• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hardcore Mode (DmC)

Black Dahaka

Hi, I recently got DmC DE and want to understand how they implemented the changes. Does the rebalance for this game fall just under the Hardcore modifier, or were there tweaks made to the base game as well?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The base game gives a hard lock-on feature and the ability to attack enemies without having to use a specific weapon, though only that "element" still makes them flinch. The Hardcore modifier changes the way Devil Trigger works, makes enemies more aggressive and I believe makes a couple other small things change.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
See if this link works, it should give you a PDF-file of all the changes made to the Definitive Edition:

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&sour...ggkMAA&usg=AFQjCNEjSvQHhUsbkThhJhu3VvM7ESllUQ

Otherwise, search for 'dmc definitive edition changelog' and find the file from there. If I remember correctly, hardcore mode does the following:

- Makes it much harder to gain style points compared to the normal mode, so it's no longer as easy.
- Devil Trigger no longer launches enemies into the air.
- Enemies do slightly more damage (only 5% I believe).
- Osiris' Prop and Shredder no longer have auto-parry. Without hardcore mode you can just use either of those moves and parry pretty much anything without too much timing needed.
- Dreamrunnes reflect Flush (Arbiter projectile on the ground) one extra time.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I've yet to see anyone do Hardcore + GMD + Turbo + Must Style + No Upgrade.

I'm not counting this Gladiator guy, since he only did this challenge for a few missions... and even then, he didn't do the No Upgrade part.

Even Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 had a No Upgrade run (all the way through).

===

But notice how NGS2 doesn't have a No Upgrade AND No Ultimate Technique run?

Because like DmC+GMD+Turbo+No Damage+Must Style Mode+No Upgrade Run ... it can't be done.

Even if you did a Some Damage Run, you'd have a really hard time finishing DmC GMDTMSMNUR playthrough -- regardless of whatever skill level you are (or how much damage you allowed yourself to take).

It's fun watching people try though.

Not a slight against you, @DDutchguy -- I actually congratulated your attempts while lambasting everyone else for shrugging it off.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I've yet to see anyone do Hardcore + GMD + Turbo + Must Style + No Upgrade.

I'm not counting this Gladiator guy, since he only did this challenge for a few missions... and even then, he didn't do the No Upgrade part.

But notice how NGS2 doesn't have a No Upgrade AND No Ultimate Technique run?

Because like DmC+GMD+Turbo+No Damage+Must Style Mode+No Upgrade Run ... it can't be done.

Even if you did a Some Damage Run, you'd have a really hard time finishing DmC GMDTMSMNUR playthrough -- regardless of whatever skill level you are (or how much damage you allowed yourself to take).

It's fun watching people try though.

Not a slight against you, @DDutchguy -- I actually congratulated your attempts while lambasting everyone else for shrugging it off.

I'm actually thinking of doing something like that... that is IF I can ever get through the game again while playing like 4 other franchises (currently playing through Kingdom Hearts and Yakuza).

I doubt that it's impossible, it's probably just a chore to play like that after a few missions. Since you're pretty limited on styling on enemies and such (no upgrades also means less moves y'know)

DDutchguy

DmC hype
I doubt that it's impossible, it's probably just a chore to play like that after a few missions. Since you're pretty limited on styling on enemies and such (no upgrades also means less moves y'know)

Yeah I think it's extremely possible myself, just a bit tedious if you want to play it safe. Upgradeless means you have no reliable ways of disabling enemy Devil Trigger, which is the main problem.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Oh... How about a No Strength Upgrade Run?

(But you'd still have access to the weakest form of all the moves though.)

See? Told you this game was hard. XD

Sounds good to me, actually tried that a couple times on a stream. Was quite hard but still doable, and most notably, fun!

Top Bottom