• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How I Met Your Mother Series Finale

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
WHAT???

Wow, and I thought MY April Fool's jokes were bad.

... IT'S NOT AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE?

Skip to **SPOILER**

------------------

----------------

-----------

-------

---

--

The mother has been deceased for the past six years and Ted goes back to Robin to ask her out (I guess 'cause she divorced from Barney at that point?)

Anyway, imho, the whole season was a waste of time. 0/10

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
There were a lot of episodes I didn't see, though I saw enough of the show to get the gist of it.

I'm in agreement with you; once they let on that she'd been dead awhile, it should have stopped, there. That would give the whole thing with him telling the kids the story a purpose...but making it so he goes back to Robin?

I mean seriously...what the hell was that?

On some level, I guess I can understand why series finales do so poorly (Dexter...why didn't you go out with a bang?)

Wrapping anything up can be difficult, emotionally, and otherwise (beginnings and endings are always the hardest parts to write, they say)...but c'mon, having him go back to her is just...insulting. I don't hate Robin, but I'm not crazy about her, either. She's jerked Ted and everyone else around too many times for that. If he had any self-respect, he would have waved as the ship was sailing. :/

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
In my mind, I secretly call HIMYM the "Dexter of Sitcoms". Ha.

Lol, I don't blame you. The ending of Dexter really, really disappointed me. They spent so much time in the last season, focusing on characters and adding crap in (like Masuka having a daughter...the hell?) and then they rushed all the important stuff, such as everything that actually mattered in regards to Dexter. :/ Lol.

But yeah, HIMYM definitely fell short...even if the episode had cut off right after they reveal the mom had been dead a long time, the whole episode beforehand felt...I dunno, awkward. Did you get that feeling, too? Like nothing really made sense?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Nothing in the entire season made sense. Oh sure, it was funny, but I think they were just in a rush to finish it.

As for Dexter, they should've stopped at Season 7 (the last good one). It had Dexter and Debra going off into the unknown, after covering up a serious crime. It reminded me of the Evil ending in Persona 4 (available in the Vita version only).

It was pure, dark, and poetic.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Nothing in the entire season made sense. Oh sure, it was funny, but I think they were just in a rush to finish it.

Ah, so the whole season was pretty much the same, eh? I think it's the only season I didn't catch any episodes of until the last; all other seasons I saw at least a handful, here or there. They probably were rushing, which isn't entirely their faults, I guess-deadlines are a b*tch, after all. It's just disappointing that it turned out that way.

As for Dexter, they should've stopped at Season 7 (the last good one). It had Dexter and Debra going off into the unknown, after covering up a serious crime. It reminded me of the Evil ending in Persona 4 (available in the Vita version only).

It was pure, dark, and poetic.

Agreed; at least then, it wouldn't have left such a bad taste in the fan's mouths. I still like the show, but...well, I guarantee I won't be buying the last season on DVD. :/

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
If you have time... watch this. Very reminiscent of Dexter.
And remember the moon in the first episode? That had Persona 3 written all over it.

Although personally, I think Atlus took a lot of inspiration from Dexter and not the other way around... just a gut feeling. They're great storytellers, but the accomplice ending more or less confirmed my "suspicions".

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'll definitely check it out...likely sometime tomorrow, lol. ^^;

The fixation on the moon also occurred in the first Dexter book as well; one of the few things the show actually remained consistent with (as it was only loosely based on the books).

Top Bottom