• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How long before you copped out?...

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
I was just curious to know how long people actually got into the game before they died...
When I first played DMC4, I was stupid enough to try devil hunter mode*cuz I thought I was being clever* and got to mission 10 before Dante pactically whooped my @ss...

How about you guys?...

aoshi

Seriously? Devil hunter mode?

Please , try harder. I jus breezed through devil hunter mode. Except for that last mission sanctus fight where i am suppose to counter his sparda's sword stinger attack. Took a while for me to counter or buster-counter it. Easy way i found was, I DTed and then bustered him. This way , you don't have to exactly time the buster-counter but you still get to counter it.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Dante killed me the first time. Nothing else did until then as I recall. It was a big jump in difficulty running into Dante, I assume to make him out to be the fantastic badass and you the puny kid.

Chimera Khaos

Seriously? Devil hunter mode?

Please , try harder. I jus breezed through devil hunter mode. Except for that last mission sanctus fight where i am suppose to counter his sparda's sword stinger attack. Took a while for me to counter or buster-counter it. Easy way i found was, I DTed and then bustered him. This way , you don't have to exactly time the buster-counter but you still get to counter it.

Yes, seriously...
I'm not really the kind of person who takes time to defend, more the straight attack now look back later.
Bearing in mind, this was my very first try with no tutorials or anything.

aoshi

Yes, seriously...
I'm not really the kind of person who takes time to defend, more the straight attack now look back later.
Bearing in mind, this was my very first try with no tutorials or anything.

I have never thought of a DMC game to be a first-time gettable or achievable game. So i experiment it in my first try than directly go for completing missions. Like searching for secret missions - combo shortcuts - enjoying my walk through beautiful architecture - enjoy the awesome music - check out how detailed the developers went for(like till the detail of character's facial expressions in actual game, costume design, swinging of the jacket when you run, terminology used to describe items(though jus referred as talismans in DMC 4 , DMC 3 had quite many terms that i never knew of). It is then , i actually play to beat missions. So experimenting should not hurt you much or let you give up on the game cuz DMC is not that kinda game where jus walkthrough, finish the game and be done with it.

If you are hurt by the game, don't be. Jus try watever you think is possible in the game and you will definitely come through.

I did find agnus with dante a bit tough though cuz dante's combos were scattered across styles and i hardly had moves against him. But did not find that hard that i would give up.

Also, I also found countering and timed-dodging or using royal guard on enemies as a real pain. The demons were so fricking lethargic that i could never guess when the attack would land. Like the angelos , charging the sword. The minute i saw angelos using sword, I decided i would go royalguard on them. But their attacks were like charging forever that the more i waited to block them, i was never able to guess when the attach would land. However, I did get the timing right after a few tries.Nero's table hopper too took awhile for me to time them. I was not able to get these timings right on my first play but experimented a lot this way.So i recommend you too to experiment with the game than go for the kill rightaway.

Chimera Khaos

Ok, I didn't actually mean "give up" I meant die like y'know, how far you got before you died?...
I try to beat the game first and observe later, since I find that if you know what you're up against in the first place, it wont be a surprise the next time you run it through...

aoshi

Ok, I didn't actually mean "give up" I meant die like y'know, how far you got before you died?...
I try to beat the game first and observe later, since I find that if you know what you're up against in the first place, it wont be a surprise the next time you run it through...

Oh, you mean jus by reflexes, Honestly i lost all trust on my reflex after playing DMC 3. So any game i take, i analyze them first, ofcourse with reflex and not dying, but would not totally depend on them to go far the entire game.

Besides, its a video-game, you don't really die. So I don't get so worked up over it.

8BitHero

Scrub
Berial was like
"Do you wanna hold this sword for me, in your chest"?
Proceeded to thrust at me and I died. I had a Phoenix Down though.

Top Bottom