• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to reply with quotes

aoshi

Hi,

I find a lot of people replying within quotes and using bold characters to give their comments. Though it is understandable, it does not look appealing to read.

The reasons are:
1) Since you reply within the quotes of the original post, It logically means your statements belong to original post. Cuz the ID of the person who made the original post is labelled on top of the quote.

2) If anyone wants to reply to your reply which was within quotes, None of it will be carried to the person who was replying to you.

3) Using manual quotes or jus quote tags without the person's ID on the quote is also not a wise choice. Cuz if you are replying to multiple members, the person reading your post will not know who you were replying to.Also there is a feasible solution to use quotes with member information.

So here's how you can break your replies with quotes in between:

1) Once you have your original quote ready for reply(by clicking the reply button), Break it using line-breaks to the portion of message which you want to reply to.

Note: I have misspelled the "quote" keyword in the quote tag in this entire example cuz if i use quote tags, the message would look like an actual quote. To use the actual quote tag, replace word "qute" with "quote" in the tags used in the example.So you get the point.

Eg: When you hit the reply button, The following would be in your reply box:Use line breaks by pressing enter which will give you a new line and a demarcation between your reply and the original quote.

[qute="aoshi, post: 491693, member: 27"]You are misinterpreting his ambitious attitude. Anyone can be ambitious. He even says he would not enslave humans as mundus. Vergil has lead the entire operation to bring mundus down. Yeah, dante did too. But if vergil was ambitious to rule over humans, I don't see anything wrong.

---------Line breaks----------------------

Even though democracy is run by people who elect the government, There is president who at the end of the day will decide wats best for the country for his term. However, I do see vergil incapable of doing the right things for humans cuz he was an absolute douche at the end of mission 12 to kat. His ambitions were right but he lacks a human side to it.

----Line breaks------------

Both the points you have mentioned mean the same that Vergil used dante and kat. I don't know why you have made them as two points. Anyways, Vergil helped dante and kat see the world for how it is. Kat says vergil helped her in dealing with demons. To dante, he explains his heritage of sparda. So both kat and dante had a purpose for themselves which tied with vergil's plans. Technically, kat felt obligated and dante accomplished wat he wanted and in the process carrying out vergil's plans.Sorry, can't say they(Dante and kat) were expendable.

-----line breaks-----

Although, we live in a world where we get used everyday in the name of money. Employees working under a manager carry out instructions from the manager. So wat now the employees are getting used by the manager????A teacher teaches students and students use this knowledge to improve their profile????So now teachers are getting used by the students????In both cases i have mentioned, the answer would be that employees and teachers get money in return. If money is the answer, could not have manager use money to get the job done, or students use money to improve their profile. It's a lot more complicated to say vergil was using dante and kat. Or even come to a conclusion that someone was expendable.[/qute]

2) Now since you would obviously start with the first part of the original quote, Start quote tags are applied by default. So all you need to do is jus before your line break of the first quote, end the quote using end tag [/QUOTE]. Then type your reply in the space where you entered your line breaks.

3) Once you have completed your response to the first portion, now to we need to add both start and end quote tags to next quote. To add the start quote tag, scroll to top of your reply, Copy the start tag.

As per the prev eg: Start tag:[qute="aoshi, post: 491693, member: 27"]

Copying: Select the start tag using mouse.Then press, ctrl key + C.

Now move to the original quote where you need to apply quote tags. Its easily identifiable since you know your reply and the original quote using line-break demarcation.

Now paste the start tag at the point of the original quote where you desire to.

Paste shortcut : [ctrl key + V] or [Shift key + insert key.]

As per the example: I would apply it here:

[qute="aoshi, post: 491693, member: 27"]
Even though democracy is run by people who elect the government, There is president who at the end of the day will decide wats best for the country for his term. However, I do see vergil incapable of doing the right things for humans cuz he was an absolute douche at the end of mission 12 to kat. His ambitions were right but he lacks a human side to it.

4) End tag is pretty easy since you don't need member info. Jus type [/QUOTE] at the end of the original quote.

As per the example, I would add it here.

Even though democracy is run by people who elect the government, There is president who at the end of the day will decide wats best for the country for his term. However, I do see vergil incapable of doing the right things for humans cuz he was an absolute douche at the end of mission 12 to kat. His ambitions were right but he lacks a human side to it.[/qute]

5) Type your reply in the current space of line breaks.

6)Repeat steps 2 to 5 for the remaining portions of the original quote and reply in line break spaces.

7) There would be an end [/QUOTE] of the original quote which you can delete since you have manually added the quote tags to the original quote.

8) If you want to reply to another member's post, Place the cursor the end of your current reply and simply press the reply button on the post you want to reply. Your reply would include your original reply and the quote from post you just hit reply to. You can repeat steps 1 to 7.

Hope i helped you use quote tags in your replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Um....I'm guilty of all of the above. It's just too much work to pretty it up, especially if you just typed up a long-as response within the quote itself, and then you hear things exploding and crashing in the kitchen and all you can do without losing your entire post is hit 'post reply' before bolting away from the computer for x amount of minutes/hours/days.

It's a good post, either way. We should make this a sticky, me thinks.

Top Bottom