• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Humanity

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
Why are we here? What were we made for?

"In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God hovering above? At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will"

-berserk-

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Well, I've always thought that I'm a 'pawn' in a huge game of the Sims.
You know when you get a bit evil and make your Sims suffer, well, that's been happening to me (except I haven't been shut in a small room without a seat, window, door, and no phone to call for a pizza).

Also, who's not to say that Legacy of Kain isn't right about a 'deranged squid' lurking at the centre of the world... plotting, thinking of revenge.

Sorry, I normally think of these sort of things when I can't sleep.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Humanity has been thinking about this for ages, and so far there is no definite answer. I think it's up to each person to decide.

Some people say it's biological imperative to survive long enough to replicate the species. But these days there are lots of married and cohabiting people choosing not to have children. So I guess humanity is not around solely to do that, not in this age of options and choices.

I also don't think we're here for the amusement of some kind of god or higher power...at least not in the sense of a god that denies free will. In that case, what is the point of living if free will is an illusion? Or is subjective reality even real anyway? I prefer not to think about that.

I like to think that humanity and the individual can make of their life whatever they wish. I also like to think that we're here to gain knowledge and learn. Humans are naturally curious, we like to explore, so who's to say life isn't about that too.

As for me, I want to make my life about helping people, constantly learning, seeing the world, connecting with people and appreciating art in all its forms.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I would say what I want... but I'm afraid of my opinion resulting in negative repercussions.

Long story short: more fun in life. Nothing but fun (yes, work can be fun, if you like what you do, like working in the artist/game industry for example).

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
I would say what I want... but I'm afraid of my opinion resulting in negative repercussions.

Long story short: more fun in life. Nothing but fun (yes, work can be fun, if you like what you do, like working in the artist/game industry for example).
Please by all means voice your opinion..err write it out. I'd really like to know everyone's thoughts about this topic. But if not that's ok too :)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Please by all means voice your opinion..err write it out. I'd really like to know everyone's thoughts about this topic. But if not that's ok too :)
What do I want from humanity?

4. Every city must look like either Tokyo, Shanghai, Dubai, Singapore, or at the very least, Houston (they have a great skyline). I really love futuristic-looking cities.

3. Everyone should be able to work their dream job. And education for that dream job must be readily available to anyone that wants it.

2. More theme parks. Like, everywhere.

1. A real life version of Hogwarts.

Or at the very least, a Jedi Academy. Thank God for ninjutsu schools.

IncarnatedDemon

I've always thought on why people want to believe in a God if it may be just something someone made up and it spread like a epidemi.
I remember reading about modern time and how alot of people got depressed. I believe they were depressed because many people challenged religion and existence of a God.
And i assume the people who got depressed became depressed as result of feeling alone.

Similar to how a orphan may feel.

I guess it may be like Aristoteles said, "All humans have a urge after knowledge".

When we dont know our purpose as humans, it must frustrate us, leading to behaviours like anger and depression.
Or perhaps we simply can't accept that something like big bang is how everything was created (including us) and that there is nothing more to it than that.

On TV they talk about cosmos and what it consists of, that there are black holes, supernovas, stars, anti matter etc
And my question is always "How did these things come to be? Was it all a random coincdence that something happened? Or was there something manipulating it like how we humans can insert genes into animals".

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
I've always thought on why people want to believe in a God if it may be just something someone made up and it spread like a epidemi.
I remember reading about modern time and how alot of people got depressed. I believe they were depressed because many people challenged religion and existence of a God.
And i assume the people who got depressed became depressed as result of feeling alone.

Some, like me, had a genuine religious experiance

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Existential nihilists think that one human being, a group of human beings, or even the entire human race are nothing but insignificant beings living in the planet. Sometimes I think like an existential nihilist whenever I lose faith in humanity...

But what I think that humanity exists to change the world. We exist to learn, to grow, to evolve, and to change!

IncarnatedDemon

Existential nihilists think that one human being, a group of human beings, or even the entire human race are nothing but insignificant beings living in the planet. Sometimes I think like an existential nihilist whenever I lose faith in humanity...

But what I think that humanity exists to change the world. We exist to learn, to grow, to evolve, and to change!
I think there are many species that qualify to "learn, grow, evolve and change".
Its not only humans.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
What do you mean by that?

Well, when I was having a nervous breakdown from being discharged, I prayed for a sign for everything to be all right. Just then, a butterfly flew up (while people are still firing) from the range to where I was sitting and landed on my hand. For 10 minutes it stayed by me, flying around me and landing on my head and arms, and something spoke to me and said "All will be well."

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think it is humans who do this the best... But you got a point. There are animals who can learn, grow, evolve, and change.
Yes, we do well, but our advancements have also brought us terrible things like atom bombs and mustard gas.
As a species, we're both terrible and great.
Actually, for all our technology, we're still just a bunch of advanced apes still looking for answers. Funny really.

MigsRZXAStylish

Yes, we do well, but our advancements have also brought us terrible things like atom bombs and mustard gas.
As a species, we're both terrible and great.
Actually, for all our technology, we're still just a bunch of advanced apes still looking for answers. Funny really.
From a quote at the ending of an underrated JRPG Ys: Oath in Felghana:
"We can be so strong yet we can be so weak. That is man's greatest contradiction."

Because from what you've said I quoted, existential nihilism persisted that one, some, or even the entire human race are nothing but insignificant beings...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
From a quote at the ending of an underrated JRPG Ys: Oath in Felghana:
"We can be so strong yet we can be so weak. That is man's greatest contradiction."

Because from what you've said I quoted, existential nihilism persisted that one, some, or even the entire human race are nothing but insignificant beings...
On the grand scale of the universe, we are tiny and insignificant. But on a personal level, humans like to be quite egocentric at times, so they make themselves the most important thing ever.

Maybe we are a bunch of confused apes going nowhere, just living long enough to perpetuate ourselves into the next generation of soul searching, confusion, pain and nothingness, but I guess that's part of life...whatever life is. :tongue:

MigsRZXAStylish

On the grand scale of the universe, we are tiny and insignificant. But on a personal level, humans like to be quite egocentric at times, so they make themselves the most important thing ever.

Maybe we are a bunch of confused apes going nowhere, just living long enough to perpetuate ourselves into the next generation of soul searching, confusion, pain and nothingness, but I guess that's part of life...whatever life is. :tongue:
Sometimes, I can think of what Dante said about humans being as worse as demons in the DMC anime. And I think it would become true, well half of it...

Top Bottom