• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gritty Persona 4 Reboot (DmC Parody)

Should Tameem Make A P4 Reboot?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
FROM SAMURAI HYPOTHESIS, THE CREATORS OF DIVINE BLADE AND ENCHAINED: EXPEDITION TO THE EAST....

SCENES FROM GAME ARE CURRENTLY UNDER DEVELOPMENT

The persona is a complicated system of relations between individual consciousness and society, fittingly enough a kind of mask, designed on the one hand to make a definite impression upon others, and, on the other, to conceal the true nature of the individual.
"The Relations between the Ego and the Unconscious" (1928). In CW 7: Two Essays on Analytical Psychology. P.305
-Carl Jung-

http://psikoloji.fisek.com.tr/jung/persona.htm

INTRO SCENE:

"Keishin Hospital; Karoshi Program: Subject 491343B. Psycho evaluation treatment... day 24... resume --

"Apologies... but I may I ask for... your... name?" (A play on Japanese politeness)

A very white, very western looking man with deep-red hair (made to look like this for troll purposes) is sitting in a decrepit recovery room chained to the bed railing. His life is in shambles as his multiple personality disorder completely sabotages his social and work life, leaving him unemployed and friendless.

A discarded medical report lies on a dilapidated desk, with the words "premature greying" highlighted for story-related emphasis.

Transparent, faded-out versions of himself slowly begin to appear in different sections of the room, slowly transforming into unearthly, Silent Hill-like creatures...

CUT TO EXT. ABANDONED JUNES:

The Protagonist is seen holding another Silent Hill like creature in a headlock, only with duller colors and an even more malevolent design to indicate enemy status. He's smoking a bright blue cigarette which unrolls to reveal a Tarot Card when taking it out of his mouth.

He then uses the card's razor-sharp edge to slit the throat of the enemy -- once the card has made its way across the enemy's throat The Protagonist then throws away the card. However, instead of being hurled away, the card shatters like glass as soon as it leaves his hand. A hovering trenchcoat-wearing figure appears in the shattered card's wake, shocking the other monsters with electricity.

"I'm afraid I must ask again..."

The trenchcoat figure then lays waste to the other monsters with his naginata (spear) while The Protagonist uses a signpost he ripped up out of the ground despite his lanky, drug-addled frame -- in the ensuing melee, a grey mophead is flipped into the air by one of the monsters after it snaps off the mop itself. The mophead then lands on The Protagonist's head. The Protagonist quickly yanks it off after muttering, "Not in a thousand lifetimes."

"May I ask... your... name?"

"My name is Souji." :troll:

"YOUTUBE NATION. MAIN EVENT TV, A.K.A ME TV..." :mad:

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
For some reason, this reminds me of Constantine - everything about it, the film, comics, etc. Constantine would actually be a "western" Persona or Shin Megami Tensei game since both deal with demonic and angelic or otherwise "otherworldly" beings. Contracts are formed through rituals, bribery, etc. The main differences would be that Constantine involves Biblical mythology and centers around John Constantine while the Megami Tensei franchise has different main characters and "main" mythologies per game.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
For some reason, this reminds me of Constantine -
That's weird... because DmC itself actually reminded me of Constantine (due to the shifting worlds). But I guess the Persona idea has more merit due to the fact that it has more similarities to Constantine than DmC does.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
That's weird... because DmC itself actually reminded me of Constantine (due to the shifting worlds). But I guess the Persona idea has more merit due to the fact that it has more similarities to Constantine than DmC does.

Doesn't the Megami Tensei series involve shifting worlds as well? Anyway, Dante and most of the cast in the DMC franchise can fight otherworldly creatures with ease. In the Megami Tensei and Constantine universes, as far as I know, the characters often have to make deals or depend on otherworldly beings to help them fight. Constantine regularly makes deals with demons and often has God's assistance along with magic; same thing in the Megami Tensei franchise as well.

Y'know, I'm curious to see a studio make a game like that based around European, Biblical, African, Native American, or Middle Eastern mythologies. We know how Atlus does it. I wonder how another studio with different views would do that. Even though it would basically be a Megami Tensei game, it'll deal with different mythologies that haven't seen much spotlight, yet. Who knows, it could be set in a Blade Runner-themed world and have African mythology centered around it.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Who knows, it could be set in a Blade Runner-themed world and have African mythology centered around it.
Shadow-Man kind of has what you're looking for, imho. Here's a longplay:
I like this guy's Let's Play of SM more than anyone else's.

This game has African mythology combined with a steampunk aesthetic.
And, if you look close enough, you can see a couple of similarities between SM and DMC3 (or, at least, I see them anyway).

The tower for example, is one of them. You could argue that the asylum is from Zelda OOT, but I like to look at it as its own entity.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
All jokes aside (and obvious baiting), some SMT games do have a rather grimdark settings. Like Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I actually would like an attack of flipping your enemies and saying "I don't have a weapon and FU*K YOU ANYWAY" and that does 999999% DAMAGE !

Top Bottom