• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halofest 2014

The Final Offer

There it is...with the reveal of Halo 5's multiplayer...and well....it's exactly like COD AW and that's not a bad thing. The bad thing is that the game comes out in 2015, quite possibly next to a new COD release. Factoring that in, you'll find that COD AW has made it worse for Halo 5 since it is a great game. That would mean mouths are watering for a new COD and barely salivating for the just revealed Halo 5 multiplayer because they've been doing that since 2014.

I was a fan of Halo until 3 and I played Reach and 4 until I made it to the thirty minute mark where I felt that it was the same game as it's predecessor. I kept playing these games just because I liked the first two so much. That didn't save the game for me and I discarded Halo as did my friends.

I was really REALLY hoping this game would BE different to any other shooter and yet, here it is absorbing every feature every other shooter has. It's so bad I'm venting about a game I have no plans on buying. Anyways, enjoy the video and tell me your thoughts. If you want me to give you a play by play on how Halo 5 is the same as COD AW I can and will. Until then, peace.​

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
No offense...

YES. I'M USING THE NO OFFENSE EXPRESSION. I'M SUCH A MONSTER.

... No seriously, there's no offense intended to this thread or its poster -- it's just that I don't like Halo, so I'm going to stay as far away from this topic as possible.

I like the idea of the energy sword matches though... but that's it. Anyway, this is just in case the OP wondered why I'm not commenting on this particular Halo thread. That's all.

Captain Xin

I am going to sound like a complete fanboy at this thread, since it was Halo 3 that convinced me to buy a Xbox 360.

But man does this looks cool!

And I'm pretty happy to see Halo 5, it looks fantastic!

Oh, and the music, it sounds incredible!

Last edited:

The Final Offer

I do like it's gameplay though as it was more old school multiplayer in that there was no level building needed, everyone had an equal shot at everything out of the gate gameplay.
It was skill based multiplayer not level based multiplayer & i liked that alot about Halo.
Just like GearsOfWar there was no excuses of "Well i'm lower level" or "balance issues" or "Higher level players has access to better weapons"

Nope.
Halo set gamers on a board with all the same equipment & vehicles available for everyone said you rely on your skills now go at it.

You wanna know something awesome? The entire "higher level" gameplay stuff is complete bulls*** when it comes to COD. I'm saying that it's an excuse players use to make themselves feel better about getting obliterated in COD. Access to weapons at level 50 don't make you overpowered nor do they break the game. There are enough weapons in your level 1 arsenal to combat any level. I should know, I'm always looking for oddities in video games the moment I boot it up.

Where the higher level gameplay stuff isn't complete bulls*** is in Destiny. You need to be Lvl 20 to access exotics, legendaries, etc. They even have a game mode that's dedicated to rank. So if you're a level 10 against a level 20 it's going to show....heck you may not even do any damage to the level 20. (It literally says "immune") There's also this problem with Destiny that if you do their 40 hour raids or whatever, you get OP weapons and gear. OP meaning overpowered or only punks use these weapons. It's not a fair game...like...at all.

Honestly i don't understand how Halo has lasted this story wise.

It's a cash in. I remember when they said that Halo was complete and now that none of the exclusives after Halo struck GOLD they're bringing the series back.

The Final Offer

@The Final Offer
1. I never played COD, but some games with multiplayer that's gear based leveling up improves weapon rate of fire or armor defense, or unlock special ammo & skills not available to lower level players &the game still placed level 1s against level 60s.

DESTINY
Really ?
So new players would be toasted against level 20s players then?

2. Yeah it seems that.
I thought Halo would've ended at Halo 3 but wow.

COD just made it into the Book of World Records for best franchise ever. You gotta get your hands on it at least once.

With Destiny, yes you'd be toast in the Iron Banner mode. There's seriously no point in going there unless you want to just die.

Destiny has BEST IN categories. Like the Suros Regime is currently the best Auto Rifle exotic. I think "Two Words" is the best Hand Cannon exotic since it fires like an auto machine gun and has crazy perks.

So, when you have an exotic that isn't the best it's like "WTF is this going to do? Give me the edge over someone who doesn't have an exotic at all? Pfft." You see, that's not how I like my competitive multiplayer. I'm not into having an advantage if it isn't natural. You know?

Top Bottom