• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I don't understand what is going on in the mind of my father...

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Seriously, I don't get it. I need a little help understanding just what kind of stick is shoved up his Anus.

All he seemed to do for the past three days is moan and gripe. I need a little info on what I should seriously do. I seriously can't do anything to make him happy. I clean up the kitchen and make it perfect...raise my grades...nothing. This is a list of what's been going on:

• Increased name calling, trying to tell me that I'm stupid. Trying to put me down and make me feel bad.
  • Constantly compairing himself to me; unable to understand why I'm not perfect. Trying to motivate me by screaming, because that's how it was in football...
  • I drop something, he breaks out in a screaming fit, then proceeds to blame me for the bad stares he gets from the neighbors.
  • Always threatening to put me in a home where he was put into as a punishment. The same home that he had been put into as a child and abused.
  • Then today he told me that he doesn't want me to speak to him because I'm "me" for a few days.
My father has anger issues and a large number of daddy issues, his father abandoned his mother and his brother. Think of him as a Vergil who is more easily angered by things. Though he is like this, he is always nice to meand quick to fix a problem that he started. But for these past few days, he has been unsually cruel. I love my father very much and I just neee some words of advice.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
My father was the same, sort of. After I grew up I realized that he really isn't any more mature than me upstairs. The opposite probably. When I realized that, it made more sense that he doesn't actually know how to cope with things if they aren't going the way he wants. He falls back on the "I'm your father" to try to overrule me even if he knows he's wrong or being childish. (Which works on other people like my brother, but not me).

I don't know what his issue is (your father's) but it could be the same. We expect our parents to act a certain way and it's disappointing when they show that they're no better than us or worse. At least, that is the only way I can describe my father, and because he never stops being an ass to me, I feel it was best to just ignore him permanently. But maybe it's just some issue yours has that will go away in time, or maybe something really is bugging him that is serious.

As someone who can be pretty cruel too to my relatives (I must take after my dad) I would act like this if I felt stuck in an inescapable rut/corner with something, was having some sort of midlife crisis, or if I was disappointed in someone but not able to articulate it. Maybe it is some of those things? And I get very ****y if I think I'm being left to do all the work and everyone takes me for granted. Or if someone is disrespectful. If you know his personality you might be able to figure out what it is, and what bothers him the most, or maybe just try to talk to him and find out what it wrong?

Then again, talking never solved much at home for me, and those type of personalities (the angry type) don't tend to like talking.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Dude sorry but he comes off as a complete jerk to me.. you better lay off his side for a while till he cools down a bit.

I would suggest you to improvise the situation in your own way

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
My dad was abused by his mum as a kid, so we have to put up with an 'asshat'.
He's been moaning and griping for so many years. It's just become a heck of a lot worse since he reached his 50's (the man is 60 now and it's like living with a ticking time bomb).
I'm no longer his daughter. When he talks to my mum about me, I'm 'her' daughter.
We don't get on, we talk, but we aren't close like we used to be.
I think that it's fair to say that I hate him.
My dad hate's my mum's relatives. He's a Jekyll and Hyde character.
I could really tell you haw bad my dad is, but I may offend.

Something had obviously triggered something to make your dad change... you can either try talking to him or tread carefully around him until he calms down.

BLACKSWIPE

Dude sorry but he comes off as a complete jerk to me.. you better lay off his side for a while till he cools down a bit.

I would suggest you to improvise the situation in your own way
He isn't normally like this. Today he actually changed for the better.

BLACKSWIPE

Well;

My father has gotten into a much better mood. He isn't an Angry Vergil any more, so that's good. And for all of you guys who offered me tips and advice; "You guys rock."

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2827-1362502923-1.gif

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well;

My father has gotten into a much better mood. He isn't an Angry Vergil any more, so that's good. And for all of you guys who offered me tips and advice; "You guys rock."

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2827-1362502923-1.gif
I hope he continues to be in a good mood. Stay strong! If you need to come back here to post about it, we'll be here for you. ^_^

Got to say though, reading this topic makes me wonder why some have children if this is how they treat them:(

BLACKSWIPE

I hope he continues to be in a good mood. Stay strong! If you need to come back here to post about it, we'll be here for you. ^_^

Got to say though, reading this topic makes me wonder why some have children if this is how they treat them:(
Well, he isn't normally this bad. My father has been going through an extremely rough time with dealing with school and past issues coming back to haunt him. He normally is really kind but a little cold, nothing I haven't seen. I posted this thread because it sort of worried me why he was acting like he was.

But he's back to his normal self, and I'm glad to see him back.

Meg

I'm glad he's back to normal. :) If you like, you can give a few days, and if he is still his usual self, you can ask him if something happened. I wouldn't ask him why he was being so mean to you, but just ask if everything is okay or is something happened recently. Hopefully, you might learn what happened. :)

BLACKSWIPE

I'm glad he's back to normal. :) If you like, you can give a few days, and if he is still his usual self, you can ask him if something happened. I wouldn't ask him why he was being so mean to you, but just ask if everything is okay or is something happened recently. Hopefully, you might learn what happened. :)
Well I think I just found out.

After five years of hard work and being a single parent, he was suppose to graduate with high-honors and with a really good score on his capstone, but his guidance councilor ****ed everything up. He was suppose to graduate in just a few days, but now he can't. He has to wait two more months because his Guidance councilor didn't tell him that he was missing, 3 elective hour classes. He has his major classes and required classes done, but he's missing 3 hours in some bullshit class and now he has to wait another two months.

So I understand his rage a bit better now...

Meg

Well I think I just found out.

After five years of hard work and being a single parent, he was suppose to graduate with high-honors and with a really good score on his capstone, but his guidance councilor ****** everything up. He was suppose to graduate in just a few days, but now he can't. He has to wait two more months because his Guidance councilor didn't tell him that he was missing, 3 elective hour classes. He has his major classes and required classes done, but he's missing 3 hours in some bullshit class and now he has to wait another two months.

So I understand his rage a bit better now...
Something like that happened to a good friend of mine recently. She took the class, walked during commencement, but due to some nonsense is still waiting to "officially" graduate. :/

Hopefully, things go better for your dad.

BLACKSWIPE

Something like that happened to a good friend of mine recently. She took the class, walked during commencement, but due to some nonsense is still waiting to "officially" graduate. :/

Hopefully, things go better for your dad.
He's feeling way better. He has a much more positive out-look and said this: "As long as I graduate before the summer ends, I really don't care." And he threw his hands up in the air.

Reactions: Meg
Top Bottom