• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

helping the DMC newbies

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I just had a thought, you know on the home page we've got descriptions of enemies, characters, cheats and all of that well, how about helping them some more, say with finding the blue orb fragment locations and telling them which weapon and weapon combo is best suited to each enemy, we could put on additional hyperlinks for the weapons and the blue orb fragments. I'm pretty sure that that could help contribute towards www.devilmaycry.org's ascent to Devil May Cry site number one and then we have some kind of online soiree, however that's done I don't know, perhaps another revamp or maybe you could get us a myspace esque instant messaging thing, how's that for an idea?

(This is a thread for the administrator)

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
I like the Idea personally even though I am not a mod I would glady give my time to show people Blue Orb Fragment locations and so on.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
That's a great idea, Phantarch. I've wanted to write up some more content for quite some time but time hasn't really been my on my side since I started managing four sites... ^_^ I'll see what I can do though; anyone want to help?

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
The Phantarch;20514 said:
I'm pretty sure that that could help contribute towards www.devilmaycry.org's ascent to Devil May Cry site number one

isn't it already?:lol:

devilmaycry;20545 said:
That's a great idea, Phantarch. I've wanted to write up some more content for quite some time but time hasn't really been my on my side since I started managing four sites... ^_^ I'll see what I can do though; anyone want to help?

ooh! ooh! me sir! me! i do!

how about we have a message at the bottom of the home page saying:"if you need help on any devilmaycry game, click here" and they could post a message stating what they want help on, then the helpers post a message back

or we could ask them to become members then say "you can pm any of our volunteers for help".

we've both volunteered!

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Nel0 Angel0;20523 said:
I like the Idea personally even though I am not a mod I would glady give my time to show people Blue Orb Fragment locations and so on.
You mean an FAQ? Sure, why not. But why don't you just get all the info somewhere else and possibly put it in your own words, that in my opinion would save time and alot of hassle. Nice idea though, I am for it. ;)

Steve

Admin
Nel0 Angel0;20547 said:
*Raises hand* me me the Dark Knight lol.
=]

pinky750;20604 said:
isn't it already?:lol:
Thanks! ^_^

Random fact: This site usually ranks first in Google for our main keyword search term: "Devil May Cry", which is quite an achievement considering we outrank the official Capcom site and pretty much everyone else competing for "Devil May Cry". However we seem to be fluctuating every so often in the ranks and get knocked to second place after Wikipedia's entry on Devil May Cry.

ooh! ooh! me sir! me! i do!

how about we have a message at the bottom of the home page saying:"if you need help on any devilmaycry game, click here" and they could post a message stating what they want help on, then the helpers post a message back

or we could ask them to become members then say "you can pm any of our volunteers for help".

we've both volunteered!
That's actually a pretty darn good idea, this has a lot of potential indeed. However, I'd probably add a link under the main links section (Forums, Legal Policy, Sitemap, Search, FAQ, etc etc) which points to either this thread or the necessary details. Either way, great idea, pinky750! +rep

The Phantarch;20729 said:
I'll gladly lend as much of a hand as I can afford to give.
Thanks!

Nel0 Angel0;20790 said:
I want to help I feel soooo invisable hehe.
I can see you! ;)

pinky750;20961 said:
me, phantarch and the dark night all volunteer!
Awesome! Thank you very much guys!

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Well I did ask for it, I'm not just going to sit back and let you guys do all of the leg work for me am I?.;)

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
devilmaycry;21019 said:
=]
Random fact: This site usually ranks first in Google for our main keyword search term: "Devil May Cry", which is quite an achievement considering we outrank the official Capcom site and pretty much everyone else competing for "Devil May Cry". However we seem to be fluctuating every so often in the ranks and get knocked to second place after Wikipedia's entry on Devil May Cry.

that's why i said, isn't it already?

devilmaycry;21019 said:
=]Either way, great idea, pinky750! +rep

woo! more rep! i feel so happy^_^

Steve

Admin
Whoa! Totally forgot about this thread... sorry! Thanks for the reminder, pinky! ;)

If you guys are still up to it then I'd be happy to start brainstorming which jobs need doing and what-not; I really could use all the help I can get! You can be sure your hard work will be rewarded too... I haven't quite worked out what with... but I'm open to suggestions!

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
devilmaycry;24895 said:
Whoa! Totally forgot about this thread... sorry! Thanks for the reminder, pinky! ;)

If you guys are still up to it then I'd be happy to start brainstorming which jobs need doing and what-not; I really could use all the help I can get! You can be sure your hard work will be rewarded too... I haven't quite worked out what with... but I'm open to suggestions!

id just like to be mention as a "helper" or "advisor" coz i want something to do and i know a lot about dmc. i just want a job!! could you make it official please steve?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Okay

DMC1

Alastor: Stengths: Speed, New Attacks, Air Raid

Weaknesses: Ineffective against plasmas and not great against frosts

DT

Ifrit

Strengths: DT Attacks take loads of life, Particularly useful against Frosts, Stronger than Alastor.

Weaknesses: No Speed upgrade, No Air Raid

Sparda:

Strengths: Longest melee weapon reach, as powerful as Ifrit and as strong as Alastor.

Weaknesses: No DT*, Speed Upgrade or Air Raid

*Except on mission 22

Ebony and Ivory

Strengths: Rapid Fire, Anti Gravity,(Initially weak) Rapid charge DT

Weaknesses: Weak, Little blowback power

Shotgun

Strengths: Powerful at close range, Good blowback power

Weaknesses: Weak at far range, Only moderate DT Charge

Grenadegun

Strengths: Powerful, Brilliant blowback power, High DT Charge per shot

Weakness: Slow, Can't jump attack

Needlegun

Strengths: Only one applicable for swimming missions, Rapid fire

Weaknesses: Can't be used generally, Little blowback power

LDKs handguns (Luce and Ombra I think but I might be thinking of something else)

Strengths: Same as Ebony and Ivory

Weaknesses: (Ditto)

Yamato

Strengths: Same as Alastor but DT available at start of a new game

Weaknesses: Same as Alastor

Top Bottom