• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How could Dante afford a car?

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
Every DMC fan here has watched the anime right?
You, my fellow lovely DMC forum members, have noticed that in the second episode, he has a car.
Now you've also noticed that he is in alot of debt, and if he is in alot of debt, then how did he get the car?
"no romance is gonna happen in this car" - according to patty

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Perhaps someone gave it to him as payment for a job.
(Although I couldn't understand how he could afford the tax or fuel to keep it on the road. ;) )

V

Oldschool DMC fan
If I were Dante, I'd run up huge debts. I'm a half-demon Machine of Awesome, am I going to be scared of a couple of bailiffs?

Besides, I save the world every other year. Fair's fair.

My credit history would still suck, mind you.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Not to mention that his shop is full of demonic stuff. They can't even confiscate anything. Remember that episode where this guy sneaked into the shop while Dante was out, and ended up scarred for lifeXD

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
I highly doubt he actually cares about his debts. I mean, he's a goddamn son of Sparda, why would he care about money?
Nobody is brave enough to demand that Dante will pay the debt, either.
As for the car: He probably bought it with the money he got upon completing a specific task, or maybe he found the car in one of his adventures (kinda like how he found Lady's motorcycle in DMC3) and decided to keep it.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Dante's a bit of a bum in that way, but that's why he's cool. He's too busy fighting the fight to worry about anything beyond the stylishness of his coats. Give me a guy anyday who knows what's actually important. He can be forgiven for being a bit of a bum if he works that hard.

I still haven't watched that anime!

Demon619

Deadman walking
Maybe one day he saved a car dealer's ass from a ****ed off demon and got it for a reward...that or he took it after a car dealership was destroyed in one of his fights, both of those situations could suit Dante.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante steals money from demon's wallets. This is the only possibility I can see xD

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It's refreshing though to see that Dante is NOT rich, and clearly wealth and possessions are not that important to him.

There's enough 'superheroes' out there IMO who manage to do what they do because they're loaded or in privileged positions. Iron man, Batman, Thor, etc. While it does help explain how Batman can afford a Batmobile, or Iron Man a battle suit, it makes these hero figures more distant to us average people. Dante may be the son of Sparda, (the once ruler of the human world) but he lives like every other one of us, gives up any titles and even his real name, and works for a living. What's really important is family, pizza, and a good time, amirite?

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
i agree he just decided one day that it looked good so he took it lol
on another note anyone think that his car is the same as the red car from bayonetta ??

Top Bottom