• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how popular?

aka958

Don't trust people
I don't know. I know I played a demo of dark cloud when I was a kid... That game was amazing! I never got it though. >_<

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
my old one broke but i kept the save until the day when i finally get it back

which will happen soon!!! i waited 2 years for this

any way it's old...like war of the monsters but thats still popular

and the good thing about old games is.... they're rare

Osaka

trollololol
That was the first game I played when I brought my first ps2 and I do remember it being good back then (haven't got it now.) If you haven't got round to playing Dark Chronicle then do so cause that's a good game.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's called Dark Cloud 2 over here. (Dark Chronicle)

Because of COURSE we Americans are so stupid that giving a game a similar name will make us skip over it completely. :dry:

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 are popular games during PS2 era. However, I felt that Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle) is the better game. :D

Laurence Barnes

Premium
to be honest dc2 don't look good

i saw some bosses anit's all futureistic

dc1 is in the old dungeons

aka958

Don't trust people
So it's popular? What made Dark Cloud 2 the better game then? When I look at it, it doesn't look like the same dungeon survival thingy I went through on the demo of Dark Cloud.

Osaka

trollololol
DreadnoughtDT;255825 said:
It's called Dark Cloud 2 over here. (Dark Chronicle)

Because of COURSE we Americans are so stupid that giving a game a similar name will make us skip over it completely. :dry:

You know, I always wondered why they chose to rename HP and the philosopher's stone to sorcerer's stone... :huh: I mean it's not like we don't think you can't understand it and stuff so why change these titles...

Laurence Barnes

Premium
Chaos Master;255828 said:
Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 are popular games during PS2 era. However, I felt that Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle) is the better game. :D

i disagree it's all futuristic and not old with the old demons

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
demon genral;256018 said:
i disagree it's all futuristic and not old with the old demons

I do not expect everyone to agree my sentiments, but my choice is still standing. Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle) is way better than Dark Cloud.

aka958;255966 said:
So it's popular? What made Dark Cloud 2 the better game then? When I look at it, it doesn't look like the same dungeon survival thingy I went through on the demo of Dark Cloud.

Because:

1. Better and improved gameplay.
2. Two different characters to use, different abilities, and so on makes the game much more fun to play. Each has their own pros and cons. And you need to use both of them to overcome certain obstacles in the game, not one.
3. The story of time traveling is improved, and in much greater scale. And the story is deeply immersible.
4. Dungeon crawling is improved, due to two characters usage which can be switched on real-time.
5. Cel-shaded graphics in that game is colourful, brilliant, and awesome.
6. Very professional voice acting.
7. The Georama system is an awesome feature, and returns in Dark Cloud 2.
7. Monica in Dark Cloud 2 is hot.

Osaka;256014 said:
You know, I always wondered why they chose to rename HP and the philosopher's stone to sorcerer's stone... :huh: I mean it's not like we don't think you can't understand it and stuff so why change these titles...

For the reason of Dark Cloud 2's name changed to Dark Chronicle in U.S., it is probably due to the fact that Dark Cloud 2 is may not be connected in any way with the first Dark Cloud, except for similar gameplay, story concept, and etc.

As for the Harry Potter's case, it is:
This was a marketing decision made by author Rowling and Scholastic, the publishing house that released the novel in the United States. The decision to change Philosopher to Sorcerer was made because, in the U.S., a philosopher connotes a scholar of philosophy, ethics, metaphysics, logic, and other related fields. Philosopher does not typically connote an alchemist or magician, and magic is essential to the Harry Potter books. Consequently, the publisher suggested using another word with a more magical connotation, and Rowling suggested Sorcerer. Rowling gives this explanation: "Arthur Levine, my American editor, and I decided that words should be altered only where we felt they would be incomprehensible, even in context, to an American reader... The title change was Arthur's idea initially, because he felt that the British title gave a misleading idea of the subject matter. In England, we discussed several alternative titles and Sorcerer's Stone was my idea."

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0241527/faq#.2.1.13

Top Bottom