• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

HD gaming on Pc ??

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Well i am bit screwed here i got a brand new pc gaming case with 6870HD and i5 2500k but my monitor only supports 1280X1024 >_< that's really annoying now i have to wait three months to get a monitor now

What monitor brand or model do you suggest ?? because i must buy a new monitor otherwise it would be a waste of my whole HD Pc configuration

http://www.samsung.com/ae/consumer/computers-peripherals/monitors/lcd-monitor/LS19CMYKF/ZA

and which one should i get a LED or LCD

Arrrgh i wish i brought a console

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
That's a great gaming setup! You'll see some awesome performance from that graphics card and CPU. As for monitor: are you interested at all in 3D gaming? If not, you can save yourself a small fortune and eliminate a large number of expensive, modern monitors from the equation. Would you be wanting full HD (1920x1080) gaming?

Also, I'd recommend LED over LCD nowadays. Without pretending I know all there is to know about the two formats, when I was researching into the ideal monitor to purchase last year, all of my findings lead me to believe that LED is typically less energy-consuming and is capable or providing a much more vibrant on-screen picture.

Also, and while two years ago I would have insisted you only look at Samsung monitor solutions, I'm now much more inclined to side with ASUS, Acer and, slightly less so, BenQ. I have a BenQ 3D monitor myself and it's pretty good, but I'd wholly recommend ASUS products over the rest right now. Don't worry about it too much, though, you'll likely be happy with any brand you go with. I'm not a videophile, so the difference in picture quality if barely noticeable to me.

Hope this helped!

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
That's a great gaming setup! You'll see some awesome performance from that graphics card and CPU. As for monitor: are you interested at all in 3D gaming? If not, you can save yourself a small fortune and eliminate a large number of expensive, modern monitors from the equation. Would you be wanting full HD (1920x1080) gaming?

Also, I'd recommend LED over LCD nowadays. Without pretending I know all there is to know about the two formats, when I was researching into the ideal monitor to purchase last year, all of my findings lead me to believe that LED is typically less energy-consuming and is capable or providing a much more vibrant on-screen picture.

Also, and while two years ago I would have insisted you only look at Samsung monitor solutions, I'm now much more inclined to side with ASUS, Acer and, slightly less so, BenQ. I have a BenQ 3D monitor myself and it's pretty good, but I'd wholly recommend ASUS products over the rest right now. Don't worry about it too much, though, you'll likely be happy with any brand you go with. I'm not a videophile, so the difference in picture quality if barely noticeable to me.

Hope this helped!

Well as far as 3d is concerned i am not interested I've tried It's just an illusion at its best and it isn't in a fair price either

yes why not if my pc can output HD games why not buy one monitor ?

I'm a noob when i comes to tech stuff i was lucky enough to figure out that 6870 would be better than nvidia 560i and i5 is best for gaming but in now i am really puzzled as there are so many brands and models I've seen LED&LCD side by side it only has like 20% more clarity then LCD

but if it costs double than same size LCD i probably won't buy it

As for brand i only have experience with HP monitor i am still using it its in pretty good condition even now after 5 years its intact never malfunctioned

Top Bottom