its own DMC1 moveset.)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Only watched the first 18 seconds. Yeah they're similar, but NT said that they'll be keeping the 'core' of devil may cry so it's not that surprising.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
A Devil May Cry game plays like a......EGAD!! A DEVIL MAY CRY GAME!

Your point? Your not doing this cause some DmC hater stated that DmC played more like God of War/Heavenly Sword?

No. I was just looking at DMC3 combo vids, and kinda noticed the similarities. Its more so the point of someone saying "DMC3 and DmC are nothing alike when it comes to combo style and JC" which is true in some way, but then again they do look alike.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
No. I was just looking at DMC3 combo vids, and kinda noticed the similarities. Its more so the point of someone saying "DMC3 and DmC are nothing alike when it comes to combo style and JC" which is true in some way, but then again they do look alike.

I noticed similarities from watching the first trailer.

They're about the same since DMC3 isn't as complexed as DMC4 (same goes for DmC) which has multiple underlying mechanics that I have a feeling that not even the devs for DMC4 knew it had (Inertia, guard style cancelling, Distortion, etc).

But of course they would have similarities since they use some of the same mechanics and similar mechanics, same moves, same combos, etc. Primarily they looked at DMC4 when making DmC which was made from DMC3.

Its quite obvious they should have looked at DMC3 when making DmC to bring back mechanics that made DMC3 great and that DMC4 lacked (wall running, body surfing, wild stomp, and crazy combos).

Top Bottom