• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Here's how a possible DFF 2 would look like.

aka958

Don't trust people
Here, it was a april fools that almost got me... But it was the day after goddammit! Stupid ****heads... Hate those annoying **** jokes just to trick peoples hopes... Anyways check:

In a recent interview, Nomura was asked about whether a Dissidia: Final Fantasy 2 will happen. Instead of revealing the details now, here is what he said about D:FF's sequel:

Nomura: I have started concepts for Dissidia 2, we plan to release it on both PSP and PS3 and trying to allow a connection between the two of them to share data.

I can confirm that Kain Highwind from Final Fantasy IV and Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy V will appear as playable characters. We've decided on featuring four characters for each of the main series, excluding XIII and XIV. Sazh Katzroy will represent XIII and as for XIV, I still haven't decided on who to feature as of this moment.

We're also planning to have multiple stages for each FF game, as well as a PS3 exclusive (due to UMD size) feature that allows you to create your own levels using materials provided.

Other new PS3 features include an advance Replay Edit mode where you can now control and animate multiple characters, utilise green screen, and allow more than 2 characters on screen to make cinematic replays. We are also working on a Character Editor mode similar to Tekken's character customization, but instead we plan to use items that are references for Final Fantasy games, so all you Zack fans can change Cloud's hair and facial features to resemble your hero.

We are keeping other features secret for now, as Character Editor and Replay Edit are the only confirmed features. The gameplay will still use the Bravery system, but we are making adjustments to things to balance things out. We also plan to utilise the full power of the PS3 for the PS3 version, so there could be a substantial amount of differences between versions, which is unfortunate but we won't neglect the PSP version.

Due to limitations of the UMD, the PSP version will not feature the non-main series characters I plan to include. These characters include Ramza from Final Fantasy Tactics, Benjamin from Mystic Quest and King Leo from Crystal Chronicles. The others are secret, and will be announced at a later date... I will say this though, the characters might not be from FF. However, we will try to make these bonus characters and features DLC for the PSP version.

The reason we didn't want downloadable content in the first Dissidia is because it was an anniversary game, and we didn't want any new characters taking the spotlight from the twenty two we picked who we felt helped made Final Fantasy what it is today. But the sequel isn't an anniversary game, so we might think about implementing DLC into the sequel.

Nomura had nothing else to say.

Hmph... Little overdone just to trick someone... Bastard...

And this should answer why a sequel would be done and why they didn't give any DLC to the first one. Even thought if it was a joke...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That is COLD. Why go through all that work for a trick? That's just plain bastardly!

Although this would be cool, and playing as Benjamin from Mystic Quest would be pretty awesome. I wonder, if he was put in, would they put in MQ music as well? I love the music in that game, especially the boss battle theme.

aka958

Don't trust people
Got no idea, haven't played MQ either.

Level editor, Character customisation, replay editor, lots of new characters, new music... All that was missing for a perfect game would be a musical uploader, upload the music that you want to hear in game.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
If you remember the Q&A section with Nomura,he said very warmly that he will try his best.For me DFF2/whateve name they use this time is pretty much confirmed.This interview is an april's fools joke by some guys that usualy translate the ultimania articles and many interviews.A good april's fools joke.

aka958

Don't trust people
DreadnoughtDT;212138 said:
Listen to these.

FFMQ Battle theme: Heat of Battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjT0PCv-cnA

FFMQ Boss Theme: Dark Followers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ0KilHkxFk&feature=related

These are often hailed as two of the greatest songs in Final Fantasy of all time.

Dude, the boss theme was failure and utter failure. The battle theme is a good one but doesn't stand a chance against epics like the battle themes of FF1, FF2, FF3, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF13 and lots of more awesomeness besides the big ones.

How could they possibly, ever be hailed as the best FF soundtracks ever? I love the stillness of fragments of memories more than I love these. I like the ShinRa theme from FFVII more than that... I like FFI town better than that, but FFI town pretty much kick ass so they didn't stand a chance to start with.

They are possibly hailed as the best by you or some smaller fanbase that started final fantasy with Mystic Quest but I don't think they are hailed by many at all.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
o_O Sir, I find that insulting. Just because it sounds more heavy metalish doesn't make it bad music. I mean, this is better than One Winged Angel, and I know you're going to blow up when you read that, but still...

aka958

Don't trust people
Sure, for you it is. But over 95% of the final fantasy fanbase sure disagree, as they see Mystic Quest as ****. Yupp, I've read what others think all the time from lots of forums. Most are against Mystic Quest and we all know that FF7 is the most popular, if you agree or disagree doesn't matter. And how many people recognise that music in Mystic Quest and how many people recognise One Winged Angel?

I think that says that your statement of that being hailed as the best FF music as false, it isn't the FF feel at all. It's just some random bull**** that's unlike any other FF game music I've ever heard... Crisis core had it's metall soundtrack but it didn't sound that bad.
The normal battle theme in MQ was good but not great, the boss theme was a blurr and not memorable at all.

Top Bottom