• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How would you like to ''edit'' DMC character ?

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
change their personalities, etc...
I like DMC2 Dante but quieter, colder like Vergil, but emotional in certain time,etc...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I would have Dante and vergil's place of birth would be South Africa and they grew up together. Dante was either a ex-cop, a ex-soldier or a ex-convict before he became a mercenary/devil hunter.

Arkham and lady would be from fortuna.

Trish was active for over 10 years as an assassin for mundus.

Patty would actually be Dante's legal ward and actually have powers that she cant control which gives reasons why she hangs around.

Beryl is a sniper.

Enzo left because Dante was a douche but decided to stop being weak and became a kick-ass hunter on his own. He and Dante are friendly rivals even if Enzo has more day to day success because enzo has more common sense.

Morrison has a half-succubi daughter he tries to rain in.

Nero is one of two ideas-

1. he was raised by the Order to be the next Sparda which gives him a less punkish demeanor. He is a believer in purpose and naive to the ways of the world. Doesnt have guns and a less obvious devil bringer. Different outfit/less modern.

2. He was Dante's kid and raised by him and Trish/lady etc. He is about 20-22 around DMC2 and helps Lucia go find dante. Pretty mature for his age with a good head on his shoulders. Lives on his own.

Both of them have different outfits from the DMC4 artbook.
http://www.dimensionalwar.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=594&start=0

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
I would have Dante and vergil's place of birth would be South Africa and they grew up together.

Arkham and lady would be from fortuna.

Trish was active for over 10 years as an assassin for mundus.

Patty would actually be Dante's legal ward and actually have powers that she cant control which gives reasons why she hangs around.

Beryl is a sniper.

Enzo left because Dante was a douche but decided to stop being weakand became a kick-ass hunter on his owm. He and Dante are friendly rivals even if Enzo has more day to day success.
can i ask why's South Africa?

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
well i prefer America anyway cuz to me it's somewhat a great, harsh environment for Dante to live in and grow-up, and ex-convict is not a bad one but when you're looking into Dmc....
and yeah, Eva's background was somewhat mysterious. Capcom should really makes sequel base on that when Dante got out of Hell and find out that some parts of his life were lies

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
well i prefer America anyway cuz to me it's somewhat a great, harsh environment for Dante to live in and grow-up, and ex-convict is not a bad one but when you're looking into Dmc....
and yeah, Eva's background was somewhat mysterious. Capcom should really makes sequel base on that when Dante got out of Hell and find out that some parts of his life were lies
America is harsh but not as harsh as growing up in a 3rd world country. We have it lucky compared to them.

Ex-convict makes sense as he was a mercenary in the light novel. Plus he doesnt seem like a boy scout.

Thats tricky given you dont know most of his life and i think by DMC2, he would stop caring.
Its easier to pull with a younger dante than a older one,

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
to change a character? C:< well dr nafarious thinking i would turn some of them into robots but seriously i would make dante more chilled in some games and nero too

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
America is harsh but not as harsh as growing up in a 3rd world country. We have it lucky compared to them.

Ex-convict makes sense as he was a mercenary in the light novel. Plus he doesnt seem like a boy scout.

Thats tricky given you dont know most of his life and i think by DMC2, he would stop caring.
Its easier to pull with a younger dante than a older one,
just saying, even Nero's somewhat msyterious.Capcom just likes random ideas

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
1. I would give Dante a more consistant personality (something like DMC1 Dante but more talkative)
2. I would give Trish and Lady significant roles past their first game.
3. I would make Kyrie more proactive (but still a non-combatant)
4. I would make Nero a bit more distinctive

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Dante-Make him be less of a clowny asshat and more professional while still being his talkative, egotistical self. Something like Izaya. I'd also make his hair a bit shorter and his coat more fitting to DMC1.

Vergil-Virtually the same, but he'd also have a better goal then just "power". His hair would look less anime sterotypical and more like Sparda's actual hair style, and he'd dress more steampunk style.

Lady-She'd be unchanged. Though I would lengthen her hair a bit.

Trish-She'd still look the same and be the same but instead of being just identical to Dante's mother, she could in fact be Dante's mother, but her memories wiped and her being sent to Dante's time. Though she looks the same, they act rather different.

Patty-The same, but since she'd still be the descendant of Allen Lowell, she'd have some magic qualities.

Nero-He'd be more rebellious and less shonen. He'd dress with a steampunk meets 80's punk style and would be Sparda reincarnated. This would lead to a possible TrishXNero factor. (Note: Kyrie doesn't exist)

Morrison- Still the same cause he's boss like that.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i would provide more clarity on the world as a whole because the world outside Dante's office is rather vague and could be any era or country.

Dragonmaster and Railazel pointed out that the prologue of DMC1 said Sparda ruled the human world till his death which is ripe for potential even if we dont see that in the series itself so it could be a fountain of ideas and a good way to embrace the anime heritage of DMC and set it apart from its western counterparts.

kryptoknight

Born to a single mother in the slums of 1940's Chicago. A mob hit steals his mother and his brother. Dante grows up on the streets, Spending time as a mobster, then a detective, then grows to loath those who took his family from him. He starts killing the mob only to find the deep demonic ties, stemming from a fear of the children of Sparda. Dante is faced with a man who can match his eerily inhuman speed and strength blow for blow, only to discover it is his brother. Dante most combat his only remaining family and the demonicly empowerd shadow mob. Devil May Cry Noir. I'm gonna do it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think Trish would have been modeled after someone other than Eva and referred to Alastor and Griffin as family members.

After she was created, Griffen was tasked to educate her in the ways of the world because Mundus ain't gonna do it himself.

Top Bottom