• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I got a verrry good question...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
...and therefore I'm hoping to get verrrrry good answers (with links provided to proof said answers are correct). It's not actually my question, a friend of mine wanted to know, and seeing as she's got a bloody good point about the why's and where's, I wanna know too!

How in the world do we know Sparda's wife's name is Eva? Do you know? The only way I found out Kalina-Ann was named after Lady's mother was through Wiki - and I don't know how they knew that tidbit either.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I swear they say Eva in one of the games or books. If not, I dunno... Maybe Capcom said it themselves and it got lost in the sands of time?

About the second question... Kalina-Ann is the gun's "name", and I don't think anyone would give a gun that name unless it meant something. And since it says Lady's mother's name is etched into the handle... It's fan speculation at best, but a good guess.

Evil Nero

I know the name didn't pop out of nowhere. I think the name, "Eva" came out with one of the manga's.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
I thinked this before, but never seem the time for asking.

Maybe the name Eva was in one manga, book or one character profile?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Do they say Eva? I haven't seen her name mentioned in the books or in the manga, nor is it ever mentioned in the games or the anime. It just kinda hit me as - where the heck did the name come from? I never wondered about it before, but it's quite a brain teazer trying to figure it out. Was it a fan thing that spread like wildfire and became 'fact' because everyone liked it? I mean...okay, I'm sure her name is Eva seeing as Hideki actually used her name for one of the unlockable items in Bayonetta, but where did it originate from in the first place?

I getcha about the name being engraved into the gun itself, but where did people come to know what that name is? Was it just a crazy fan who managed to zoom in on the rocket launcher and saw 'ah, it says Kalina-Ann'? Again, the name itself was never mentioned in anything DMC, although these names are listed in the DMC wiki...I just wanna know where the heck the info came from.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
I don't know about the first thing, but it said in the game that the rocket launcher you get from Lady has her name carved into it. I actually says in the game. Just go and find the weapon info within the game. :p

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah. Look at this.

"A gun with Lady's mother's name etched into the handle. It has various uses."

That's what it says for it's file.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
There are concept pictures of Sparda and 'his wife' in the DMC Graphic Edition artbook, but it's all in Japanese and I can't read it. Perhaps it came from there? Maybe someone else can verify that.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I haven't got time to check now ('cuz I should be getting ready for work!) But wasn't it on a gravestone in one of the Mangas? Am I just making this up? I'll have to check later?!

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
DSC00507.jpg

^ Yeah I went looking and took a pic on my phone, sorry it's crap quality. He of course could just be looking at a random grave stone? :p

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
it says kalina ann in the description of the weapon on dmc3

and i wanna know how they knew eva was called....well.....eva

Top Bottom