• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I have a question about Mundus

GinDan

In Devil May Cry 1 Mundus creates a Universe ?

In this case, why dominate the world when it rains to dominate the universe?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think he’s just showing off his power to Dante, and creates a sort of dimensional portal to somewhere within the Underworld where he can fight the son of Sparda. As an oppose to genuinely creating a Universe.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I think it's because as we learn in DMC3, Mundus in DMC1 is dead, or so we think....? Mundus in DMC1 was using vessels of bodies or characters in order to show off to Dante that he has the power, and by the end of the game, he creates a dimensional portal to fight the son of a Sparda.

There is and there are a lot we don't know about Mundus and his status going forward. So, in DMC5, just assume that Mundus is alive.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I thought Mundus reality warping power was on a universal scale.

Personally it seemed to me that Mundus’ powers are moreso in the demon world/realms/plains (whatever you want to call them). Not to say that his powers aren’t to be reckoned with even in the human world, but I do like the thought that it’s somewhat akin to DmC Mundus where his powers are stronger the closer he’s connected to Hell.

Top Bottom