• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How Would You Feel If....

How would you React?

• YES F*CK THE OTHER SERIES! GOOD CHOICE CAPCOM!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I'll be happy but sad for the other fanbase

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I'll be happy but sad the other series had to go

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I'm neutral so I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Ok remember this thread?
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/would-you-still-be-a-fan-if.17462/

"Well everyone here can consider them a fan of Devil May Cry series whether through the originals or the reboot. Some like one and not the other and some might like both. However, plenty like one more than the other and then you get rare cases that likes them both equally."

Instead this time Capcom scrapped the Devil May Cry series that you liked the least and continued with the one you preferred more. So if you're more of a DMC fan you're going to get your DMC5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or if you're more of a DmC fan you get your DmC2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Ok remember this thread?

"Well everyone here can consider them a fan of Devil May Cry series whether through the originals or the reboot. Some like one and not the other and some might like both. However, plenty like one more than the other and then you get rare cases that likes them both equally."

Instead this time Capcom scrapped the Devil May Cry series that you liked the least and continued with the one you preferred more. So if you're more of a DMC fan you're going to get your DMC5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or if you're more of a DmC fan you get your DmC2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

I'd feel bad for the other fanbase, but yes, I'd be ecstatic if Capcom continued on with my preferred series-the original.

But like I said, I'd feel bad because it isn't fair to the other fanbase. As much as I personally hate DmC, I have no problems with those who enjoy it-whether they enjoy it alongside DMC, or to the exclusion of DMC, it doesn't matter. I would actually be fine with them continuing the reboot as a sort of side project, as long as they have a separate team continuing the DMC story.

But then again, if DMC is truly at an end, I'd be okay with that too, because it produced the games and other media I currently derive so much enjoyment from. It would be better for it to end on good terms, than on bad ones. I know, that's pretty subjective, considering the amount of people who disliked DMC4. I personally love DMC4 (along with 3 and 1; 2 barely has my attention, sadly), so in my opinion, it wouldn't be too terrible if the original series stopped there. That being said, I would much prefer they continue DMC over DmC, if it must come down to one over the other.

Tl;dr: I prefer DMC; I dislike DmC. I respect everyone's right to like whatever the hell they want. I'd be happy for the DMC fanbase if the original continued, but I'd be sad for the DmC fanbase for losing their preferred series.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think I'd feel bad for the other fanbase. For all the fighting and all the back and forth pettiness I would get pretty down if they didn't continue DMC, as I thought was going to happen when DmC was announced and through out development so I suppose I can sympathize for the prospect. I also know that this is a very clear prospect, Capcom isn't doing so well that they can just finance the development of two high budget versions of the franchise, it's not like MegaMan when they could run multiple iterations at once.

I always thought that there might not be a sequel to DmC since originally it was supposed to be a prequel before it was a reboot, they might've not thought far enough ahead for one. Odd thing, though, people also seem to forget that Dante would have white hair in said sequel, that always slip people's minds for some reason.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'd love a DmC2, but I don't see that being likely.

And like the other two, DMC1 is forever dead, so I could care less.

Sunaka Marién

I'd be happy but forever worried about them potentially ruining DmC (>.<)
And I'd be sad for both, the original series having to go and for the fanbase... well, at least for some of the fanbase.

Top Bottom