• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How many Devil Arms?

slapsus

So are the Devil Arms restricted to Dante/Vergil or can they be used by Nero as well? Everytime Dante fights a boss he gets a DA and Nero gets a power for hsi DB.

To put it simple these are my questions regarding Devil Arms:
1)Are all devil arms alive like Alastor, Ifrit, A&R?
2)How does the essence of a demon get preserved in a devil arm(such as Alastor, Ifrit)
3)Other examples for "living" DA except Alastor, Ifrit?
4)Did the Order kill big demons to get the DAs to power the mini-hellgates?

I'd have more questions but can't remember them now... I'll post in replies

Sparda™

slapsus;96142 said:
So are the Devil Arms restricted to Dante/Vergil or can they be used by Nero as well? Everytime Dante fights a boss he gets a DA and Nero gets a power for hsi DB.

2)How does the essence of a demon get preserved in a devil arm(such as Alastor, Ifrit)
3)Other examples for "living" DA except Alastor, Ifrit?
4)Did the Order kill big demons to get the DAs to power the mini-hellgates?

I'd have more questions but can't remember them now... I'll post in replies

Devil Arms are defeated souls of powerful demons.

The demon's soul materializes itself into a weapon of its own reason, or takes the shape of the one which will wield It, the warrior who defeated It.

The Order of the Sword collected Devil Arms and demonic deities and souls. It is reasonable to think that some of the Devil Arms they have are from fights against demons. We can't say that the ones that powered the artificial Hell Gates were of defeated demons, or of found like that.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Well said Dante, the demon in question often chooses to materialise itself into the form of a weapon, for whatever reason, most likely, such as in the case of Cerberus, the demon has been defeated, and as such, respects the power of he who defeated the demon, and then feels obliged to help his or her cause.

Technically speaking, all Devil Arms are living, seeing as they are, in essence, the very living souls of demons, yet only three are known to communicate with their weilders, as you stated, Agni & Rudra, Alastor and Ifrit.

So far, we've only seen Nero weild Yamato, which is a Devil Arm and as far as the artificial Hell Gates go, well, only one Devil Arm that Dante obtained from the Hell Gates was remotely related to the respective demon, that was Gilgamesh, as Echidna was a plant-like/organic beast, Gilgamesh was stated to be a weapon that absorbs organic matter and transforms it to steel.

No one can say for sure that the Devil Arms powering the gates came from previously defeated Demons, all we know for sure is that Dante was given these Devil Arms after defeating each demon, and that after obtaining them, he used each to destroy their respective Hell Gates.

Zato-OW

King
Devil Arms are basicly weapons bound with demonic power either by Devil souls or forged from ones own power like the Sparda sword. I recall the Yamato called to Vergil in the Manga or it could be the other way around so im not sure if his sword has a soul in it. In Dante's case his sword is his own power and is bound to him like a limb i guess. I also think the Rebellion was made specially for Dante because if i can remember correctly Vergil was jealous about Dante for a reason being he felt that Dante's power belonged to him because he was the one who decided to walk in their fathers foot steps, but this could be of a totally different reason im just guessing.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
slapsus;96142 said:

answer to (1) Devil Arms are just weapons, that contain the souls of defeated warriors. The demons can form into swords, axes etc... The person that destroys a devil, recieves them as a devil arm. And the DAs aren't alive, well, not the Devil's body at least... Just the soul.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
To say it simply Devil Arms are the essence of demons. Their souls you could say. Just as Alastor and Ifrit spoke/moved on their own before Dante got them in the original Devil May Cry, the devils in Devil May Cry 3 gave their souls to Dante after accepting defeat. With the exception of Beowulf, whose soul was absorbed by Vergil against his will.

The only souls that I found weird are the ones in Devil May Cry 4. That's because the Devils pretty much disappeared after their death and Dante absobed some essence from the hellgates to create his Devil Arms. My theory from that is that Agnus probably used other Devil Arms before Yamato to create these fake hellgates. Since Yamato (which is Sparda's and that makes it one of the most powerful devil arms ever) broke after its use, I'd think the same happened to the other devil arms that were used for the 3 hellgates which gave us Lucifer, Gilgamesh and Pandora. So Dante absorbed them instead of the Devils that came out of the gates.

slapsus

but why didnt Dante get devil arms from Echidna, Dagon and Berial?...i mean he got the ones powering the hellgates, but not the boss' souls as DAs

Sparda™

Demons such as Berial, Echidna or Bael & Dagon, stepped on the Human World through portals made by the Order of the Sword, humans, as well.

In Devil May Cry 3, the demons Dante used as his Devil Arms were Gatekeepers. Demons such as them, are looking for masterful warriors to use them.

Top Bottom