• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Guilty pleasures of gaming

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
This is a thread where you post those games that got luke warm criticism at best, but you still loved them.

For me it would have to be.

meta.jpg

While most gamers complained about cloud swinging and bad camera angle, I enjoyed this more than Arkham City.

Mainly the ability to roam Manhattan, and fly through like it was nothing.

Though I did hate it's repetiveness

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
You know, I'd say Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale might/possibly should fit the bill on this one, I mean, it sure as hell got me some weird looks and comments from friends when I was playing it but...

tumblr_m6k37s2PaA1r96br0o1_500.png

Capitalism, Ho! Bitch.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Dirge of Cerberus Final Fantasy VII, I loved that game to the fullest but I recently learned that everyone hated the gameplay even for a third person shooter but I did like how it wasn't just a third person shooter alone and added tons of melee to the depth of combat like Vanquish and even Resident Evil 6.

Also Resident Evil 6.

Gorbashou

Every Final Fantasy game that had bad criticism.

League of Legends
Heroes of Newerth
World of Warcraft (love to hate it, love to love it, hate to love it, but I don't hate that I hate it)
Magic the Gathering

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i dont actually know what games i like that have loads of criticism but there's probably alot of them

Meg

Probably Medal of Honor Airborne. It's not the "best" game, but I do enjoy it.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
For me, it has to be Drakengard. The gameplay is really mediocre, but I still love it. The story is interesting and the characters are messed up and unique. The soundtrack is pretty awesome too, despite being chaotic remixes of classic symphony music. Not a big fan of the sequel though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakengard

Another for me has to be Resident Evil 6. I've heard a lot of hate from fans and critics a like, but I really enjoyed it. I've had no problem with the direction the series has been going either.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
1310057202_nier.jpg

The storyline is good, if only they developed it a bit more.

The characters grow on you and there are a few soul crushing moments in the game.

The game play is fun at first but you can’t help but find what you comfortable with and just keep using the same moves.

The enemies and bosses are a bit easy. I didn’t die once, and I’m not exactly brilliant.

The soundtrack is FANTASTIC! If they put as much effort into the game as they did the music, it would be spectacular.

It has a talking book. Sorry, Grimoire :3

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Even though so many people hated them, I love Fable 2 and 3. They appeal to me so much and they're fun, easy and I get a real sense of satisfaction from completing them. It's nice, for me personally, to be able to play a game that I can complete as a casual/crap gamer without needing help, walkthroughs, guides, people doing it for me etc.

If they ever get around to making Fable 4, you can guarantee I'll be there buying it. With the departure of Peter Molyneux from Lionhead, I hope they still continue the overall vision and intention for the series - and perhaps introduce the option for more hardcore players to get the challenge they want without losing all the casual gamers who have found 2 and 3 to be just right for them.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
While most gamers complained about cloud swinging and bad camera angle, I enjoyed this more than Arkham City.
Mainly the ability to roam Manhattan, and fly through like it was nothing.
Though I did hate it's repetitiveness
I really have to ask you how did you find this more enjoyable than arkham city ?? HOW ??

You play as the mother freaking BATMAN !! spiderman is just spiderman but playing as batman feels AWESOME !!

though i just enjoy the game for what it is rather then finding flaws i try to enjoy the game and mostly i don't care about critics they can do whatever they want

many of the games i like is underrated or not even popular but i don't bother all fuss i just play the game

If i really have to mention a game of guilty pleasure it would be this :-

these are the two arcade games i remember so much i remember wasting so many coins

Top Bottom