• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How different would things be if Kamiya returned?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I recently tweeted PG_Kamiya, asking if "Given the oppurtunity, would you collaborate/work with Hideaki Itsuno?"

To which the reply was a simple "No"

Now while I love the heck out of Hideki, it makes you wonder what it would be like if he returned.
jordan@starwarsman
@PG_kamiya Given the chance, would you collaborate/work with Hideaki Itsuno ?
Expand

22h
神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya@PG_kamiya
No. RT @starwarsman: Given the chance, would you collaborate/work with Hideaki Itsuno ?

Hide conversation

7:31 AM - 17 Nov 12 · Details
But in the end, I am just happy that I got HIDEKI FRIKKING KAMIYA TO RESPOND TO MY TWEET!

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, the combat would deffinitly prosper but the story wouldn't. DMC wasn't Kamiya's alone, Shinji Mikami's hand is obvious in Dante's personality and the writing.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
thinking about it seriously, story-wise it would be different as kamiya is more meticulous at world-building. So its more likely he would answers plot-holes/lingering questions and question about how the world works in supplemental materials like journals you find in the game itself.

the only thing is characterization or if he can recapture how cool he made Dante back in DMC1 and whether or not he would care to actually keep the other games etc in canon. Plus he said he wanted to have a new main character in each DMC game so DMC5 might not be about Dante, it could easily be someone else both new and old.

Top Bottom