• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Greatest Invention?

Meg

What do you think the greatest invention is?

My vote goes to indoor plumbing. :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
There is no greatest invention in my opinion. There are too many different inventions which helps in different areas. Although light from elecricity might be good but how can I compare it so something like a water system in a society? Both are important, both are great. :D

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Technology in general, because of it, we are able to do things that were thought to be in movies or books.

aka958

Don't trust people
Oh wait! I know what the greatest invention is! The invention that let's us choose multiple inventions as the answer!

Damn... paradox. >.<

Meg

^ Actually this is all an opinion based thing. The first post asks what you think the greatest invention is (your opinion) and then I give my opinion. That's all. :)

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;295809 said:
^ Actually this is all an opinion based thing. The first post asks what you think the greatest invention is (your opinion) and then I give my opinion. That's all. :)

Yeah, I meant to put "I would pick the invention..." but I simply forgot.

Still, if I would choose an invention to be able to choose all inventions as the greatest invention to be the greatest invention it creates a paradox. If all inventions is the greatest then the invention that is supposed to be the greatest is just equal to all the others which doesn't make it the greatest invention and then it wouldn't be the one I chose. xP

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
The internet. While it is not the most important invention, it is definitely one of the greatest, if not THE greatest.

3rd

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
the lightbulb. hands down.
no lightbulb=no screens, ovens, refrigerators, gas stoves, interior lighting, movies/television, deep sea or outer space exploration, satellites, and don't forget that without some of those things there would also be no internet.

celebrity-pictures-liam-neeson-beat-that.jpg

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium
Math. Without it, we wouldn't have technology, but language would probably be the best invention.

I still say it's math to be the great invention.

KRSkull

aka958;295811 said:
Yeah, I meant to put "I would pick the invention..." but I simply forgot.

Still, if I would choose an invention to be able to choose all inventions as the greatest invention to be the greatest invention it creates a paradox. If all inventions is the greatest then the invention that is supposed to be the greatest is just equal to all the others which doesn't make it the greatest invention and then it wouldn't be the one I chose. xP

Actually there is one invention and it is the most greatest one and because of that invention we have all the inventions we have today and all the inventions we will have tomorrow.

and that is the brain.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
The pill or antibiotics.

Pill - liberated women sexually and enabled them to have the same freedom as men in that department without becoming pregnant, or being expected to become pregnant, and limited the number of unwanted pregnancies worldwide. Probably helps go some way to limiting overpopulation in the world. It must certainly make the world a different place for women now than it once was - where having sex can now happen without the automatic risk of babies. In fact, contraception in general is helpful in preventing STDs as well.

Antibiotics - I'm sure our lifespans are now expected to be twice what they once were thanks to this invention which is the last defence against infectious diseases, but an effective one.

aka958

Don't trust people
KRSukaru;295830 said:
Actually there is one invention and it is the most greatest one and because of that invention we have all the inventions we have today and all the inventions we will have tomorrow.

and that is the brain.

That wasn't an invention. We had it from start and it has developed through the human life.

Don't go the religious path and say god invented the brain. God is not human, and he didn't "invent" anything since according to religion he was almighty and he created it. Being almighty means the he already knew how to make a brain since from the beginning, it is hardly an invention in that case.
But I don't believe in god so...

Meg

cheezMcNASTY;295818 said:
the lightbulb. hands down.
no lightbulb=no screens, ovens, refrigerators, gas stoves, interior lighting, movies/television, deep sea or outer space exploration, satellites, and don't forget that without some of those things there would also be no internet.

Would you rather have all the that or a bathroom inside your house so you don't have to run to the outhouse in the middle of a blizzard? :lol:

Another great invention is the STOP sign. Imagine the brilliance that went into creating something everyone ignores? :lol:

KRSkull

aka958;295838 said:
That wasn't an invention. We had it from start and it has developed through the human life.

Don't go the religious path and say god invented the brain. God is not human, and he didn't "invent" anything since according to religion he was almighty and he created it. Being almighty means the he already knew how to make a brain since from the beginning, it is hardly an invention in that case.
But I don't believe in god so...

yeah i agree with you about that. but when you think of it it is kind of interesting. i mean the brain is perfect but yet we as human are not.

anyway back to topic

the greatest invention for me is the phone cell. i mean you can use it to talk to family and friends, take photos, surf the internet, listen to music, watch video, and play video games. and don't fofrget that some of them have flashlight. all that in one tiny thing

Top Bottom