• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to ninja gaiden 3 better?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In the grand tradition of my other thread for DMC4, this is a chance for fans to say what they would do to make the game better. They can tackle story beats or game play mechanics. Please keep it within the parameters of the game, you cant throw out the story for a new one.

Also you can tackle what should be done with the series as a whiole.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Ninja Gaiden 3 makeover steps:

1. Release Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3.
2. Include more weapons in the NGS3.
3. Increase combat difficulty in NGS3.
4. Remove the health regeneration.
5. Change the Ninpo system.
6. Include more challenging bosses.
7. Remove or reduce the QTEs.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I really dont like the whole "curse" part of the game. It feels like it slows down the games action, and makes you worry about something unnessessary. I enjoyed the free-flowing mechanics of NG2, and I think it should be incorporated into NG3.

But what do I think will make the game better?...
MOAR CUTSCENES!
I loved to watch Ryu kick ass as himself, not me the player :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I haven't played the game yet, but I was told they removed the dismembering from 2. If that's true, WHY?! It was great to watch your enemies lose limbs as you savagely slash/crush them into oblivion.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
The combat looks great because they only focused on one weapon. And the delivery of the story is quite better than the rest of the NG games. But since it gets old way to fast, new weapons, and maybe what VampireWiched said, a Karma system sounds like a good idea. And the difficulty needs to be harder with a lot more enemy types.
I think the QTE are ok, just try not to rely on them so much.
The Kunai climb mechanic is just plain stupid. Backflips are way better but i guess in the level design sometimes you need to cut corners and well, kunai climbing was the result.

I think the game looks very brutal even if you don't see legs and arms flying around everywhere. The way Ryu impales and slashes through enemies looks pretty damn deadly, so its not like the gore has been toned down as much as NGS2 was on the ps3. I'd much rather have blood spattering everywhere than blue lights

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
NG Sigma 3.
- Bring Kasumi & Hayate in the game. Plus Sonia.

or FIX THE WHOLE ROMANCE STORY! Well... Sonia/Irene should be Ryu's true love interest.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Why does this feel like the possibility of there being a Ninja Gaiden3 sigma with all the DLC weapons, revamped difficulty & enemie Ai & a more fleshed out meaning for the blood on Ryu's arm.
At $49.99
Well it used. To be released on Xbox first and then all the other bonuses came on the ps3 version. But now its. All on both consoles. I hope they do release a sigma version because I love ninja gaiden and if its priced lower than theoriginal, I'll be very hapy

ZeroLove

More weaponry that is NOT DLC.
More playable characters, like Hayate, Ayane, Kasumi and as said above, Sonia returning would be nice to see.
Dismemberment put back in.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i probably would have given segments where you could play as ayane, momiji, hayate or rachel.

it would have been cool if the grip of murder actually tried to screw with his head by trapping him in it, forcing him to live the moments where he killed and the ones that affected him the most.

@ronin- I think mitsuki's role could have been filled by Sonia since we know nxt to nothing of Sonia's actual background.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ok i have a question. The gamers that bought Ninja Gaiden3 & dislike it because the previous title had more was better.
Are the gamers wrong if they return it or are developers to blame for the lack in quality over the previous titles.

I think the developers are to blame. If a game is bad, then it won't sell well and it will likely get returned. If a person dislikes a game, and enough people agree with him/her, then wouldn't it stand to reason that it must, in actuality, be a bad game?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Ok i just tried the Demo i got 3weapons, sword, Scythe & Claws. First off why is the camera so close at times? At times it's hitting you in the back of the head.
sometimes they use the camera as part of the difficulty. It puts you literally in Ryu's shoes and makes you vulnerable to attacks from behind. Also for presentation reasons because some times Ryu cannot run and he'll just walk around and it just makes the player take a real good look at the graphics
When your fighting the camera changes angles when you perform a QTE so your having to constantly snap the camera back to a better position to see the enemy layout.
Probably the worst thing about this game is the qte and how off set the camera puts you. Too much fighting with a camera is a very bad thing is a hack and slash.
Ryu controls very oddly like he's locking onto a target when there's no indication while fighting,they don't but It's like the controls invert from this.
And what the smurf!?
what smurf?
A guy sees his team get slaughtered & totally gives up, drops his gun drops his masks & begs for mercy & there's absolutely no other option then to kill him, so why does team ninja make it all dramatic when you pretty much have no choices for mercy anyway. What is he a Kratos wann be?
I don't think he can be a wannabee because Ryu was killing ninjas long ago. As for that moment in the game. I thought it was cool. Sure a karma system would of been nice to mess around with, but the games story revolves around his crazy arm and the choices that Ryu has made. I thought the story was pretty good, especially Ryu. This is the first game that i gave a crap about him. His relationships with his friends and a pretty touching moment with a little kid too.:blush: All the while, Ryu, is a killing, murdering, relentless machine. After a while, because the game is pretty easy, you kinda feel sorry for some of the henchmen, but not so much on the hard difficulty. Hard is a pain in the ass and the enemies are cheap and come in huge amounts of waves.(only good thing about this game)
After watching you beat the crap out of their team the survivors give up & crawl begging for mercy & i don't kill them, so are there rewards for showing mercy in the actually game?

No rewards at all. If you don't finish the guy off, then he'll just crawl around. But i assure you that you'll want to finish off every guy because sometimes they are the most devoted soldiers ever!

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
When NPCs are cowarding i don't attack them anymore, i rather have that option. However i understand Ryu' arm is compelling him to kill without mercy, i just find it ridiculous that there's no option to fight that urge.

And those touching moments are enough to persuade him to fight the urge to go on a killing spree & slaughter surrendering enemies ? That shades of Kratos.
It may seem that way, but the way Ryu reacts to the kid is pretty straight forward and its like he's come to terms with his murdering ways. Its not his arm thats controlling him, he's making the choices and as a result, his arm is changing.
Theres also a rage mode where he is completely saturated in his murderous intent, and hacks aways at like all the remaining enemies. No one survives and their all cowering in fear.

Top Bottom