• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help with DMC3SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

UWCF

Hi everyone,glad to have found your community. :)

I have a particular issue with DMC3SE for pc,I've patched it to 1.30 and my OS is Windows 7 32bit.Tried playing without the patch but the problem persisted.Haven't encountered it before with Windows XP though,so I supposed the OS is to blame...Anyhow.
Whenever I switch firearms in game the character will taunt at the same time,and whenever I switch devil arms the target I've locked on will change on it's own.Tried configuring the controls to no avail,each is listed as a different button but for some reason the pairs (Q with M and E with O by default) will still only work together.
Could someone help me out on this?

Thank you in advance.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
The controls system is terrible in DMC3 SE PC - I can get it working on XP, patched it, bought a specific PC controller for it, tried my PS2 controller with it, used two different dl'd controller configuration programs... but to no avail; but the control setup is still screwed and I find certain controls overlap no matter what.

I think it's just a bad port for its controller issues.

UWCF

Agreed on it being an overly bad port for certain,thing is I haven't had this kind of issue before Windows 7 (or on any pc running under Windows XP for that matter).I'm quite used to playing with the keyboard in fact,just so long as keys don't take the initiative and pair up on their own :p
Last solution I can come up with is trying to install Windows XP as well and dual-booting whenever I wanna play...Quite the troublesome workaround though,if anyone has encountered the same issue and knows of a better solution I'd be in their debt :)

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I also had the exact same prob, i used a program called "X-Padder" it works with any controller but i used a 360 and that helped with a lot of problems, in the end the only buttons that were dual mapped was taunt and lock-on switch (which wasnt too bad) but i did a lot of research into it and as far as im aware there is only two pads (realy expensive)that dont get problems i cant remember the names exactly, ill have a little search but it seemed like unless you have those pads there will be problems no matter what.

also the game is notorious for frame rate issues regardless of specs, if you get this it can be resolved by taking out the music files, sure it may make the game quiet but you can always play them in media player!

UWCF

Thank you for that info :)
Apropos,a friend mentioned something that might help on that front.Perhaps opening some key config kind of file with a text editor could lead somewhere,though I haven't had any luck with that yet either...
What really puzzles me is that I've truly never seen this before,as in not once.I've installed and played this game on a dozen computers and I haven't once had the keyboard's controls get messed up in this fashion.I understand that a gamepad would present this problem for whatever reason,but this particular case has me baffled :wacko:
I wouldn't insist as much otherwise,it's just that I'd really rather avoid dual-booting as it's undoubtedly gonna get annoying after a while.Plus the issue in itself doesn't sound too complicated,so perhaps a simple obvious tweak might be all it takes.You know,as is usually the case with pcs ^^

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I had this trouble too, and i too have frame rate issues. X-padder is great to use (wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for SpawnShooter.)
I had to buy a laptop (with Vista) because DMC3SE wouldn't work on the XP.

Actually on the problem of controls, I'm using a ps2 controller and the R3(which i think is meant to be for the camera) is also controlling the movement for Vergil/Dante. Any idea how i can get the R3 to just do camera control and not movement.

aka958

Don't trust people
I had neither of these problems. My DMC3SE worked on my XP computer without any trouble. Or... it had one. I couldn't hold in more than 3 buttons at one time. The 4th wouldn't respond. <.<

If I want to go diagonally with "W" and "D" while locking on, I can't use the stinger. Annoying as hell...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I can play it with XP. I think it was a case of the specs of that particular computer you were using at the time weren't compatible, VB. Remember we checked them on that website...?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Ah yes, it wouldn't play it now thats for sure. Everything that was on that computer got formatted and deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom